Thread: Another Oil ?

Another Oil ?

So I cahnged the oil in my Hayabusa all was working fine just doing the maintenace. I admit I used Valvoline High Milage 10w40 (it has the same rating as motorcycle oil). I ussally use the valveoline 10w40 motorcycle oil. Now it seem the bike has a hard time going into netrual untill it gets warmed up and I notice a difference in the shifting. It seem harder to shift again untill it warms up some. When I say warmed up I mean droven for a little distance; about three or four blocks. I rechecked the oil and the level is fine not over or under. Just curious if anyone has any light to shed on the subject before I drain the oil and do another oil change?

Re: Another Oil ?

oils do have an effect, as to whether or not the issue you are encountering is due to that i cannot say for sure. the biggest difference between car and motorcycle oil is the zinc and copper (for lubrication purposes) difference. i would say before you change your oil i would check your clutch cable for adjustment, and if you do change your oil while its empty take a micrometer and check out your clutch to make sure its still within specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    and you did it!

the rest of us were just thinking it.

http://www.myspace.com/adrenalineaddiction24

01 zx9r
    99 r6 (race bike)