Thread: Iron Butt 1000--a Google Map and picture tour of our ride last Friday.

Cool Iron Butt 1000--a Google Map and picture tour of our ride last Friday.

Wanting the most daylight we could afford, we planned our journey on one of the longest days of the year, Friday, June 20th, 2008. And the weather, well, nearly picture perfect for riding!

Our departure point: The State Capital building on Colfax. So, grab something to drink and take a relaxing moment to journey with us through four states as we see and experience what 1000+ miles of bliss on a motorcycle in under 24 hours is all about.

This link goes directly to Google Maps where you can click away. Once there, the index on the left will take you to each point, in order, along our route. Several of the photographs have links within them to either higher quality photographs or things to see and do along the way.

If you ever have plans to take a trip to the Black Hills, the Badlands or the countryside of our majestic plains this photo log will give you the chance to experience it from a rider's point of view.

~~We hope you enjoy it half as much as we did bringing it to you~~

A screen shot from the Google Maps page of this journey.

MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Re: Iron Butt 1000--a Google Map and picture tour of our ride last Friday.

Cool. How do you get those cool icons to show your points with? All I can find is that blue "tack."
    Photogallery * Google+ * Facebook! * STFU
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    god bless thongs and low self esteem women.

Looks like a fun trip with the exception of sleeping on the pavement. haha Thanks for sharing.
    Owner and General Manager - Fun Center Cycles in Durango, CO

11 BMW S1000RR - Street - Lady on the street
    13 Kawi ZX6R - Track - Freak in the bed
    13 Triumph Daytona 675R - Wifes bike

2014 MRA 400 Production Class Champion

Rode from Atlanta Ga to Colorado Springs last summer...23 hours straight (one eat stop 2 pee stops) I know your pain....

Congrats on the IB
    98 VFR 800 (Old faithful)
    06 Sprint ST 1050 (Sexual Chocolate)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason ON View Post
    Cool. How do you get those cool icons to show your points with? All I can find is that blue "tack."
    It was the same for me until I stopped drinking so much, ha.

In the upper right corner of the Waypoint marker is a box for the "map pin" click on it while in "Edit" mode and it will give a bunch of icons for the map pin.

Rider Workshop-USA

*Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

That has got to be one of the coolest reports I have seen Pilot...Awesome man... Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull303 View Post
    That has got to be one of the coolest reports I have seen Pilot...Awesome man... Thanks for sharing
    Thanks! But, I'll tell ya. It took quite a bit of work to build, mucho hours. It reminded me of when I use to manage a few websites, ha.

Rider Workshop-USA

Hmm I'm sure I can get someone to meet me in Sioux Falls, SD to mark my ending time/miles so I could visit my granny
    It's a celebration bitches!!! - RIP 502

Motos:
    2003 SV1000N - Dual Yosh RS3 CF Exhaust ••••• 09' Aprilia SR50 (Wife's) ••••• 93' ZX-11 - Sold after 43k Miles
    Cars:
    08' Audi S5 6MT •••• 10' VW TDI Cup Edition 6MT •••• 02' VW TDI Beetle 5MT •••• 07' Ford Explorer

What bikes was your group on?

Like I need your support

Honda Interceptor 800 (red)
    Kawasaki ZZR1200 (silver)
    Suzuki Hyabusa 1300 (Carl's bike--but he was not on the tour--he just was going part of the same route out of town)

Rider Workshop-USA

Re: Angelling

Quote Originally Posted by xuanlu425 View Post
    Very good, hoped that writes a better article, here xxxxx want to propose that some my view, hoped the author holds reader's point of view, take them as the starting point, found the new breach, stood looks at the question in xxxxxxx standpoint, like this will have is better, more real xxxxxx.
    Fscking spammer reported. Needs to be tortured slowly, skinned and rolled in salt then staked out over a fireant hill next to a killer bee hive.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

? Davey, Davey...

Rider Workshop-USA