Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who stood on the podium this past weekend at PMP?

Who stood on the podium this past weekend at PMP?

Lots of new riders this year. How did everyone do?
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Re: Who stood on the podium this past weekend at PMP?

RYBO took second in one of his races. He was flying!
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

pretty good for my first time.
    NU - 17
    NO - 19
    Middle Endurance - 11
    AU - can't remember
    AO - 25
    Sportsman - Finished 1st even with a meatball but DQ'd
    Jon
    MRA #80
    MSF Rider Coach

Sponsors: ABATE of Colorado, Aurora Honda, Vanmar Racing, Michelin, Woodcraft, Armour Bodies, GoPro

Quote Originally Posted by TopTier View Post
    NU - 17
    NO - 19
    Middle Endurance - 11
    AU - can't remember
    AO - 25

Congratulations on timing out of Sportsman. Nice seeing your times drop over the weekend.

Ric

Congratulations to Katie and Sasha on their finishes in LOR/WoW.

Ric

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Here's a few pics from the weekend (mainly Sunday):
    http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/c...20June%2029th/

Was sitting at the start/finish for ROR, 1/2 a bike length at the most between 1st and 2nd.
    Jim Wilson had a nice 5th place all to himself.
    Dirks laydown was a drag but rider and bike both seemed to come through it better than might be hoped.
    Missed his races, but heard our own Slow Jay was laying down some wicked personal lap times.
    Mayhem was doing well considering he had to overcome more meatballs than an Italian deli.
    In fact, everyone seems to be getting faster as the season goes on.

Great hanging with Dirk, Sue, Jay and seeing a lot of familiar faces.
    Enjoyed riding with the folks out there Friday too. (And thanks Earlene.)
    Kinda intimidating running with so many #'d riders, but everyone was extremely considerate and cool about passes and such.

Great weekend.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sortarican View Post
    Missed his races, but heard our own Slow Jay was laying down some wicked personal lap times.
    He's much too classy a guy to gloat about it, so I'll do it for him. He turned a 1:40.5 I think it was (maybe .3) at the end of the Novice GTO race. Once he gets turn 7 dialed in, look out. He finished 8th, continuing his streak of top-ten finishes. And he's only going to get better, especially if we can start getting him on fresh rubber instead of worn-out take-offs.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by 98rc46 View Post
    Congratulations to Katie and Sasha on their finishes in LOR/WoW.

Ric

I believe Sasha beat her previous best lap time by 5 seconds this past weekend.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    He's much too classy a guy to gloat about it, so I'll do it for him....
    Ain't that the truth?
    The "I'm slow" shpeel would get old coming from anyone else, but he truley is just that humble.

And since Dirk won't toot his own horn either, I will.
    You're getting quicker by the lap brother. Now just learn to keep it upright and I predict some top 10's coming your way too.

And just to prove I'll throw salt in the wounds of even my friends....

A fiery Gixer with the speed of light, a cloud of dust, and a hearty "Oh Shit!"....It's the Dirk Ranger!
    Attachment 8392
    Attachment 8393
    Attachment 8394
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

Now just learn to keep it upright and I predict some top 10's coming your way too.
    Yeah, after thinking about what happened and the much appreciated input from Randy who saw it happen up close, I think I finally exceeded the capability of the forks as they are set up (stock). I buried the forks and the front tire started chattering. I don't think I was going fast enough to not have been able to brake and take the turn like I wanted to but I'd certainly like to hear expert opinions on that. It's time to get serious about having Dave really get the suspension set up properly. I'm sure I need heavier springs in the forks.

Dirk

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

All of the CSC novices are doing awesome. The progression you guys are making every weekend gets better and better.
    Good job!
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

Quote Originally Posted by hcr25 View Post
    All of the CSC novices are doing awesome. The progression you guys are making every weekend gets better and better.
    Good job!
    Looked like you were having a pretty good weekend yourself (well, except for the blown motor...), setting a personal best lap time as I recall. Thanks for the constant encouragement and advice you give to us novices. It really is nice to have that kind of input from you seasoned guys.

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    ... I think I finally exceeded the capability of the forks as they are set up (stock)...
    You're running stock fork internals?
    I'd bet you'll get another 4 seconds just with appropriate springs.
    Did mine a couple months back and couldn't beleive the difference.
    (We ain't exactly the 145lb riders the factory sets the stock suspension up for, eh?)

Best cheap upgrade I ever made. (Besides the bicycle bell of course.)

You're running stock fork internals?
    I'd bet you'll get another 4 seconds just with appropriate springs.
    Yeah, still stock everything. And, yeah, I ain't the typical-weight rider.

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson

Member Lifetime Supporter CBRSue's Avatar

Had a great weekend at the races! Was great seeing everyone and hanging out with all ya'll!

Jay 510 and Dirk 211, you guys did awesome!!! Dirk, you scared me for just a sec with that low side, but you got up and are OK, thank goodness!

The LOR gals are amazing!!! Congrats to all of you!

Was fun watching the CSC racers and was cool seeing other CSCers supporting the sport with corner working and with coming out to watch!

Lookin' forward to the next race!
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by CBRSue View Post
    Dirk, you scared me for just a sec with that low side, but you got up and are OK, thank goodness!

Yeah, I gotta quit this Sunday crashing when everyone is out watching. It probably would have been a cool pass if I had been able to pull it off. Too much watching Rossi at Brothers BBQ. He makes it look too easy.

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson

The racers with their knowledge and advice they keep giving us newbies is great. Had many great conversations with Chris Weed, Dion, Jason L, and Mike A, so much to learn in such a short amount of time. Even when in race mode and trying to focus and prep themselves/bikes, they still find the time to lend a hand.

As far as CSC non-MRA members, you guys/gals are the best!!! Coming down to watch the races, corner working, and just showing support, constantly giving us newbies more encouragement, you just don't know how much that means to all of us. Being new, at least for myself, I'm nervous as hell before the races. Having others there just talking with us and encouraging us is a big help.

To my teamates and other friends, CSC members, I owe each and every one of you a big Thank You.... I seriously doubt I would be anywhere near the MRA and racing without all you have done to help me out recently and over the past year. I may not always show my appreciation (I'm not the best person to show it), however just know that I am constantly reminding myself about it!!!

Thanks to all of you again, hopefully I can represent the CSC well along with other racers to the public and to the race community.

Easily distracted by shiny objects and bouncy things jplracing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    I believe Sasha beat her previous best lap time by 5 seconds this past weekend.
    Actually it was 6+ seconds...

www.rebellionmotorsports.com

Grant_me_revs personal snake catcher!!

Quote Originally Posted by jplracing View Post
    Actually it was 6+ seconds...
    What's the deal with the Tl Joe?
    Looking to expand into the SuperTwins?

Quote Originally Posted by TopTier View Post
    NU - 17
    NO - 19
    Middle Endurance - 11
    AU - can't remember
    AO - 25
    AHA!!! so you were the one on my ass during the AO race. lol. my tires were giving out on me and i was just waiting for you to fly past me. Some friends of mine got some pretty good video of us battling it out on the last couple laps.

I feel good about my first race weekend as well. Started dead last and ended 23rd in NGTO and finished 24th in AGTO. Set a personal best lap record of 1'41" friday morning.
    Last edited by GNGSXR; Mon Jun 30th, 2008 at 06:31 PM.
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR
    1987 buick grand national
    '06 GSXR 750. Race Track. Everyday Commuter. Long distance tourer. Sold

Easily distracted by shiny objects and bouncy things jplracing's Avatar

What's the deal with the Tl Joe?
    Looking to expand into the SuperTwins?

Actually yes I am strongly thinking of getting off the 600 and racing twins...less crazy bs in twins/mvo then in amU/O.

Unfortunatly, I was due to pick up the TL this weekend, but there were a few problems and decided that the weekend wasn't the time to completly go through the bike....so I gave it back too the owner.

I have to admit the owner was pretty cool about the whole thing and all is not lost, however at this point I am not sure if a deal will come through or not.

Joe

www.rebellionmotorsports.com

Grant_me_revs personal snake catcher!!

Quote Originally Posted by GNGSXR View Post
    AHA!!! so you were the one on my ass during the AO race. lol. my tires were giving out on me and i was just waiting for you to fly past me. Some friends of mine got some pretty good video of us battling it out on the last couple laps.

I feel good about my first race weekend as well. Started dead last and ended 23rd in NGTO and finished 24th in AGTO. Set a personal best lap record of 1'41" friday morning.
    Yeah that was fun. I was trying to find a way past you but couldn't get it done. I tried to go inside of you a couple of times in T10 but you would just out accelerate me on the straight then I would catch back up in T1. I also tried to dive in on T6 and T9 but still couldn't get it done. It's hard passing a faster bike. Maybe next time I'll get you I hit my personal best a 1'41" during the race after I passed the blue R1 to catch back up to you.
    Jon
    MRA #80
    MSF Rider Coach

Sponsors: ABATE of Colorado, Aurora Honda, Vanmar Racing, Michelin, Woodcraft, Armour Bodies, GoPro

Yippy!

VANMAR!!!!
    Bridgestone Tires
    www.fastermotorsports.net
    www.youngbloodracing.com
    www.chicanetrackdays.com

Erik Cromer |MRA #611

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    The racers with their knowledge and advice they keep giving us newbies is great. Had many great conversations with Chris Weed, Dion, Jason L, and Mike A, so much to learn in such a short amount of time. Even when in race mode and trying to focus and prep themselves/bikes, they still find the time to lend a hand.

As far as CSC non-MRA members, you guys/gals are the best!!! Coming down to watch the races, corner working, and just showing support, constantly giving us newbies more encouragement, you just don't know how much that means to all of us. Being new, at least for myself, I'm nervous as hell before the races. Having others there just talking with us and encouraging us is a big help.

To my teamates and other friends, CSC members, I owe each and every one of you a big Thank You.... I seriously doubt I would be anywhere near the MRA and racing without all you have done to help me out recently and over the past year. I may not always show my appreciation (I'm not the best person to show it), however just know that I am constantly reminding myself about it!!!

Thanks to all of you again, hopefully I can represent the CSC well along with other racers to the public and to the race community.
    Hey well a big thanks to you guys too. (Jay, Dirk, Sue, Doug, Rick) We hung out in the pit area with all of you. Even though you were focused on racing. You guys answered every question I had about racing. How to get into racing. I got so much info it was great. Thanks to all of you for being patient with us noobs. Thanks for letting us hang out in your pit area and for inspiring us that don't race....(yet!!)