Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who stood on the podium this past weekend at PMP?

Re: Who stood on the podium this past weekend at PMP?

Quote Originally Posted by TopTier View Post
    Yeah that was fun. I was trying to find a way past you but couldn't get it done. I tried to go inside of you a couple of times in T10 but you would just out accelerate me on the straight then I would catch back up in T1. I also tried to dive in on T6 and T9 but still couldn't get it done. It's hard passing a faster bike. Maybe next time I'll get you I hit my personal best a 1'41" during the race after I passed the blue R1 to catch back up to you.

i kept looking back at the end of the straight and saw that i had some breathing room so i started to back off in the turns to keep from sliding out on my crap tires. Then i watched the video and saw how close you were in the turns and realized i didnt have as much breathing room as i initially thought.
    I hit my personal best of a 1'41" too but it was during practice on friday. We should all get together for some track days before the next pueblo race.
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR
    1987 buick grand national
    '06 GSXR 750. Race Track. Everyday Commuter. Long distance tourer. Sold

GNGSXR, I was the guy that ran into you on A Bluffs last week. I saw you on the grid during one of the Am races, but didn't get a chance to talk to you. Looks like you did well this weekend. Good job man.

EX-MRA #719

- 502 - RIP Gene, you will always be an inspiration.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstien

Quote Originally Posted by -PUCK- View Post
    GNGSXR, I was the guy that ran into you on A Bluffs last week. I saw you on the grid during one of the Am races, but didn't get a chance to talk to you. Looks like you did well this weekend. Good job man.

were you in the AMO race on sunday?
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR

Quote Originally Posted by GNGSXR View Post
    i kept looking back at the end of the straight and saw that i had some breathing room so i started to back off in the turns to keep from sliding out on my crap tires. Then i watched the video and saw how close you were in the turns and realized i didnt have as much breathing room as i initially thought.
    I hit my personal best of a 1'41" too but it was during practice on friday. We should all get together for some track days before the next pueblo race.
    definitely. Just let me know what days you plan on going.
    Jon
    MRA #80
    MSF Rider Coach

Sponsors: ABATE of Colorado, Aurora Honda, Vanmar Racing, Michelin, Woodcraft, Armour Bodies, GoPro

Thanks to Dirk, Doug, and Jay for letting me pit by them, and steal an air gauge for a bit. I had more fun racing this weekend than I have had in a long time.

Man that wreck in T4 was gnarly, especially from about 2 feet away. And Douggie Bobby is too damn fast for his own good, couldn't even let me think I had a chance for a couple of laps.

Jay, you need to start dicing in AmO. You will break that 1:40 time quick if you do, even with stock suspension.
    2018 Ducati Panigale V4s -- Stock
    2017 Nissan Titan XD -- Stock
    2009 BMW 135i -- Far from Stock
    1966 Brechcraft Super III Musketeer -- Stock

Quote Originally Posted by TopTier View Post
    Yeah that was fun. I was trying to find a way past you but couldn't get it done. I tried to go inside of you a couple of times in T10 but you would just out accelerate me on the straight then I would catch back up in T1. I also tried to dive in on T6 and T9 but still couldn't get it done. It's hard passing a faster bike. Maybe next time I'll get you I hit my personal best a 1'41" during the race after I passed the blue R1 to catch back up to you.
    T6? Thats a ballsy passing zone.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jayock View Post
    Thanks to Dirk, Doug, and Jay for letting me pit by them, and steal an air gauge for a bit. I had more fun racing this weekend than I have had in a long time.
    Anything of ours you ever need is yours. Yeah, I can understand why you had such a good time. Didn't you take second in Open Supersport?

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

I wish. Second in AmO.

Jay, you need to start dicing in AmO. You will break that 1:40 time quick if you do, even with stock suspension.
    Yeah, if Dirk decides to race Sportsman in Hastings, then I will sign up for AM-O there, or else it will have to wait until the next Pueblo day. Funny how I am running 1:40's for my best personal time at Hastings and Pueblo.

Congrats on your finish in AM-O though, that's a feat in itself!!!

I wish. Second in AmO.
    That's still kick-ass, man! Awesome job!!!

Dirk

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

T6? Thats a ballsy passing zone.
    oops typo I meant to type T5
    Jon
    MRA #80
    MSF Rider Coach

Sponsors: ABATE of Colorado, Aurora Honda, Vanmar Racing, Michelin, Woodcraft, Armour Bodies, GoPro

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Looked like you were having a pretty good weekend yourself (well, except for the blown motor...), setting a personal best lap time as I recall. Thanks for the constant encouragement and advice you give to us novices. It really is nice to have that kind of input from you seasoned guys.

Dirk
    I had an awesome weekend! The motor thing sucks but that was my fault!

I finished 2nd in MW SS behind Ricky Orlando and beat my previous best lap time at Pueblo which was 1:35.8. Chasing Ricky on my Gsxr 600 i did my best of a 1:34.6 and in that race my slowest lap was still better then 1:35.8

I rode Jeff Browns back up R6 and ended up winning MW endurance after Charles Greenwood had bike issues. I think I was under my lap time on his bike as well.

HW endurance i rode my friend Mike Yoders 07 R6 to forth place. I also did a few laps in ROR O on his Ducati 996 for fun.

In ROR U I rode Brian Destaracs 08 ZX6r to 13th place after running of the track in turn one.

All in all i had one of my best weekends of racing. Jumping from bike to bike and being able to do well was alot of fun.

Again congrats to all the new and old CSC racers!
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

Quote Originally Posted by hcr25 View Post
    ... ended up winning MW endurance after Charles Greenwood had bike issues. ...

HW endurance i rode my friend Mike Yoders 07 R6 to forth place.
    Dude, I have no idea how you ride back-to-back endurance races. I had to lay on the tank for about 5 minutes when I got back from HW endurance. I was wondering why my fastest lap in endurance was the last one and I think I just figured it out: I wanted to get off that damn bike!

Congrats again on an awesome weekend of riding!

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by GNGSXR View Post
    were you in the AMO race on sunday?
    Yeah, I was wayyyy in the back on the 13th row 2nd wave. I think I finished 23rd in that one. I think that's when I saw you, weren't you gridded back there too?

Hey, check it out! John caught us in both in one shot......pretty cool. (click link)
    http://jwpga.lifepics.com/a/photosho...=168840658&p=4
    Last edited by -PUCK-; Tue Jul 1st, 2008 at 06:57 PM.

EX-MRA #719

- 502 - RIP Gene, you will always be an inspiration.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstien

Quote Originally Posted by -PUCK- View Post
    Yeah, I was wayyyy in the back on the 13th row 2nd wave. I think I finished 23rd in that one. I think that's when I saw you, weren't you gridded back there too?

Hey, check it out! John caught us in both in one shot......pretty cool. (click link)
    http://jwpga.lifepics.com/a/photosho...=168840658&p=4
    i was in the 12th row left side. I knew i was chasing you down on the last 2 laps. my friends got some good video of our last two laps. I was able to get right behind you after the straight away into turn 1 but you kept putting the distance on me in the turns.
    that is a pretty cool shot.
    Last edited by GNGSXR; Wed Jul 2nd, 2008 at 11:19 AM.
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR