Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got a BS ticket in Morrison.

Just got a BS ticket in Morrison.

Damir (07gixRsix) I, were riding up Morris caynon right outside of the town of Morrison. We were just about to where it turn 35mph, we make the bend and there is a Morrison LEO sitting there reading someting that looks like a paper. He put down the paper and pulls out and fallows us. He then turns on the berries and cherries and get mehind me. Damir, pulls over to stay with me. The officer takes like 5 min to even come up to use and get our information. He then goes back in his car for about 5 more minuets. At this point we still have not been told what we were pulled over for. He finally comes out and tell us, "I am writing both of you a 50 mph speeding in a 25mph zone because you were side be side." We were not side by side nor going 50mph. I am planning on fighting this BS ticket.
    "Ride Naked!"
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 (Fazer)
    1984 Kawasaki 250 4-stroke enduro
    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L V8 (Gas Whore)

Re: Just got a BS ticket in Morrison.

Good luck with that.
    ILLMATIC RACING

I believe that Colorado allows motorcycles to lane share. However, Morrison may have something different on the books. Good luck.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    I believe that Colorado allows motorcycles to lane share. However, Morrison may have something different on the books. Good luck.
    Its not a lane share ticket, he is using the side by side to write two tickets for one. We were in two different lanes.
    "Ride Naked!"
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 (Fazer)

OK. Got it. That (next to Red Rocks) is heavy for enforcement. Seems like riders like to get up to speed when the road goes to two lanes--based on more than a few rides that I've been on. If in the lead I intentionally go the speed limit through there. But, I'm continually passed by riders thinking that I'm gonna go slow all the way. Again, good luck with your effort and keep us posted.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

That and he's mumbling stuff too like he was trying to make things up and he gives me a ticket for actually stopping for my friend? What kinda shit is that? I was like 4-5 bike lenghts behind him and I'm magically going 50 when I never accelerated to try and catch up? I fuckin hate it when cops can do what they fuckin want and we can't say shit about it..... So I get a 6 point ticket for being a good friend? That's fuckin dope let me tell you. Hope that paper and those donuts he was eating were worth the time.... This is the type of law enforcement that should be erased!.... What an embarrasment to real cops out there....
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

They do some crazy crap over there. I hate even driving through that place, much less riding through it . . .
    www.onthemarcphotography.com

Lmao, the Jeffco motorcycle cop even was amazed we got that ticket. Its said when you say to another cop, "I got pulled over by a Morrison Cop" and they say, "I'm Sorry". Deer Creek is the only canyon ill ride over there now.
    "Ride Naked!"
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 (Fazer)

I got pulled over there at the same spot a couple weeks ago by a cop in an SUV, he was real young and had braces on his teeth.

I pulled over immediately, turned my bike off and stayed on the bike till he approached, then I asked permission to get off my bike.

I told him I had not been pulled over for over ten years, so he must have had a really good reason to pull me over, pretty much kissed his ass and called him officer, sir etc..

He asked me what I thought the speed limit was leaving Morrison and I said 35mph.
    Nope, he explained it was 25mph

He then asked how fast I thought I was going, and I said "41MPH", he then told me I was clocked at 42mph.

I got lucky, he took my info, came back a couple minutes later and gave me a warning, wrote the warning offence on his business card and told me to slow down leaving town.

I go through there a few times a week, and I'd say there is a cop parked about 30% of the time I go by.

They park right between the the signs where the speed limit changes from 25-35.
    Also, most traffic is way above the speed limit on that stretch leaving town.

It seems like an speed trap to me, I would check to see when was the last time a survey was done on that rode, and take some pics of how close together the MPH signs are.

Account Deactivated at users request DARK ANGEL's Avatar

i would take that shit to court.

I go through there all the time and i always do the limit cause 9 out of 10 times there is a jeffco or morrison donut sucker there.

And again, fuck the police they are only an instrument for revenue collection bending the laws and rules to suit their needs.... worthless people they are.

Quote Originally Posted by DARK ANGEL View Post
    i would take that shit to court.

I go through there all the time and i always do the limit cause 9 out of 10 times there is a jeffco or morrison donut sucker there.

And again, fuck the police they are only an instrument for revenue collection bending the laws and rules to suit their needs.... worthless people they are.
    What do you know? Finally someone who feels like I do!.... I'm definitely taking that to court because I did absolutely nothing to deserve that ticket but have courtesy for my friend and stop with him...... I have never been harassed by cops so much in my entire life and not for being brown but for owning a sport bike. We are the most targeted riders out there mainly for cops that do absolutely nothing with their shifts but gossip about bs.... There's more Harley riders speeding and middle laning when I head to work every single morning and cops see that and do nothing!.... Like you said its all for their doggone convinience and it pisses me off so damn bad to get shot down by some rookie that thinks he's bad cause of a badge and for no reason too.....
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

AKA "Devaclis"

THAT is why I don't ride with you guys. Especially Damir. That kid is NOTHING but a trouble maker
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    THAT is why I don't ride with you guys. Especially Damir. That kid is NOTHING but a trouble maker
    THAT'S IT!.... You asked for it Dana! Let's go 27 mph side by side and let's see who gets pulled first or HEY he might even score another 2 ticket shot lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Don't know about CO law, but IL law states that they cannot operate electronic speed monitoring devices within 500ft of a speed limit sign. So, if you happen to have been close to a sign, you might want to lookup the CO law on it.
    Your grammar makes my head hurt.

1994 YZF750R

Account Deactivated at users request DARK ANGEL's Avatar

i think we should go through there at like 10 mph.....see what they have to say then...

you get pulled over and they ask why your going so slow? Tell them cause you dont want a speeding ticket and to ensure that you went 10 mph so there is no chance in hell you could get pulled over for speeding...

im gonna try that seee what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by DARK ANGEL View Post
    i think we should go through there at like 10 mph.....see what they have to say then...

you get pulled over and they ask why your going so slow? Tell them cause you dont want a speeding ticket and to ensure that you went 10 mph so there is no chance in hell you could get pulled over for speeding...

im gonna try that seee what happens...
    Has anyone EVER been pulled over in colorado for going too slow??? Or for driving in the left lane without passing??? or any of those other laws that are never enforced??? Don't get me wrong though, I'm on your side. I don't necessarily hate all cops; I've had to experince their plight in Iraq, but I DO understand where you're coming from, and just wish there was some common sense left in this country.

Great idea

42-4-1103. Minimum speed regulation.

(1) No person shall drive a motor vehicle on any highway at such a slow speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable forward movement of traffic, except when a reduced speed is necessary for safe operation of such vehicle or in compliance with law.
    "That which does not kill you only postpones the inevitable."

I have been told that when you go to court you can request things like calabration paperwork for there radar gun and such. Make it a pain in the ass for the LEO to come to court. When was he out there? Guess his shift and then reschedual your court date and time for (what you would hope) is as inconveaniant as possable for him. Or offer him doughnut to drop it.

Yeah, I am going to ask for the radar gun record, ask how can he write two bikes for the same speed, and also try to use targeting, because we were on sport bikes. There were cars speeding out of there too.
    "Ride Naked!"
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 (Fazer)

Haha yea, unfortunately our cop force is going downhill. I mean what kind of a cop gives you a ticket at 9 am in a town like Morrison which is like a ghost town in there at that time so what's the threat?.... There were 2 ford trucks that flew by doing like 60 mph and cutting the lanes and we get pulled over? That's dope lol. I was doing like a bit over 30 mph when he "clocked us" and I was behind ryno24 too and by a lot too so how could he even say we were side by side? If there's one thing I hate is when cops try and make stuff up to get you.... And of course you can't say squat at that particular time cause its their word against yours and they can take you to jail for "arguing with the law"..... Pathetic ass people with an overhightened sense of power..... Oh humanity
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Unfortunately, when it's your word against the LEO's, the LEO usually wins. It's also unfortunate that some LEOs choose to write tickets for infractions they fabricated. I've had a couple bogus tickets in my life, and it gives all LEOs a bad name. I console myself by thinking of all the times I didn't get caught. I guess it all evens out......
    Jeff in Littleton
    '02 Blackbird
    '98 Sports racer

im glad yall werent doin anythin stupid or tried runnin than stoppin lol... can they give you a ticket for running over a cop car?

Quote Originally Posted by mastap07 View Post
    im glad yall werent doin anythin stupid or tried runnin than stoppin lol... can they give you a ticket for running over a cop car?

... when was the last time you heard about a motorcycle running over a police car?
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

Well I'm sure we can try the idea out, as long as he is there still lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1