Thread: ECU Problems;

ECU Problems;

I have bit of an ECU issue. Would like to know if someone is willing to help? I've been getting a C22 error code. Replaced the ECU, from E-bay. If someone would be willing to plug their ECU, into my bike, for diagnostic purposes, I would compensate and take full responsibility for any damages. All the sensors have been replaced. Have my doubts about newely purchased ECU. I have a GSX-R 1000, 2005. If your ECU is not throwing any codes, and is know to be good. I would like to install it my bike, and check the results. That's all there is to it! I have been getting misinformation from all sides. I am in Loveland,Co. I will pay for your gas to get here, and more. The stealers, at this point, is not an option I am willing to take. Been there, Done that. Please call (970-663-0587), anytime. Thanks, Frank S.

Re: ECU Problems;

C22 dtc will display when AP(atmospheric pressure) sensor voltage is not between 0.5 V and 4.85 V. Check the wiring/coupler connection on the AP sensor. If the connection is good, then replace the sensor.
    Last edited by UglyDogRacing; Sat Jul 5th, 2008 at 01:30 PM.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Thanks, The sensor has been replaced with new. All voltage is where it should be. The C-22 code still exists. All electrical checks have been done. I believe the newely purchased ECU can possibly be at fault. All ends covered. Need know good ECU to verify problem. Harness, etc. Thanks.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

C'mon guys, help a brotha out. This guy's been thru some sh!t trying to fix this for over a year, and I KNOW there's a couple of you with '05 and '06 1000's here (ECU is the same). He's a stand-up guy, and means what he says. He'll pay you for your time and trouble to come up here, or he'll come to you and give you some $$ just to test it. And, as he said, if anything happens to yours (extremely unlikely-it's plug-n-play) he'll pay to replace your ECU.

So, anyone want to man up and help a new member?
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

AKA "Devaclis"

I would help him but he knows YOU!!!!

J/K

Frank 2, weren't you talking about this issue over a year ago at Jeffs place? (Nick Ninja). I am the guy with the yellow 600RR.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    I would help him but he knows YOU!!!!

J/K

Frank 2, weren't you talking about this issue over a year ago at Jeffs place? (Nick Ninja). I am the guy with the yellow 600RR.
    Yeah, don't let the fact I'M an a$$hole stop someone from helping this guy.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Yes ,I probably am the guy at Jeff's house. I think I'll talked to everyone about this prob. Thank's Monkey man. I believe I've eliminated all the in sight problems. Ghost in the machine shit now! I know the post probably sounds like bullshit. When your knee deep in it, it smells like it to. Got to be smarter than the machine, I guess. BCNU.

CycleMonkey PM'd me about your dilema. I would love to help out but I live in Tucson AZ now, and I own an 2007 GSXR1000 so that wouldn't help you out either. Sorry for your issues, hope you solve the problem so you can ride.
    2014 Ducati Hypermotard 821
    2015 HD FLHXS

Thanks LOLO. I appreciate the response. I think we are a bit far apart for this to be practical. Out of state travel, with my bikes condition, might be a bad idea. Thanks, again. Also, Thanks Frank.

So, nobody here has an '05 or '06? frank2, try posting this on Gixxer.com. There's probably someone there with an '05 or '06 that can and will help you.

Best of luck, and let me know if I can help.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian