I have been having some funky carb issues. I went through and cleaned it, had the carbs off the bike 4 times in as many weeks. By the feel of it the carb float level is off. I have the manual and read up on the procedure and even gave it a shot. I put the carbs in a vise and made them level, then with the clear hose measured the level of the fuel on the outside carbs. It seemed as though they were a tad high. But when I took the bowls off the float hight was higher than the specs which would indicate the the feul level is too low Give me a V-twin sport bike with 2 seperate carbs any day! WTF. I feel like the bike is dumping fuel into the carbs because it will occasionally idle at 3k then drop down to the normal idle or just die after a spirited run and a close of the throttle. plus when I start up I blow out some smoke depending on the angle of the bike and it is kinda tough to start. I have to give it 1/8th throttle to start.. I have lost some of the power as well. Most has been in the lower end. Mid throttle at mid reves is good and top end wide open is OK but I know it is lacking because it it seems like each time I take the carbs out and put them back int the bike runs great for a day or so, Great power easy starting . I have checked the needle valves and seats and they seem to be good, but they have the rubber tips so they are hard to really tell the condition. I did give the float bowl a quick BJ and the air I was blowing in would not come out unless I lift the float up(if the carb is upsidedown

Is that enough information? Can a carb Guru come to the wrenching party and enlighten me? Should I just buy a rebuild kit and start over from there, drill out the air screw caps and synch em up?