Thread: Jamie Hacking to make MotoGP debut at Laguna

Thumbs up Jamie Hacking to make MotoGP debut at Laguna

Jamie Hacking to Make Motogp Debut at Laguna
    10 July 2008 - AMA Superbike star, Jamie Hacking, will make his MotoGP debut in this year's USGP at Laguna Seca, after being drafted into the Kawasaki Racing Team as a temporary replacement for the injured John Hopkins.

A three-time AMA champion, Hacking has racked up six podium finishes already in this year's ultra-competitive AMA Superbike championship, making him the ideal choice to stand in for Hopkins while the Anglo-American recovers from the injuries sustained in a high-speed qualifying crash ahead of the Dutch TT at Assen.

Although a US citizen now, 37-year-old Hacking was born in the Lancashire mill town of Oswaldtwistle in the North of England and only moved to the United States at the age of nine years, when his father secured a job in Spartanburg, South Carolina.

And it was in America that 'the Hacker' got serious about racing, contesting junior motocross events all over the South-Eastern United States and winning almost every race he entered. In 1994 Hacking made the switch to road racing aboard a Kawasaki ZX-7R and made an instant impression by crashing out of his first race!

Hacking made his AMA debut in 1997, again aboard a Kawasaki, and took pole position in his very first Supersport qualifying session. In 1998 he secured the AMA Rookie of the Year award and in 2003 he won the first of two AMA Supersport titles, the second coming in 2006 when he was also crowned AMA Superstock champion.

A move to Kawasaki in 2007 brought two Supersport race wins aboard the ZX-6R as well as five Superbike podium finishes. This season Hacking has focussed solely on the Superbike class and, with six podium finishes to his name so far this season, currently lies fourth in the championship standings.

The highly experienced AMA Superbike rider broke the lap record during two days of testing at Autopolis this week, aboard the Ninja ZX-RR machine he will race at Laguna. As a result, he heads for the USGP determined to match, or even exceed, the performance of his Kawasaki teammate, Roger Lee Hayden, who brought the Ninja ZX-RR home in an impressive tenth place in last year's race.

Jamie Hacking
    Kawasaki MotoGP Pilot #12
    "I'm really excited about riding Kawasaki's Ninja ZX-RR in the USGP at Laguna Seca. We've just completed two days of testing with the bike in Japan, and I felt pretty comfortable straight away. It's an amazing machine. I can't believe how sophisticated the electronics package is on the bike; already it feels like you can open the gas impossibly early out of the turns, but the data shows that it's actually possible to open the throttle even earlier. To do this requires some confidence in the electronics, and that confidence will only come with more track time on the bike. Roger Lee set the benchmark at this race last year with an outstanding tenth place finish, so that's certainly given me something to aim for. Laguna is one of my best tracks, but I'm under no illusions how hard it's going to be. I'll be up against some of the best riders in the world on a bike on which I've only had limited testing time. If I come away from the weekend with a top ten finish, then I'll be happy."

Kawasaki Competition Manager
    "Given his results in this year's AMA Superbike championship, Jamie was the obvious choice for Kawasaki when the factory started looking for a temporary replacement for John Hopkins. We are looking forward to seeing what he can do on our bike at Laguna Seca, especially after he broke the lap record at Kawasaki's Autopolis circuit in Japan during two days of testing on the Ninja ZX-RR this week. One big advantage that Jamie has is that he knows the track extremely well, and I think that will count in his favour, as it will allow him to focus completely on the bike during the race weekend. Roger Lee set a hard target last year by finishing as the first American across the line in tenth place, but I'm sure that Jamie is heading to the USGP determined to do even better! I'm sure that he will do a good job for us at Laguna."
    CEO, Angry Marmot Motorsports
    07 Passion Red Kawi 650R

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: Jamie Hacking to make MotoGP debut at Laguna

Hacking, eh? Nice, I'll have to pull from him. Shame he has to be on a Kwak.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Hopefully he'll get more shots besides Laguna. He's been pretty impressive on the bike thus far, hopefully he can put that thing in the top ten.

Oh ya, Hopper is the suck, big -eared fuckin' elf bitch.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Hacking has done great on the 10r this year. I am excited to see what he can do on the GP ride. Hacking has definitely disappointed me thus far on the Kawi...

Hopefully Edwards joins team green in 09 and gets the program in gear

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    Oh ya, Hopper is the suck, big -eared fuckin' elf bitch.
    What a difference a year makes.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=14508

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

^^A year filled with frustration CHAMPIONSHIP IN 09!!!!!!!!!!!

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

OMGJAMIEHACKINGFTMFMOTOGPWLOLZBBQ!!!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

HACKINGMUSTGOJOHNNYROCKPAGEONTHOSEGPPUSSIES!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post

Dirk

You beat me to the punch. I was just thinking about how to find DK's "Championship" comment when I got to your post.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post

Dirk
    Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    ^^A year filled with frustration CHAMPIONSHIP IN 09!!!!!!!!!!!

Kawasaki + MotoGP(500CC+) = 0 Championships, nothing, nada, zero, zip, none, nil, zippo, jack shit, bupkis, empty, diddly squat....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...orld_Champions

Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar

That's great that Hacking got the call. It seems Kawasaki is going solo for Germany.

Hopefully Hacking can show Westy how to ride the pony.
    Yusuke (U-skay)
    2002 WSBK Eric Bostrom Monza Wild Card Replica ZX-7R
    2006 Track prepped ZX-6R

Always and forever will be a Kawasaki rider.

Quote Originally Posted by green_zx7r View Post
    That's great that Hacking got the call. It seems Kawasaki is going solo for Germany.

Hopefully Hacking can show Westy how to ride the pony.

I hope so too, I like Hacking.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."