Thread: Rossi signs with Yamaha til 2010

Rossi signs with Yamaha til 2010

Oh yeah!!! The Doctor for two more years!

http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=12660

MONTEREY, CA, JULY 18: Valentino Rossi isn't going anywhere.
    The seven-time world champion will stay with Yamaha for the next two years. The signing was revealed during a dramatic announcement after Rossi was introduced to the crowd gathered at a party thrown by Yamaha at the Monterey Bay Aquarium in Monterey, Ca. site of this weekend's Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix.

Rossi was the last rider introduced, after a number of other Yamaha legends that included Wayne Rainey, Kenny Roberts, Eddie Lawson, Scott Russell, Colin Edwards, James Toseland, Randy Mamola, and Kel Carruthers, among others. When Yamaha corporate communications manager Bob Starr made the announcement, the crowd of several hundred went wild.

The contract was signed today at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca by Rossi and Masao Furusawa, Executive Officer, Engineering Operations of Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd.

In a statement released by Yamaha, Rossi said, "After so many years spent in racing, fortunately with so many victories, I needed a special motivation to take the decision to sign for two more years. The best place to find this motivation is Yamaha, since I have a great relationship with Yamaha's directors, which comes from a mutual trust and loyalty. In our team there is a special atmosphere and with this new deal I can continue to work with my crew, where I am part of the project and part of the development of my M1. I had other opportunities but due to Yamaha's efforts to give me the best bike in the best environment, I have decided to stay with Yamaha for two more years. This contract means that Yamaha is the manufacturer I will have spent most of my career with. This means more than a thousand words"

Rossi joined the Yamaha squad in 2004, after winning the 2003 MotoGP World Championship for the Repsol Honda team. Rossi made his debut with the team a memorable one. He began the start of the 2004 season with a dramatic win in the final MotoGP race in Welkom, South Africa. Rossi won the title for Yamaha that year and again in 2005. In 2006, he lost the title in the final race to Repsol Honda's Nicky Hayden. Last year, he finished third, behind Ducati Marlboro's Casey Stoner and Repsol Honda's Dani Pedrosa.

Rossi currently leads the MotoGP World Championship over Pedrosa and Stoner.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: Rossi signs with Yamaha til 2010

this is great news!

I believe that rossi will go down as the best ever, and I'm glad to see him stay on two wheels for a little longer!

Jeff, you should get your dollar ready, Vale's going to win in 08 and become the only rider to win on every modern configuration of the premier class! (500, 990, 800)

Can you imagine having the to decide between a Yamaha GP bike or a Ferrari F1?
    Glad he stuck with the bikes. Cant wait for tomorrow!
    Last edited by SamuraiX; Sat Jul 19th, 2008 at 06:34 PM.

-Dedicated to all of those with BIG egos.

he is staying with the best!
    "Ride Naked!"
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 (Fazer)
    1984 Kawasaki 250 4-stroke enduro
    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L V8 (Gas Whore)

I just wonder how much they have paid him to stay?