Thread: 2009 AMA Pro Racing rules out - happy Frank?

2009 AMA Pro Racing rules out - happy Frank?

The rules are out and I think Frank will find something to smile about. They have Factory Superbike, American Superbike and Daytona Superbike, plus Red Bull Rookies cup and MOTO-ST at some venues. Basically it is 1000CC anything goes bikes in Factory (moving to WBK-like rules by 2011) with salaried factory riders only, 1000CC DMG desired, controlled tire bikes in American, and hopped up 600s in Daytona.

See, for example, http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Jul/080719a.htm
    1989 Honda Hawk,2005 crf250x supermoto

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser

Re: 2009 AMA Pro Racing rules out - happy Frank?

the 600's arent that hopped up, stock head with no mods, stock cams (WSS get more duration), stock rods, stock crank, stock forks, 17" wheels, where do you get 'hopped up' from Adam?

Basically DMG caved in to the OEM's, bad move in my book. Supersport is still supersport, Superstock is still Superstock, and the Factory boys still get their class but now with less people on the grid
    It is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    the 600's arent that hopped up, stock head with no mods, stock cams (WSS get more duration), stock rods, stock crank, stock forks, 17" wheels, where do you get 'hopped up' from Adam?
    Any 600 that is more advanced than a 96 CBR600 is hopped up to me. Maybe I let my enthusiasm get the best of me.

Personally, I like the rules. Plus, they are going to their own DMG rule set by 2011. If they tell the factories to pound sand next year it will be a very quiet year for road racing. I think the DMG guys will manage to make a good series in a few years and keep the factories participating.
    1989 Honda Hawk,2005 crf250x supermoto

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser

I'm with you, I like the DMG approach to things, I also think they are setting the Factory Teams up to fail so they can pull a 'I told you so' sort of deal when everyone gets bored watching an 8 bike race. For Factory Superbike all riders MUST be on salary with an OEM, that cuts it down a bit, and you cant use your American Superbike in the Factory Superbike class either...
    It is what it is

Yeah, well if it ends up with me being able to get a job... Then I'm happy.

The bit of the rules sounds interesting...
    Last edited by irdave; Sun Jul 20th, 2008 at 10:33 AM.
    dave.
    "Helping motorcycles live up to their potential."
    www.STMSuspension.com

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Definately better....we'll see. Like I said, I think they should adopt WSB rules in toto, except for the tire rule.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)