Thread: Track Days at IMI

Track Days at IMI

Can somebody explain how the track days at IMI work?

From what I've read, it sounds like you pay your $35, and you get to run around the track, anytime there's not an event!

I've done track days out in Seattle, through NESBA, but I want to get out on the track here too!

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Track Days at IMI

Quote Originally Posted by Vitesse304 View Post

From what I've read, it sounds like you pay your $35, and you get to run around the track, anytime there's not an event!

I've done track days out in Seattle, through NESBA, but I want to get out on the track here too!

Thanks!

Instead of wasting your time at IMI, check this out- http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=24152
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Thanks!
    All of what you posted above is true. Here is some other stuff to know.

IMI is a go kart track, 1 mile around, 10 turns, not very wide. On a 600 you'll never make it out of second gear.

What it is: A good place for your first ever trackday
    A good place to baseline bike set up
    a good place to focus on a specific skill (body postion, making the bike turn)

What it is not: A real racetrack. Safety is marginal, runnoff is bumpy and distance to hard things is sometimes pretty close
    A place to "go fast" It's simply not all that well suited to sportbikes, we make it work because it's here.

If you've ridden at Seattle with NESBA then I think you're going to find IMI disappointing. Please do consider checking out the Pueblo event this weekend. We will have a great group of instructors on hand if you need them and it will be much more like the NESBA experience you've had.

Hope this finds you well

Scott

Thanks for the info, and I was considering going to the Pueblo trackday!

I'm just waiting to hear back (I think from you RYBO), if my NESBA membership qualifies me to not have to take track class.

I was considering IMI since it's close, doesn't have as many requirements, and I can hit the track just about any day I want!

I'm just waiting to hear back (I think from you RYBO), if my NESBA membership qualifies me to not have to take track class.

I was considering IMI since it's close, doesn't have as many requirements, and I can hit the track just about any day I want!
    thats where im at. i moved from fl and did track days out there with ccs althoguh i am not a registered ccs rider. ..too exspensive. anyway i go to imi like every other week for the simple fact that its close, its cheap, and the environment is lax. ya you wont get out of second gear or above 90, but you can still drag knee in every corner, really work on your body positioning or whatever it is you want to work on. plus you can save extra money and go with either a dual compund tire or even street tires. i use dual compound pirelli corsa 3's. ive been out there 5 times, i drag knee in every corner and the tires are holding up well. man you save a lot not using races. anyway thats my two cents. if you ever want to go post up and ill try to make it out. its always more fun with other bikes

They accept my NESBA card. Maybe it must be valid or recent though?

BTW, a few of us are out at Miller Motorsports park right now with NESBA and having a great time. We plan on coming back out here with NESBA for their August event. You should try to make it. A lot of the guys here are from the Seattleis (Northwest?) NESBA region.
    2003 GSX-R750 Angry Marmot Motorsports #256
    Voted "Best Smelling Exhaust" May 2006