Thread: Which 2007 R6 exhaust ... need opinions ...

Which 2007 R6 exhaust ... need opinions ...

Alright I have a 2007 R6, and I am wanting to get a full exhaust for it, I did a cat/muffler delete y-pipe and hate it ... and the stock exhaust is ruined since you have to cut the muffler off and welding it back together seems like it would be a pain in the ass with how close the two pipes are. anyways I was looking at the "Yoshimura R-55 Full Exhaust System" and the "Akrapovic Racing Full Exhaust System" any opinions? thanks

-Jared
    '07 Yamaha R6

Re: Which 2007 R6 exhaust ... need opinions ...

I think the Akras sound nicer than the Yoshis, personally - and since you're not going to get a huge power gain out of it, you might as well get something that sounds good.

Check YouTube for videos and sound clips of the various pipes and see which you like better.

(And honestly, as a shameless plug for the CSC Trackday, your money would be better spent on improving your riding skill than on a full exhaust system. It costs less, and you'll reap higher benefits.)
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Why not Arata? A guy had one at Miller today and it was sick!
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

your money would be better spent on improving your riding skill than on a full exhaust system. It costs less, and you'll reap higher benefits
    Only if we assume Jared has the same goals as you do.
    "That which does not kill you only postpones the inevitable."

Quote Originally Posted by kidicarus13 View Post
    Only if we assume Jared has the same goals as you do.
    Making a shit ton of obnoxious noise instead of becoming a better rider?

EDIT: And let me qualify my statement before everyone crawls up my ass. Yes, everyone is certainly entitled to do whatever they want to their bike. It's theirs. However, I'm a firm believer in rider education and improving one's skills. Full exhaust systems are all near the $1,000 mark, and your average street rider will reap very minimal benefits and see no overly noticeable gains from spending that kind of money (the dollar/HP ratio is very, very small). However, you could take that same rider, spend $200 for a CSC trackday at PMI with some instruction from Mark Schellinger, and he/she will see a HUGE improvement in their street riding abilities. $1,200 worth of titanium bolted underneath the bike isn't going to make him any faster through that next twisty, nor is it going to make him feel any more confident in his ability to negotiate said turn.

I understand it's my opinion that his money would be better spent on his riding ability than to buy parts for his bike - and to each his own.
    Last edited by Aracheon; Tue Jul 22nd, 2008 at 06:37 AM.
    Chris

There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

It's all about the bling dude, i keep hearing people say 'spend the money on a riding course' or 'can you use all the power it has now?' but at the end of the day bikes are cool and we want to make them cooler.

why else would there be an aftermarket industry for things like colored bolts, brake levers, colored windshields, fancy rearsets, replica hemets etc, there isnt really a need for all that crap but it's a thriving industry for a reason

I say pimp your ride as much as you want, it doesnt matter if some clown laughs at your chickstrips and claims they can whip your ass on their $1000 ex-stunta bike that is held together with duct tape, your bike is yours and personalise it the way YOU want.

Garage queen or track beater, doesnt matter, we all own motorcycles and ride for different reasons
    It is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    It's all about the bling dude
    That's your opinion, bro and it's fine just like Chris's.
    My goal is to be the best and safest rider I can be, not the loudest most ticketed in Denver with a shit ton of crap stapled to my bike that does almost nothing to enhance performance.
    I'm not into motorcycling for the add-ons.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by siriuschris View Post
    That's your opinion, bro and it's fine just like Chris's.
    My goal is to be the best and safest rider I can be, not the loudest most ticketed in Denver with a shit ton of crap stapled to my bike that does almost nothing to enhance performance.
    I'm not into motorcycling for the add-ons.

Chris
    does that mean your bike is showroom stock?
    It is what it is

Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

It's all about the bling dude, i keep hearing people say 'spend the money on a riding course' or 'can you use all the power it has now?' but at the end of the day bikes are cool and we want to make them cooler.

why else would there be an aftermarket industry for things like colored bolts, brake levers, colored windshields, fancy rearsets, replica hemets etc, there isnt really a need for all that crap but it's a thriving industry for a reason

I say pimp your ride as much as you want, it doesnt matter if some clown laughs at your chickstrips and claims they can whip your ass on their $1000 ex-stunta bike that is held together with duct tape, your bike is yours and personalise it the way YOU want.

Garage queen or track beater, doesnt matter, we all own motorcycles and ride for different reasons

Of course it's about the bling, Clarkie. Shit, once you guys start selling spinners for sportbikes I'll be your first customer.
    Chris

my point is that what one person may consider a 'performance upgrade' another may consider 'bling' and visa versa, I say if you want something and you can justify the purchase to yourself buy it, hell why not?
    It is what it is

AKRO.............................................. ......................
    drop a gear and disappear....

Asshat Racing:Mra #228
    2002 r6 street,akrapovic slip-on,flush mounts,Ohlins steering dampener
    2000 r6 race (sold)

It's all about the bling dude
    http://www.mrbling.com/
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

my point is that what one person may consider a 'performance upgrade' another may consider 'bling' and visa versa, I say if you want something and you can justify the purchase to yourself buy it, hell why not?

And it's a point well taken - one that I can't argue.

It's just my opinion that at his riding level, the money would be better spent in another area, is all.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Aracheon View Post
    And it's a point well taken - one that I can't argue.

It's just my opinion that at his riding level, the money would be better spent in another area, is all.

I say he should do whatever makes him happy, whether its buying a full exhaust system, taking riding lessons, or getting himself a pimp grill from that Mr Bling website.
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

well honestly i would love to take the class, i thought i knew how to ride before i took the msf class and it taught me a few things when i first got the bike, im all about rider ed ... but thats not my question as of now.

i really dont wanna drop the cash on a full exhaust, but my bikes low end is horrific due to the lack of back pressure from removing the cat/muffler and to top it off with a cheap mid pipe that was not even designed with performance in mind ... i wish i would have not done it, right now i just want to get the bike to atleast the stock low end power, ppl have been telling me to gear, which is fine i might do that, the stock low end was fine for me, but right now the bike will not get out of its own way it bogs down alot and if i am going to spend the money to get it atleast back to stock power i rather get a performance exhaust vs trying to get a stock exhaust for it...
    '07 Yamaha R6

Clarkie, +1.

Jared, I would do a combo of both the gearing, and fixing your exhaust.

Then again, the R6 comes alive in the higher RPM's. Just keep it redlined in town and you'll be fine.

Yeah, save replacement tires and more efficient pilot jets, it is

ah so you got the bling bling pilot jets going on, i see how it is

seriously though, when/if you start to 'mod' your bike do what you want, dont fall into people telling you what you 'should' do, believe it or not a lot of people dont need rider training
    It is what it is

Clarkie were not all YOU
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

ah so you got the bling bling pilot jets going on, i see how it is
    LMAO Yeah, now I average like 65 MPG and the bike runs way smoother.
    And they gold to match ma teef $$

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Tipys View Post
    Clarkie were not all YOU
    i dont follow you, the typical 'racer' would say just get the best of the best and no fluff, i am saying do what you want and dont get caught up into the 'must have' crowd.

If you are talking about the rider training, i have seen some people come out more confused and worse than they went in
    It is what it is