Thread: Adding a full circumference zipper?

Adding a full circumference zipper?

Through a goof/misunderstanding, I ended up with a pair of leather pants that only have the 8" zipper across the back (my jacket has the full circumference zipper). I was planning on using these for some initial track lessons/days and rides in the canyons etc. I have a pair of overpants that I generally wear for commuting.

I know one piece is preferred, but it would still be nice to have these for those times when the two piece is acceptable and more convenient. I'm also tempted by that Spartan Leathers group buy which might make this not a big deal.

Anyway, my question is can a full circumference zipper be added to the pants, and if so, does anyone have recommendations on where to have it done. My jacket has the other side of the zipper so that's not a problem, I just need it attached to the pants.

If anyone has any input on whether or not this is a reasonable idea, where to look at having it done, or any other information, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Re: Adding a full circumference zipper?

Contact Kris Hillman @ 7203387574. She does fantastic leather work and should be able to put a full zipper in for you.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    Contact Kris Hillman @ 7203387574. She does fantastic leather work and should be able to put a full zipper in for you.
    +1

Great work and very affordable.
    Casey D

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    Anyway, my question is can a full circumference zipper be added to the pants, .
    Yup, did it to mine. They have two zippers now, full and half for either jacket.

If Kris isn't available you can get great service from Twin Peaks Leather in Old Arvada.
    303-432-1047
    5655 Olde Wadsworth Blvd.
    Arvada, Co.

I had them fix my race leathers and a pair of race gloves and they turned them around OVER NIGHT!!
    Don't forget to take the jacket too because they will need to match up the pitch of the zipper teeth to get the correct zipper for the pants!
    Doug Labout Sr.
    Semper Fi
    MRA Novice #379
    Low Vagueness racing

FYI:

Just called Kris about sewing in a 360 waist zipper. She referred me to Jerry's Leathers on S. Broadway. She said she does the full-length one piece front zippers and the leg zips. But for 360's she passes on the service to Jerry.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler