Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dropped the bike this morning

Dropped the bike this morning

Was in a parking lot going about 15-20mph when a full size, white Chevy Blazer came around the corner in my half of the lane. Had to lock up the brakes and put the bike down so the chick wouldn't hit me. She saw me go down, slowed down a little, and then took off without seeing if I was ok.

Called the cops and they said there was nothing they could do since it was on private property, no clearly marked "lanes", and she didn't actually hit me. My frame slider has some rash, as does the mirror, front brake, headlight, and my helmet (wear your gear!). Twisted my ankle a little bit, but other than that, I'm fine. Rode it into work today.

If you see a white Blazer with Colorado license plate number 159RSR, flip her off for me.

AKA "Devaclis"

Re: Dropped the bike this morning

What area of Denver. I have a bit if an issue with people who leave the scene like that.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Sorry to hear that...

That is sort of BS though cause I remember once the owners of Coyote said my friends could use their private parking lot to stunt in. Derek ended up getting his bike towed from "private property" cause he was breaking the law.

Strange how the laws change so suddenly sometimes!
    Silly Boys Gixxers Are For Girls!!!

To the friends that I have lost Bryan, Kris, Thor, Matt, Nick, and Gene you will never be forgotten! I love you!

myspace.com/gsxr_lover_t

AKA "Devaclis"

Lone Tree refused to send an officer out after I gor rear ended and the lady ran because "Nobody got hurt"

Hit and run is only illegal if someone is injured? At that time I wished I could stab her in the face over the phone.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    What area of Denver. I have a bit if an issue with people who leave the scene like that.
    Parker Road and Florida. In the Albertsons parking lot.

I'm glad you made it out mostly unharmed. I feel for you brother!
    When I laid my bike down a few weeks ago they said it wasn't a hit and run because I didn't make contact with the other vehicle (trust me, I was injured). Not only did the people I almost hit didn't stop but the 25+ other people who saw it didn't stop either.
    I'm sure if I was a dog laying in the street All but 3 people would have stopped but since I was only a fellow human I might as well been a piece of trash.
    I'm glad I had my own cell phone so I could call the cops to report it because No one in Highlands Ranch was going to do it for me.

I'm really starting to hate people.
    Frosty Smith
    2007 Z1000
    PowerStands Bar-end Mirrors, R&G Crash Protectors, Veilig Motorrijden Dual Headlight mod, Puig windscreen, LP Racing flush mount smoked turn signals, Fender Eliminator Kit by Targa

yah definately glad your ok, i had an incident exactly like yours and ended up breakin my wrist... sorry to hear about your bike and hope your ankle heals quickly. ill keep my eyes open her!

Sorry pal! That really sucks, but at least you didn't let that slow you down! I think if I dropped my bike, I wouldn't be in the mood to ride it to work that very same day! Your a trooper!

Bummer, but it happens to us all. It's an SV, those things are built like tanks...is the ground okay?

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Bummer, but it happens to us all. It's an SV, those things are built like tanks...is the ground okay?

The ground had serious injuries. Black scrapes from helmet, black scrapes from motoslider (frame slider), and some good sized scratches. Apparently I left a piece of glove laying there too. I saw a piece of foam and wondered what it was. Got to work and saw the big tear in the palm of my glove. Only went through the outer layer (and foam). They were due for replacement anyway.

Nothing like the parking lot tango. Glad you and the bike got off with just a few scrapes.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Account Deactivated at users request DARK ANGEL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SVCliff View Post
    Called the cops and they said there was nothing they could do since it was on private property, no clearly marked "lanes"

So if they that it is a private parking lot, and they cant do anything due to it being a private parking lot, i think that is a good place to stunt if on were so inclined seeing that the cops cant do anything because its a prive parking lot...

selective enforcement to avoid paperwork, ist the law wonderful... no revenue no assistance..

you all know what i will say bout that....

Parker Road and Florida. In the Albertsons parking lot.
    I'm a store manager at that albertsons, when did this happen? And where? I have a closed circuit camera system i can look up. The arapahoe county sheriff wont do much on our lot, but i'm pretty good friends with them because i tend to call them alot for shoplifters. I'm going to assume this happend on the north side of our building by the tanning shop? People fly through that area alot.

Quote Originally Posted by highpsi03 View Post
    I'm a store manager at that albertsons, when did this happen? And where? I have a closed circuit camera system i can look up. The arapahoe county sheriff wont do much on our lot, but i'm pretty good friends with them because i tend to call them alot for shoplifters. I'm going to assume this happend on the north side of our building by the tanning shop? People fly through that area alot.

Good looking out, Highpsi!
    "I am training for the Wackatholon..."

Quote Originally Posted by DARK ANGEL View Post
    So if they that it is a private parking lot, and they cant do anything due to it being a private parking lot, i think that is a good place to stunt if on were so inclined seeing that the cops cant do anything because its a prive parking lot...

selective enforcement to avoid paperwork, ist the law wonderful... no revenue no assistance..

you all know what i will say bout that....
    You need to understand the law better.

There are only 6 driving related charges that can be enforced on private property. (DUI,DUI Per say, DWAI, Careless, Reckless, unsafe backing).

"Careless" would be the only thing even close in this case and there is NO way to prove it without the vehicles making contact. No way to prove that the SUV didn't just startle the biker and his lack of skill forced him to crash, not actually the SUV.

You can go stunt there if you like, but I'm sure the "reckless" would be easy to prove.
    Cole
    07 R1 .....now KTM 950 ADV!!!
    07 WeeeeeeStrom!
    2x KLR650s
    www.MotumMagazine.com

Quote Originally Posted by highpsi03 View Post
    Happened around 7am. There was a small bread truck unloading at the time. I'd love to see it on camera if you have it. Yep, it was right by the loading dock, by that huge pine tree.

Do you ride the red bike that is parked out front sometimes?
    Last edited by SVCliff; Sun Aug 10th, 2008 at 12:08 AM.

Happened around 7am. There was a small bread truck unloading at the time. I'd love to see it on camera if you have it. Yep, it was right by the loading dock, by that huge pine tree.

Do you ride the red bike that is parked out front sometimes?
    If the bike is parked right by the doors, yes that is mine.. I have no camera's out by that side of the store, i'm sorry.. If she was in the lot i can see her on camera from my other camera's. Sucks the cops didn't do anything.. Hmm i might have seen her shoplifting from my store the other night, and then she refused to stop, ya, now that i think about it, i think she did. Maybe a couple hundred in restitution fees will fix her up. lol.

id like to kick her in her teeth the driver of that vehicle... acknowledging you by looking then driving off....

I hope someone does the same thing to her.
    So many mods, So little money.

That sucks glad you're ok.. Too bad it's not on video though dunno how much more it'd help but at least we could watch it if you uploaded it haha.

Yea she sounds like a shoplifter fleeing the scene and driving recklessly in the parking lot nearly hitting a motorcyclist!

2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (stolen)

Board Newbie

that sucks

waht she said down there \|/
    Last edited by MetaLord 9; Tue Oct 28th, 2008 at 12:43 PM.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

old thread resurrection....
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Glad you had your gear on! Hopefully you can find this person.
    If you need some witnesses I'll sign up
    "Accelerate until you see God, then BRAKE!" -Kevin Schwantz
    One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor! George Carlin

Morphine its not all it should be.-Humbucker

08 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Black
    06 KTM 625 SMC
    03 Suzuki SV1000S (Sold)