Thread: Can anybody help out a mech noob in Fort Collins?

Board Newbie

Can anybody help out a mech noob in Fort Collins?

Disclaimer: I have no clue if I'm using the right terms here. See pics at http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...opic.php?t=926

Posted last tuesday, someone tried to pop the wheel lock on my bike with a screwdriver. It looks like part of the sliding cover got knocked loose into the core. So short of turning the bike upside down and shaking it, I want to remove that and see if I can knock out what may be blocking it.

However, I'm still new to working on my bike and I dont have the know-how or all tools required to get the work done. I can sport out for tools needed, but is there somebody in the Fort Collins area that can show me how it's done? If anybody is available give me a call on my cell 720-841-9624 or reply here.

-Ryan[/url]

Well I don't know if you can just buy a new lock core. I've only replaced them as an entire ignition switch assembly. On my old '86 Ninja it was about $60 3 years ago. It's a dealer only item so no aftermarket options. You may be able to get a better deal online at http://www.ronayers.com/ who sells dealer items at a reduced price.

Can someone move this over to Bike Tech? You might get more responses that way.

Tom

Moved to Bike Tech.

Board Newbie
    I ended up taking the wuss way out and calling a dealer to have the work done.

As stated before, I dont have the tools or know-how so I better let someone better then myself take care of it. At least I thought that until the guy picking up my bike almost dumped it on the trailor

i told you i had a used lock core you could buy.
    If guns kill people then i can blame my pencil for mis-spelled words!!!! (Larry the cable guy)