Thread: Workers needed for Chicane Trackday Extravaganza Aug 30-Sept 1!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Workers needed for Chicane Trackday Extravaganza Aug 30-Sept 1!

We need you! We need people to come work the trackday next weekend, which runs from Aug 30th (Saturday) through Sept 1st (Monday, Labor Day). Tasks will basically be corner flagging, and if we need the help, picking up crashed bikes after the rest are off the track.

You can work any or all three of the days, but you do need to be there the whole time (no coming and going from your corner, working a couple hours, etc) to get paid.

Wait you say, we get paid for this? Damn skippy! You'll get $100/day plus lunch for your efforts! Whatever hotel arrangements you make are up to you, but if you room with others when staying multiple days you can definitely get your expenses down considerably (or camp at the track, there are showers and it's nice and quiet at night).

Interested? Reply here or PM me with what day(s) you are committing to working. I'm sure some carpooling will make itself available as well, either with other workers, or riders who don't mind bringing a fine upstanding member of the safety crew down to help out.

One more thing - previous experience is not required! I'll give you all the details in the morning meetings.

Here are the requirements you will need to adhere to:
    1. Be there at 7:30 AM. That means earlier, especially if you are habitually late.
    2. Long pants and closed-toed shoes are REQUIRED, not just a good idea.
    3. Absolutely no exposed clothing that is red or yellow in color. White works best just because it keeps you cool, and doesn't resemble a flag.
    4. We'll do water runs and a lunch break each day, but you are welcome to bring a cooler with non-alcoholic beverages and snacks, or whatever.
    5. Bring a rain poncho, just in case. We hope to have enough canopies for everyone and don't run Pueblo in the rain, but it may take a little while to pick everyone up.

Thanks, and let me know if you can come down and help us out!
    Last edited by rforsythe; Fri Aug 29th, 2008 at 09:35 PM.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...