Not trying to rant here, just trying to open a serious dialogue. Mainly, just curious as to what may be going on over at Erico. I heard lately that Dominic is gone... kaput... cya. Don't know if he quit, or what, but I just know that he's no longer employed by Erico. This follows a summer of interesting/troublesome service stories including myself, and 2 coworkers.

For me, my problem is relatively minor, I just didn't appreciate how the service rep. handled it. I have repeated vibration/shaking in the front end of my 2008 Triumph Daytona during moderate-to-hard braking. The bike has less than 1,000 miles on it. When I explained it to the Erico service rep., he told me, "well, it's $90 an hour to look at it if we don't find a warranty problem. And quite frankly, a shaking front end doesn't sound like a warranty issue to me. Do you still want to schedule an appointment?" Knock 1-point off those guys for bad attitude. I had to cancel my check-up, but I will follow-up with a report once I get the bike in to their shop. Moving on...

My male coworker had a problem with his Ducati Monster's valves. I understand that it was a rather serious problem, and that the bike had to be sent to FoCo or Greeley or something for basically an entire engine tear-down. After having the bike for 5 weeks, Erico went 2 weeks past the promised return date. As has become typical with them, he had to call daily for updates, because the familiar Erico promise of, "we'll call you tomorrow with an update" always went unfulfilled. The cost of the work WAS covered by the Ducati warranty, however, it was a frustrating period trying to get any update at all from the service dept. Yet another bad customer service story.

My other coworker has a new Piaggio scooter. This is by far the worst of the stories. Ever since she purchased the scoot in June of this year, she has had repeated problems with the "check engine" light coming on. No joke, it started the day she drove the scooter off the lot. She called to explain the problem, so Erico was aware of it early on. During the bike's 600 mile service, Erico promise to replace a relay that was the possible culprit. When dropping off the bike she was told Erico had none of those parts available. To make the 600 mile service experience worse, she found that the oil was drained, but NOT REPLACED during the service. She rode back to Littleton with only a few drops of oil in the engine!! Moving into late August the "check engine" light continually pops on, and Erico has yet to solve the problem (they did finally replace the relay to no avail). This is all after repeated visits, phone calls, etc. between herself and Erico. Erico now points to a lack of response from "Piaggio". This is a problem moving beyond 60-days... I smell lawyer involvement on that one.

These stories occur during a time when I hear of other people having problems with pushed out service appointments, late bike returns, generally flustered/confused/stressed out service center employees, un-returned calls/promised callbacks, etc.

So I ask... what's up with Erico? Did they bite off more than they could chew? I truly hope they get their proverbial poop together soon, as their once reputable Service Dept. appears to be headed down the wrong road.