Thread: Erico Service Dept. - What's the Problem?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Erico Service Dept. - What's the Problem?

Thanks for posting Chad, I never thought that would of happened when I emailed Erico the link to this. I always like to point out to shops what I see...I advise others to do this too. As a Business how can they make improvements if no one tells them there is a problem. Yeah, you might tell the service manager, but why not write a letter to the owner, or email them like I did. It took me all of 2 seconds, and emails go to someone else, usually someone that will pass it along to a higher up.

My brother in-law had problems too at Erico when he brought in his Triumph Speed Triple. Service manager messed up the date, and when we showed up he told us we were suppose to be there the other day. Two people do not screw up the dates, and then his lack to even try and get it in was a concern. Brother in-law missed time from work, and we came up from Springs, not like we are local. In the end the brother in-law did his own servicing, and valve adjusment and even bought a Tune Boy to fix the ECU that Erico seemed to have problems with the previous two times we came up, claimed it was some part and could cost $$$$$$ to fix....10 minutes with the Tune Boy and it fixed the stalling issue *shrug*

Chad, I hope you guys do fix the problems there...as we loved the layout of the place and the no hassle of the sales guys and the food on Saturdays.

Chad if you want to read my full review on Erico I have it here:
    http://www.cowrw.com/dealerreviews.html
    Last edited by modette99; Fri Aug 29th, 2008 at 10:53 AM.

Exclamation Re: Erico Service Dept. - What's the Problem?

modette99,

Your review seems to be fairly accurate considering that you are using predominantly negative posts from the board. Have you looked at our Testimonial page? I think you will all agree that we would not spend the time to make up these posts. Your review of any shop should include the good stories as well as the bad to remain truly unbiased.

We acknowledge or problem areas and are addressing them as I write this post.

In regards to the post below: What codfish124 did not mention is the fact that we sold him the bike in question at an appreciable discount from our asking price. This bike was a good runner considering that we had it priced at the condition it was in. We did not have the opportunity to run it through our service shop as I believe it had just been traded earlier in the week. The premise of the discount was that the bike was to be sold”AS IS". We always list this on a "WE OWE / YOU OWE" form at the time of contracting. Our fees include a 30 day warranty against the drive train on used vehicles unless we negotiate out this warranty in exchange for a reduced price. I immediately agreed that the bike was not running right when he brought it back and that we would fix the carbs. When I spoke to codfish124, he said that he would rather we fix the chain than the carbs. We did what our client requested.

Keep in mind that there are ALWAYS two sides to every story...

codfish124: "the only good person was Ron the finance guy the GM i talked to was the guy that finally said well fix the chain but were not going to fix the carbs its one or the other. i was also complaining about the clutch needing to be bled when i got the bike back after they replaced the chain the tech told me that they shouldn't charge me for the chain because they missed it when they went through it. when i went to fill the bike up next time i saw clutch fluid on the faring and the cap wasn't tiend also the little thing that held the cap on was gone."