Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chilly

Re: Chilly

Even more, watch out for those painted lines and crosswalks. I make a habit of riding between the crosswalk lines. I also always try to avoid manhole covers and other indents. In part because they're just big bumps while riding but also because they pick up debris so I suspect you're more likely to get a flat by riding over them.

And of course, folks aren't expecting you out there and the sun is rising later, so be extra careful as weather gets colder.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

Just took a quick ride up to Nederland and the leaves are beginning to change...it was beautiful! Gotta enjoy em while they're there...
    -Angela

Drive fast, take chances

"Holy shit, are you all girls?!?" -guy lost in the desert when Shelley, Becky,
    my sister, and I took our helmets off to give him directions

If you have heated grips, try to avoid gloves that have Thinsulate in the palms. It actually reflects the heat away from you hands. I believe there are a few brands of gloves that do not have it in the palm. Another shameless plug for the PCI Deer Sports and Deer Tours at Lee Parks Design. Either way, have a toasty and safe fall riding season.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

When I'm using the heated grips, it's mostly with the deer skin gloves so no thinsulate involved. Occasionally when it's _really_ cold, I'll have the Gerbing's and the heated grips on.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!