Thread: Hayden on...

a specific position or point in physical space

Hayden on...

...departure from Honda and Pedrosa Bridgestone move.

Thursday, 11 September 2008
    Repsol Honda rider Nicky Hayden had plenty to say on Thursday ahead of his home race at the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix.

Having done so much work to promote the inaugural Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix this year, with two demonstration rides at the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway undertaken in April and May, Nicky Hayden is determined to enjoy the experience this weekend despite his injury problems.

Hayden has not ridden since Laguna Seca in July due to a heel injury and still need crutches to walk, but he is excited about racing in Indiana, so close to his hometown of Owensboro, in the neighbouring state of Kentucky.

On the build-up to the historic MotoGP Indy date Hayden commented, `It just doesn´t seem real. Yesterday driving up here from home I was half way here by the time I would normally just be getting to the airport to fly off somewhere else. I have never really road-raced so close to home in my life. It is an awesome opportunity for me and for MotoGP.´

Confirming that he would be leaving Honda at the end of the current campaign, Hayden noted that he had achieved a great deal with his current team and stopped short of naming who he will be riding for in 2009, despite huge press speculation linking him with Ducati.

`I know it´s going to be a big change for me, and hopefully the announcement will be coming soon,´ he commented. `But still, there´s five races to go this season. That´s a lot of racing. I have had a long history with Honda. We´ve had a lot of good races together, won championships in the AMA, and obviously the World Championship was the big one. But I think it´s time to move on, try something different.´

Meanwhile, when asked for his thoughts on his team-mate Dani Pedrosa´s sensational mid-season switch from Michelin to Bridgestone tyres Hayden revealed, `It is quite a touchy subject. I was shocked when I found out. I wasn´t asked and I kind of heard on the street. In Misano they told me before the race and I couldn´t believe it like everyone else.´

`I doesn´t really change a whole lot for me,´ added the 2006 World Champion. `I mean it is one less rider on Michelins which I think hurts. It is getting close to being a `spec´ tyre now as there are only five or six of us left that are not on Bridgestone.´

`Obviously there will now be a wall down the middle of the pit-box, but to be honest there was already a bit of a wall there. So it doesn´t change a whole lot. I guess it is a bit of a drama and in MotoGP there is never a dull day!´

Hayden was also asked if there was any truth to a rumour that he could split with Honda before the end of the current campaign, but denied the suggestion and responded, `I do not have any intention not to do the rest of the season with Honda. That seems crazy. That was what some people thought after Misano but I owe it to Honda to go out and race. I think they know that, or at least the guys in my team do. I am not going to lay down until the very end at Valencia. Unless they lock the door over there on me I am going over there and getting on the bike!´

`It could happen,´ quipped Hayden light-heartedly. `There are probably people in that box that if I didn´t show up would probably never notice! But no, I plan on going to race.´
    9/7 MotoGP Fan
    "Four wheels move the body...Two wheels move the soul"

http://www.lubedealer.com/otg_oil_lube

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Re: Hayden on...

[quote=Drift;355386Hayden was also asked if there was any truth to a rumour that he could split with Honda before the end of the current campaign, but denied the suggestion and responded, `I do not have any intention not to do the rest of the season with Honda. That seems crazy. That was what some people thought after Misano but I owe it to Honda to go out and race. I think they know that, or at least the guys in my team do. I am not going to lay down until the very end at Valencia. Unless they lock the door over there on me I am going over there and getting on the bike!´

[B]`It could happen,´ quipped Hayden light-heartedly. `There are probably people in that box that if I didn´t show up would probably never notice! But no, I plan on going to race.´[/[/B]quote]
    ....very interesting.....
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

a specific position or point in physical space

Hayden joins Ducati for 2009

Monday, 15 September 2008

Nicky Hayden has been confirmed as Ducati factory rider for next season, in a deal announced on Monday.

2006 MotoGP World Champion Nicky Hayden has been officially announced as a Ducati rider for next season, joining current titlist Casey Stoner in the Italian manufacturer´s star-studded factory team lineup.

The announcement follows Hayden´s first podium of 2008, taken at last Sunday´s Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix.

`We are really happy to have Nicky join us,´ declared Claudio Domenicali, Ducati Corse CEO and Ducati Motor Holding Product Director. `We are certain that his never-say-die attitude, riding style and character will be great additions to our team in 2009.´

The `Kentucky Kid´ will have his first chance to ride the Desmosedici GP9 after the final race of the season at Valencia, the scene of his 2006 title triumph. He has received special clearance from HRC to make the seamless switch. Domenicali thanked the Honda and outgoing Ducati rider Marco Melandri in the short statement.

`I would like to thank HRC for allowing Nicky to start testing our bike immediately after the Valencia Grand Prix. I would also like to thank Marco Melandri for his professionalism during a difficult year, which was below all our expectations. Unfortunately his feeling with the Desmosedici was never good enough to allow him to ride as well as he can. We wish him all the best for the future.´

Hayden joins the squad after a long association with Honda, for whom he picked up titles in AMA Superbike and 990cc MotoGP competition. The Japanese factory issued a press release confirming Hayden´s departure, in which both parties expressed their gratitude for their time together. Like Ducati´s acknowledgement of Melandri´s tough time with their 800cc bike, Honda also made mention of Hayden´s own difficulties with the RC212V.

`We wish to thank Nicky for all he has achieved for Honda both as a rider and a man. Nicky and Honda have shared much success and a few disappointing days but in each case Nicky has always behaved cheerfully and has led the team in a positive way. His warm-hearted character has been much loved by all who have worked with him,´ stated HRC president Masumi Hamane.

'Nicky raced the 990cc RC211V with great success but since the technical regulations reduced MotoGP engine capacity to 800cc, both Nicky and HRC have tried our best but we have been unable to find the best balance between rider and machine necessary for Nicky to show his full potential, so we have decided to part company at the end of the season.'

`We want to thank Nicky who always tried positively under tough conditions. We respect him for his brave challenging spirit. We wish Nicky good luck for the future with his new challenge. Nicky is a good guy loved by all, but also he is a tough competitor and I am sure he will be tough to beat next season.´

Hayden himself singled out Honda for praise, although he would not talk about the 2009 season just yet with four more races to go in the current campaign.

`(My time with Honda) It´s something I´ve enjoyed a lot. I want to thank everybody there, all the guys from tyre technicians to crew chiefs and all the way up. Sure, it hasn´t just been one big holiday, along the way there´s been some tough days but a lot of good days too,´ said the American.

`I´d just like to thank everyone, and the best way to thank them is to put up some results these last few races. That´s the plan.´
    9/7 MotoGP Fan
    "Four wheels move the body...Two wheels move the soul"

http://www.lubedealer.com/otg_oil_lube

Nicky's mom was boothed just a few doors down from us (the Heydens have a little MC biz going) she was pretty excited to say for sure. Nice family.

My guess is that Yamaha saw Rossi in the lead and cut the wires on their tent to shut down the race and secure the win, ha.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler