Thread: Donations for a fallen soldier - PGR

Donations for a fallen soldier - PGR

First, I apologize if this is not the right place for this post. I've been a lurker here for a long time and have even ridden with some of you, but this will be my first post.

My neighbor and I have teamed up for the following cause. The bike is in our possession, and we are currently putting together a list of parts the bike will need. Any donations that can be made (either parts or cash) would be greatly appreciated.

The bike is a 2003 ZX6R (636), currently painted black. We haven't decided yet on what color or theme the bike will have, but right now we know it needs a complete set of fairings and all the fasteners, right passenger peg, and front left foot peg, among other misc. pieces and parts. The bike was previously used as a track bike (only 3000 miles), and has no major damage. The fairings on the bike are carbon race fairings in pretty ugly shape. We'd like to make this bike something special.

THE LAWRENCE DAVID EZELL MEMORIAL BIKE

On April 30, 2008, the wife and family of SFC Lawrence David Ezell of Fort Carson were notified that this Colorado hero had been killed in action in Baghdad, Iraq. SFC Ezell made this ultimate sacrifice that his brothers and sisters in arms and we here, might continue on in safety and return to peace.

Given participation by Patriot Guard Riders at services for SFC Ezell at Arlington National Cemetery; wife Christy contacted the PGR. We were advised that her husband would have insisted his motorcycle be donated to the Patriot Guard, backing its mission of support to our servicemen and women here and overseas.

After initially declining the offer as a generosity too great in its nature, we had the honor of meeting Dave and Christy’s 2 year old son, Tristan and our mission changed. It is now our passion to return SFC Ezell’s beloved ZX-6 Kawasaki to like new condition, adding special paint and detail to commemorate his life and dedication to our country. Once complete, this motorcycle will be sold and every penny received, plus any additional donations remaining will be invested in an education fund turned back to his son, Tristan.

Please send monetary donations to:
    Ezell Memorial Bike Project
    PO Box 36129
    Denver, CO 80236

If anyone has any spare 03/04 ZX6R/RR parts laying around they'd like to donate, please contact me via PM, and I'll provide a shipping address.

Thanks to all!

Lawrence David Ezell Memorial Bike Project

Re: Donations for a fallen soldier - PGR

Good luck with the project, I will be making a small donation......

Thank you! We appreciate any and all donations no matter how big or small.
    I hope to have a Photoshopped mockup soon, and will also post pics of what we're working with soon. And of course, I'll post pics of the finished product when we're done.

Well, I didn't get pics of the original raw product we're working with, but here are some pics of where things stand today, which is still a ways from being done as you can tell. I also have not had a chance to pimp the Photoshop mockup work.

Future stable mates?

Cool seat covers - never seen these before

Today I'm looking for gold sprockets/chain, and a gold mirrored windscreen. Would also like to find gold levers at some point.

Next week the bike will go off to get painted pearl white, and have some sort of lights installed.

Was thinking about whether or not grips would be necessary, and if so what colors? Keep in mind, the goal is to make it as nice as possible aesthetically, not so much for function.

What do you guys think of gold colored rearsets?

Update:

A HUGE thanks to the anonymous donor of $5,000 to the fund. We have no idea if they came through here, one of the other forums I posted this to or the PGR itself, but I just wanted to say thank you - whoever you are!

We made the news! Thanks to all that have donated and contributed to this project!

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13137383

So I'm confused, is the bike being sold for a college fund, or is it being given to Tristan when he is 23?

Edit: Nevermind, probably should have read the entire article.
    -Greg
    2013 BMW R1200GS

Originally the idea was that the bike would be restored and then auctioned or raffled off. But I guess there's a lot of red tape involved, so they decided to go another route instead.