Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday 10/1/08 Ride

Wednesday 10/1/08 Ride

I would like to put together a ride for some time on wednesday for the rookie riders. As always everyone is invited to come along but I want this to be a slow pace ride so no one is struggling to get caught up. If you are somone that rides a smaller bike (i.e. 500cc or less) and have a hard time keeping up with people on more powerfull bike or if you just ride a smaller bike this is the ride for you. I hope there will be nice weather and a nice turn out. Again all are welcome to this ride. I would also like to invite the non-members that read this fourm to join in on this. I am trying to thow as many rides together as possible before the cold hits and we have to put the bikes away for the season.

Meeting location: U Pump It (prospect and overland trail)
    Time:Any Time Im thinking between 4pm and 6pm post up what time would work best for you.

If you have anyquestions feel free to PM me

Re: Wednesday 10/1/08 Ride

I might be in.
    -Greg
    2013 BMW R1200GS

Might be able to, depends on the amount of work I have

Cool I hope both of you can make it. It was a blast last time I got to ride with both of you. Hope to see both of you there.

Going to try and make it.

Awsome Nimijneb!!!

I'm going to try to make this one as well. What are the thoughts on time? I'm lucky enough to work from home so pretty much anytime after 3:00 is fine with me. Earlier the better for more daylight

i vote earlier then normal time for light and warmth. ill try and bring a girlie to slow me down.

So far only mistykz and I are the only 2 on small bikes if mistykz cant make it you can count me out as well. Im not going to struggle to keep up with everyone again its getting very frustrating that the last 2 rides I have been on I have ridden by myself the entire ride. The intent of this ride was to gather the rookie rookies on the smaller bikes but it does not look like thats going to happen.
    2007 SUZUKI GS500F-Black/Silver

I'd be happy to lead a speed-limit paced ride, with restrained acceleration from stops.

I'm on a 600 but ride it more like a 250 and RARELY go over the speed limit in the twisties so I don't think you have to worry about keeping up or anything at least with me. I know some like to push the limits for the adrenaline rush and to have fun but I would rather just take it easy and enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKMAN View Post
    So far only mistykz and I are the only 2 on small bikes if mistykz cant make it you can count me out as well. Im not going to struggle to keep up with everyone again its getting very frustrating that the last 2 rides I have been on I have ridden by myself the entire ride. The intent of this ride was to gather the rookie rookies on the smaller bikes but it does not look like thats going to happen.
    I haven't been up in any sort of twisties in 3 weeks, and I wasn't very good to begin with, so I'll probably be sticking with you. In fact, I think the first Wednesday ride I was either right in front or behind you or mistykz the entire time.
    -Greg
    2013 BMW R1200GS

Hey guys and gals, I'm not a newbie but would be happy to go with at whatever pace y'all want. Problem is I can't go Wednesdays due to family activities. Anyone want to try Thursday afternoon?
    Eric
    CSBA#477
    00 Triumph Sprint RS
    www.cocsba.com

i vote meet at 4:30 leave AT 5:00

Quote Originally Posted by sag View Post
    i vote meet at 4:30 leave AT 5:00
    Works for me.

Doesn't look like I'll be making it unless I pull off some sort of miracle with my oil filter tonight.
    -Greg
    2013 BMW R1200GS

Keeper of The Great White Buffalo

yo GlockMan I ride a GSXR 1000 and incase you forgot the last time we rode, it was you and me bringing up the rear. Canyon carving with a group should allow for faster riders to take turns bringing up the rear. This ensures when newer riders fly off a cliff sombody is there to cliam the body. Riders of various levels should be able to hang out and BS between runs. Don't get frustrated, have fun riding with guys you can learn from. Sag is a new rider and he has a good skill set and is quicker n shit on that SV 1000. I rode behind you for an hour and could give you some good tips to pick up your pace a bit. Remember have good communication with your group and you should not have to bring up the rear all the time. PEACE

id be in, but i work at 5 tomorrow.

in your first post you talked about how smaller bikes can't keep up with bigger bikes. thats true for straight line speed, but canyons lets the riders abilities shine though. size doesn't matter nearly as much as how your bike is set up and how you ride it.
    ^Ted^

Quote Originally Posted by Sal View Post
    yo GlockMan I ride a GSXR 1000 and incase you forgot the last time we rode, it was you and me bringing up the rear. Canyon carving with a group should allow for faster riders to take turns bringing up the rear. This ensures when newer riders fly off a cliff sombody is there to cliam the body. Riders of various levels should be able to hang out and BS between runs. Don't get frustrated, have fun riding with guys you can learn from. Sag is a new rider and he has a good skill set and is quicker n shit on that SV 1000. I rode behind you for an hour and could give you some good tips to pick up your pace a bit. Remember have good communication with your group and you should not have to bring up the rear all the time. PEACE
    100% true. Plus sometimes it is just a matter of someone knowing the road better. Riding with others is a great way to improve your skill and learn some roads. It was good doing lefthand with sal and daemon because I had never been there before so they let us know what to look out for. Riding should be fun, not frustrating. Thats why everyone should ride at their pace, so they can have a good time.

i get off at 5. i could be at u pump by 5:15, if you guys are willing to wait up. im in need of an easy ride. save all the fast crap for the track.

i dont mind waiting an extra 15 min if no one else does.

All depenting on how soon I can get all these bills payed I might be able to make it. I just got off work and have to pick up the paycheck at noon then run around and pay bills if im not dead arse tired by the time the ride comes around then I'll be there. I'll also be on the ride tomorrow as well. I hope there is a good turn out for this one. Are you going to ride SAL?
    2007 SUZUKI GS500F-Black/Silver

5:15 is fine with me. Im 99.9% there today.

5:15 is also good for me

See you there