View Poll Results: Did Spies turn Matt in?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, obviously for his own benifit

5 33.33%
  • NO! Ben wouldn't pull a move like that

10 66.67%

Thread: Did Spies do it?

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Did Spies do it?

I saw this on another forum and after reading it started to make a lot of sense.

So here's the question....Did Spies turn in Matt for an illegal crank at VIR?

Here are some reasons Ben might have did it.
    1. He's never liked Matt and new he wouldn't be here next year so it was a "parting" shot to tarnish Matt's career a little.
    2. He turned him in to clinch the championship, even if Spies also had an illegal crank the points margin with 2 races left (at tracks that Matt is stronger) would have been enough to give Ben some breathing room by throwing out the VIR results.
    3. He hates Suzuki, his GP deal was done and he wanted a little revenge before moving on with his career.
    4. <Insert Suzuki Hatred Here>
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Re: Did Spies do it?

Mary Spies did it!
    CEO, Angry Marmot Motorsports
    07 Passion Red Kawi 650R

My question is:

Is this something that would be detected during a post race inspection anyway, regardless of all the team drama?

Announcer On Radio: Eyewitnesses say that the bees are yellow and black, and dress much the way Eli Wallach did in the movie "The Magnificant Seven". The bees are also overweight..
    Chevy Chase: Wait a minute.. you must be..
    Elliot Gould: That's right, gringo.. the Killer Bees.

Please ban this guy. If i played world of warcraft I wouldn't be out riding my bike now would I?

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Interesting quote from RoadRacing world today from Spies engine builder:

“The engines were built exactly as management wanted them, and everyone on the team knew what was in them,” Houseworth said in a telephone interview today.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    Interesting quote from RoadRacing world today from Spies engine builder:

“The engines were built exactly as management wanted them, and everyone on the team knew what was in them,” Houseworth said in a telephone interview today.
    I know that the teams have to provide examples of the cranks they are using before they go racing but does every single team receive this level of inspection at the end of every race, or is it more of a random spot check before the season is over?

I never see anybody but the podium finishers getting inspected and I never really believed they were getting a complete tear down.

So what I'm getting at is:

If everybody knows it's coming, and then they do it anyway even though they know there will be consequences, then they pretty much deserve to get whatever punishment the AMA said they were going to dish out in the first place.

Considering that getting busted for polishing your crank in public could call into doubt a lifetime's worth of achievment, it was a stupid move anyway you look at it.

Who among us will believe that they only did this on one side of the garage and not the other?

Announcer On Radio: Eyewitnesses say that the bees are yellow and black, and dress much the way Eli Wallach did in the movie "The Magnificant Seven". The bees are also overweight..

I thought the bikes that placed top 3 got torn down and inspected anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by racedk6 View Post
    I thought the bikes that placed top 3 got torn down and inspected anyways.
    Thank you.

So, If Mladdins people know it's coming, what makes them think they can get away with it? Unless for some reason, they got away with it in the past. Which to me, doesn't seem too likely.

I am still sitting on the fence as to whether or not Mladdin is guilty because only an idiot would try to cheat on a tear down of their bike unless they thought they could pay people to look the other way and, I don't believe that to be the case.

For Spies to narc on his team mate would only draw undue attention to his bike as well.

Maybe there is just some sort of Good Ol' Boy aspect to doing things in the AMA at that level that I don't know about.

For what it's worth to anybody:

...a blurb from SuperbikePlanet...

"Mladin said that no matter what other members of his team have said, that all three of the Suzukis were the same in terms of equipment that day at Virginia.

Asked whether he thinks he will be racing in America next year, Mladin said he had no idea. Asked if he hopes to be riding next year in America, Mladin said that he does.

Mladin's teammate, Ben Spies, agreed, infering that the disqualification of his teammate wasn't just."

there is a lot that goes on in the AMA paddock you guys dont know about, but yes Spies crank and VIR was the same as Tommy's and Mladins, yes they are supposed to tear down the top three to the same point, yes Mladin's crank was inspected earlier in the year and passed, and yes another rider (in another class) was torn down and told if he doesnt shut his mouth aout the DMG/AMA/staff etc he will get torn down every weekend and they will 'find' something to dq him with
    It is what it is

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    there is a lot that goes on in the AMA paddock you guys dont know about, but yes Spies crank and VIR was the same as Tommy's and Mladins, yes they are supposed to tear down the top three to the same point, yes Mladin's crank was inspected earlier in the year and passed, and yes another rider (in another class) was torn down and told if he doesnt shut his mouth aout the DMG/AMA/staff etc he will get torn down every weekend and they will 'find' something to dq him with
    Why does this not surprise me? NASCRAP has a policy of heavy-handed disciplinary actions for "verbal infractions" against the kings, er, ruling body of NASCRAP. Next year the AMA is going to suck, good thing there's WSB....... On the positive side, think how much more free time for riding I'll have now that I won't be watching any of the AMA races!
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)