pic
    2002 cbr 954RR
    2006 Heritage Softail Classic
    2001 yzf 250
    1996 Smokin Joes cbr 600 (sold) damm I loved that bike
    Suzuki GSXR 600 (track)
    2003 R6 (track) (sold)

Re: Copper Canyon Mexico

90% paved roads? Can a DR650 with new knobbies make it without replacing tires? I just geared down too; how much camping/motels? Still sounds great.

Hate to bail but the back surgery has put a serious hurt on my plans. If anything changes I will let you know but I have to say no for now.... maybe next year.
    13 BMW F800GS, 01 Suzuki DRZ 400S
    "It's not about the destination. It's about the ride"
    www.colorado2wheels.com

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Bumping this to the top cuz it is right @ two months away.
    Still time to get time off and prep your bike.
    We will be entering Mexico on Sunday, the 22nd
    of March and coming back out on the 27th or 28th to
    afford enough time to get back comfortably for work
    the following monday. Booo!
    PM me if anybody is interested. Right now there is only
    5 people going, and one a maybe.
    Experiance the real Mexico, not the lame border towns
    and Golden Triangle, IE; Cancun, Acapulco.

Peace Bash
    Last edited by Bashed; Thu Jan 29th, 2009 at 11:34 AM.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Does Mexico require a passport or are they still allowing US citizens in with photo ID?
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

you can get into Mexico with no ID.
    getting back into the US will require
    a passport now.

Soooo,
    you can leave, but not return without one.

Peace Bash
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

About a month to go and I finished my
    luggage system for the NX650. Both side
    cases are quick removable and secure.
    The mounts I could lift the bike with, so
    they should take a bit of abuse. A little
    engine maintence and we will be off to
    the south for some site seeing.
    Last edited by Bashed; Fri Aug 26th, 2011 at 03:28 PM.

AKA "Devaclis"

Bash, where did you get those hard cases. those are the ones I want. I just need to fab a mount for the DRZ.

Also, I can leave the country but I can't get back in. Passport is expired
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

D man,
    They are Pelican brand cases.
    I scored 8 on Eslay last year
    and sold off what I didn't need. These
    are the 1450 model, that and/or
    the 1550 seem to me to be the
    best size v function I have found.
    Good luck as they are extreemly
    popular. I belive Rybo had some
    for sale a while ago, I don't know
    if he got rid of them though. Yellow.
    Peace Bash

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post

Also, I can leave the country but I can't get back in. Passport is expired
    no worries on the cant go thing, we
    are down to 3 people. Thats cool so
    we will be able to skirt under the radar
    better and not scare the locals as much.

Congrats- the NX with luggage is a very nice bike to have in the stable.
    Enjoy Mexico!

Dave!
    Where you been buddy?
    Looks like this one we will do without you.
    I'll be thinking of you when we cross over.
    You coming back anytime soon?

Countdown is @ three days! Yahhhhh Hooooo!

Peace Bash

Hope to hear about your Mexico trip at the April 3rd Bike Night!