Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Stirring the Political Pot...

AKA "Devaclis"

Re: Stirring the Political Pot...

Choice is an illusion created between those with power and those without.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    F#ck Oh-Bama. Him and his Un-American wife who's only "proud to be an American" because her unqualified black husband is running the race card for the Presidency.

Do I agree with McCain's stand on abortion or ILLEGAL immigration? F#ck no, but I look at the alternative and cringe.

McCain, baby!

P.S. Martin Luther King was NOT a Dr., just ask anyone who actually EARNED their doctorate in school. I would have voted against the holiday as well. Why not a holiday specifically for Kennedy who was assasinated in office instead? The word is "Pandering".
    November 5 you can buy me a victory beer.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    I'll take that bet! and, regardless, I'll still love ya brother.

Right-wing-Lunatic C_M
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

K, I understand that the Bush administration has worked around the rules on occasion, but so has EVERY President! If Bush's transgressions have been so heinous, why hasn't the dem. party impeaced him? It's not like they don't have the numbers in congress!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Anyone who would at this point vote for McCain is either uninformed, and idiot, or in serious denial. Nuff said.....

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    Choice is an illusion created between those with power and those without.

Dana in troubling times such as these I put my complete FAITH in GOD, and let his wisdom guide me.
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

F#ck Oh-Bama. Him and his Un-American wife who's only "proud to be an American" because her unqualified black husband is running the race card for the Presidency.

Do I agree with McCain's stand on abortion or ILLEGAL immigration? F#ck no, but I look at the alternative and cringe.

McCain, baby!

P.S. Martin Luther King was NOT a Dr., just ask anyone who actually EARNED their doctorate in school. I would have voted against the holiday as well. Why not a holiday specifically for Kennedy who was assasinated in office instead? The word is "Pandering".

Nice to see racism is alive in well in the good old USA.

What a tool...

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    K, I understand that the Bush administration has worked around the rules on occasion, but so has EVERY President! If Bush's transgressions have been so heinous, why hasn't the dem. party impeaced him? It's not like they don't have the numbers in congress!
    On occasion. 400 times+ isn't an occasion but a habitual fascist methodology. I believe in the disconnect of Americans too. I also know that there are a boat load of idiots out there that voted for the goof.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/kamiya/...2/impeachment/
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

I am waiting for someone to accuse me of being racist because I
    WILL NOT vote for Obama. That is ridiculous, my vote , my choice, and I don't have to justify my decision to ANYONE.

BTW I am Registered to vote.

Again for those not Registered to Vote, ha ha SUCK IT

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    the Libertarians probably represent the beliefs and values of main stream America better than the career politicians of the two dominant parties.

I think it boils down to what might be loosely called "morality." Half the country believes the government should tax the hell out of people who are economically successful and give it to people who are not, calling it "compassionate" or "being fair." The other half is driven by their religious beliefs to have the government creating/enforcing laws based on those beliefs. That leaves the Libertarians with a small constituency unfortunately. "Take care of yourself and leave other people alone" is the exact opposite of what most people seem to want to do. We "economic conservatives / social liberals" don't seem to have much voice.

Dirk
    Last edited by dirkterrell; Mon Oct 6th, 2008 at 12:03 PM.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbound View Post

What a tool...
    Has nothing to do with racism. I'd vote for the RIGHT black man: Colin Powell.

How 'bout you suck my dick and then we're both happy?
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    We economic conservatives / social liberals" don't seem to have much voice.

Dirk
    +1 I couldn't agree more.

One of the most true things put in this thread.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Anyone who would at this point vote for McCain is either uninformed, and idiot, or in serious denial. Nuff said.....

What a tool...
    Call him an tool and me an idiot because of how we act around you or because of the people we are, but once you start dismissing people because of their beliefs and writing them off you're closing your own mind to debate. Name calling is side-stepping the argument.

On occasion. 400 times+ isn't an occasion but a habitual fascist methodology. I believe in the disconnect of Americans too. I also know that there are a boat load of idiots out there that voted for the goof.
    http://www.salon.com/opinion/kamiya/...2/impeachment/
    You've gotta realize that those of us who voted for him (yes, us) are picking the lesser of two evils at that point. Had Kerry run a convincing campaign I would have had no problems voting him the better man. He didn't, so I didn't. What's more, 400 times is probably high for a President, but certainly not out of the realm of normalcy if you're consider some of the previous residents of the White House. Again, if you're upset that President Bush wasn't impeached, blame the congress for whom you voted.

The notion that anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot and shouldn't be allowed to see the light of day, much less breed, is one that leads down a dangerous and slippery slope. I can rail just as vehemently against anyone who disagrees with me this November, but, in the end, it doesn't make me any more correct than it does them.

Vote for the person you think is the best candidate. Argue for your candidate based on their position on issues that are important to you. Debate intelligently & using accurate facts (as Vance largely did in his original post), and open your mind to the possility that either one of us might be wrong, and I'll sit down, buy you a beer and talk ideas & views all night with ya!

And oh yeah, arguing on teh intarwebz is teh !!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

It really is a sad state of affairs when we're faced with either "voting against that sonofabitch!" or having our voices snuffed because the Electoral College operates on a "wiener take all" (deliberate misspelling) basis. Because, realistically, the Libertarians don't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting any Electoral votes under the current system.

I propose the abolition of the Electoral College system, as well as a reform of the campaign process, to broaden the actual (as opposed to illusory) choices. Open campaign finance disclosure, limit advertising, indeed limit campaigns to the 90 days prior to the election.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Has nothing to do with racism. I'd vote for the RIGHT black man: Colin Powell.

How 'bout you suck my dick and then we're both happy?
    Right or wrong, I, like pretty much any woman in the world, want nothing to do with your crotch, Frank!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

A little revolution from time to time is a good thing…

Remember, Remember the 5th of November, the Gunpowder treason and plot. I can think of no reason why the Gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.
    Last edited by Snowman; Mon Oct 6th, 2008 at 12:11 PM.

MRA Racer No.427

Scers sidekick... PuhRobin Yearly Supporter Foolds's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8

A little political ad that will never make it to mainstream tv

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.

A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having!
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    A little revolution from time to time is a good thing…

Remember, Remember the 5th of November, the Gunpowder treason and plot. I can think of no reason why the Gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

Excuse me? Does this train go to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave?

Voila! In view a humble vaudevillean veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vestitudes of fate. This visage, no mere vinear of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populae now vacant; vansished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and vittelin vermin vanguarding vice and vouch-safing the violently vicious and veracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance, a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vicious suaze of verbage veers most verbose. So let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me "V".

P.S. Martin Luther King was NOT a Dr., just ask anyone who actually EARNED their doctorate in school.
    But Reverend King WAS a Republican....shows how things have changed.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.

Quote Originally Posted by puckstr View Post
    Voila! In view a humble vaudevillean veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vestitudes of fate. This visage, no mere vinear of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populae now vacant; vansished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and vittelin vermin vanguarding vice and vouch-safing the violently vicious and veracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance, a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vicious suaze of verbage veers most verbose. So let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me "V".
    Stop stealing from my sig line...
    And my future inauguration speech when I become Emperor of Vancelvania...
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post

PLEASE - if you have value the future of this nation's prosperity, your own prosperity, your children or future children's chances of not inheriting endless debt and endless wars...
    PLEASE Vote for Obama.

AGAIN...

PLEASE... for your own sake... for your children's and/or future children's.... for this country you live in, work in, and hopefully love...

PLEASE....
    Vote Obama

Nothing like a little fear mongering to start the week, eh? OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!! IF YOU DON'T DO THIS THE WHOLE WORLD WILL IMPLODE!!!

I'm tired of bullshit "gumdrops and unicorns" promises.

While you cite reasons that you don't like McCain, you don't give a single reason to actually vote for NObama. I don't need to reference his friends and business associates, I've read what HE has said about the issues for years back. In the beginning, he said absolutely NOTHING other than "CHANGE". Now that things have settled and he sees what the popular opinion is on matters, he states his supposed stands on issues.

I dare you to research any issue and see what he says now vs. what he said yesterday, a week ago, 10 years ago.

As he stands up behind the microphone and yammers on about what HE will do...it appears that no one realizes that 99% of what he says, he has absolutely no control over. Short of the idea that he would likely get to appoint several if not dozens of judges to the higher courts. The Heller vs. D.C. was a 5-4 vote. One more with O's voting record and Sortarican woulda been turning in his toys.

If you can "hang the fate of the free world" on R vs. W or any ONE issue for that matter, then somebody turn the lights off and remember to lock up, cuz the party is over.

Do I care that he's black? Nope. Do I care that he's actually a mix that 50% caucasion? Nope. Do I care that he wasn't bold enough to stand up and say "Don't vote for me just because I'm black, but rather my substance (or lack thereof)" Oh hell yes! The number of people who are voting for the novelty factor of "The first BLACK president"...is saddening. Your skin color or chromosome arrangement shouldn't matter.

It bothers me that the dems were split 50-50 between Klinton and O. Now the country is 50-50 Mc vs. O. How United can we be if every decision alienates half the population.

Recently, he has started using the term "politically unpopular" re: Immigration Reform, the bailout. What makes something politically unpopular? When the people call their representatives and say don't vote for the D.R.E.A.M. bill and shut down the switchboards...its the voice of the people. When they call and 99 to 1 say "don't vote for the bailout, we have time to come up with something better" it's the voice of the people. The voice of the people has been and continues to be ignored, and his new catch phrase says to me "The hell with what you want, this will get me votes/money/power." The politicians aren't even worried about losing their jobs while they should be concerned about their necks stretching as they hang from lamp posts in the town square.

If you want socialized healthcare, move to Canada.
    If you want to hate the oil companies live in socialism, move to Venezuala.
    You want the .gov in control of everything, move to Russia.

Don't fuck up MY country.

I have a lot. More than most. I worked my ass of to get it and didn't step on anyone else's back to get it. Everything tells me he's going to take it away and give to "the less fortunate" i.e. lazy fucks who make bad decisions.

The only benefit I can see to him winning is that we'll hit bottom a lot faster and hopefully get to start over with a clean slate.

Tell us WHY to support him. What makes him the saviour of our land?

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Stop stealing from my sig line...
    And my future inauguration speech when I become Emperor of Vancelvania...
    Ha I knew it another V...

MRA Racer No.427