Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cigars! Mmmm

Cigars! Mmmm

Some of you may not know me but I have been around the site for a good while. I think 5 years.

Recently I have gotten really interested in fine cigars and all the steps that go into them. It is truly a very interesting industry and everything that is invovled all for the 5-10 bucks that you spend.

Recently I had a private tasting at Peak Cigar located at 8th and Highway 24. Larry, the owner, treated us like we were family and we had a blast. We then had the idea to get a larger group together of people that may not know a lot about cigars that may have been intersted. I havnt panned out the details completely but we can work something out that will be a very fun and relaxed event. A private tasting!

Let me know if anyone here would be intersted and if the number turns out to be large enough im sure that I can set something up with Larry and get us a great deal. Post up if you are intersted!

ps, for the ladies. Peak offers many, many lightly flavored mild strength cigars and cigarillos to try as well. about 15% of his business is infact female!
    Firefighters find them hot, leave them wet

Re: Cigars! Mmmm

more details will be worked out of there is enough interest. Plenty of motorcycle parking as well.

I'm interested. I enjoy cigars; I had a nice Cohiba the other night. Keep us posted.

a specific position or point in physical space

Thanks for looking into this...sounds like a good time...I'm interested!
    9/7 MotoGP Fan
    "Four wheels move the body...Two wheels move the soul"

http://www.lubedealer.com/otg_oil_lube

I would be interested! Funny I use to go to monthly functions hosted by Pikes Peak Cigar called ATF meetings. (Alcohol, Tobacco and Friends) They got a new owner and with the new snoking bans ended it so I no longer have anyone to hang out with and enjoy a good cigar. Thanks and please keep us posted!

Faster. Till the thrill of speed over comes the fear of death.

http://www.myspace.com/yvonneforever15

http://colocustommetal.zoovy.com/

I will call Larry tommorow and see what I can work out with him whether its a "cover" charge or discounted price or what. I know that he enjoys his single malt so it could be a BYOB thing. I will keep this post updated!

I may be interested post up details when ya got em
    It's a celebration bitches!!! - RIP 502

Motos:
    2003 SV1000N - Dual Yosh RS3 CF Exhaust ••••• 09' Aprilia SR50 (Wife's) ••••• 93' ZX-11 - Sold after 43k Miles
    Cars:
    08' Audi S5 6MT •••• 10' VW TDI Cup Edition 6MT •••• 02' VW TDI Beetle 5MT •••• 07' Ford Explorer

One brand I was turned onto is Acid by Drew Estates. It sounds kinda cheesy but when I was living in Phoenix, I pulled up to the cigar shop on my bike and the shop owner said, "Hey, you ride bikes, try this cigar." It had a picture of a guy doing a stoppie on the band and it smelled really good. I tried it and I was hooked, not for the Biker Boy logo but for the taste. I guess it is called a "spiced" cigar. I also prefer a darker leaf cigar.

There's no place like home............

AKA "Devaclis"

The Acids are good aromatics. The Blondie, C-Note, and Khuba Khuba are all nice smokes. Easy to get into and do not offend as much as a robusto may.

I am still a HUGE fan of the Fuente Fuente Opus-X Robusto #4, Romeo - y- Julietta Reserve or Bully, Flora Fina 8-5-8 the Cuesta Rey Pyramid #9. Each smoke has its time, companion cocktail, and mood. Man, I need me a good smoke
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

You know I always have something you can smoke Big Boy!!!

AKA "Devaclis"

Man, I forgot I should not be posting in the damn Southie threads. When the woodwork squeaks, out come the freaks
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

I am just saying we pretty much have the same taste in cigars. I think you are looking to far into it.

mmmm 8-5-8...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

I'd be up for something like this.
    Should we bring our own Scotch and Port or being a SoCo event will Moonshine be provided?
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas View Post
    One brand I was turned onto is Acid by Drew Estates....
    Yeah, I avoided Acids for the longest time due to the cheese factor.
    (Figured only a monkey would smoke those.)
    But actually they're a pretty decent and inexpensive smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    ..I am still a HUGE fan of the Fuente Fuente Opus-X Robusto #4, Romeo - y- Julietta Reserve or Bully, Flora Fina 8-5-8 the Cuesta Rey Pyramid #9....
    Opus-X and R-y-J are two of my favs also.
    A/F Hemmingway Short Storys are probably my all time favorite. Nice 15-20 minute smoke.
    I still have one of the Hemmingway Signatures I got last weekend left.
    I'll have to bring it to the BBQ this weekend.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

This is how Da South Side does Tounge Piercing.

Quote Originally Posted by dallas View Post
    You know I always have something you can smoke Big Boy!!!

Nice by 9 am I have already been mentally raped by Dallas and feel the need to shower.........all before I finish my first cup of coffee . You are such a freak of nature!!!!

Any how sounds like a good time I'm in!!!!!
    One time I got stopped for speeding on the Colordo Utah boarder
    and after a discussion with the Officer about Bannana's, pockets and glad tidings to all he let me off with a warning
    and a farewell of "I am always on this strech of highway and I will be watching for you."
    My response "I feel so much better knowing that you Officer Pennywise will be looking out for me."
    WAIT WHAT??!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 636Chick View Post
    Nice by 9 am I have already been mentally raped by Dallas and feel the need to shower.........all before I finish my first cup of coffee . You are such a freak of nature!!!!
    Rape is such a strong word. I would have to say it was pretty consentual since you did click on the link. It is not like I forced you to open the thread.

do they have a good selection of pipe tabacco? If so I'm down!
    11 BMW S 1000 RR

I'm good for pipe or cigar, either way, sounds like a damn blast! Now if only we could find something like that a little closer to home...

Dana, Pappas?
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by 636Chick View Post

Any how sounds like a good time I'm in!!!!!
    Mentally raped?

Please. You pictured Devaclis and Dallas going at each other, got all hot and bothered, excused yourself to the bathroom. Now you're just feeling cheap and want someone to blame it on.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

For the pipe they do have a decent selection, nothing huge like Stag but a full range. Stag does have a larger selection and range than Peak but the atmosphere at Peak is much more enjoyable and friendly. Peak does do their own mixtures of pipe tobacco and some are really good. Peak does have the Acid, Padron, full line of CAO including the Sopranons(awsome smoke!), the Tatianas, some great medium strength infused, etc. Im sure youd find something you like.

Moonshine not included, but welcome to bring. He does have a sporting event type ice thingy that you can plop ur beer or drinks in to keep cold.

I'll be back from the desert in Nov for vacation, I am seriously interested. I enjoy Rocky Patel's. Got 2 humidors here that are always stocked.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.

This is how Da South Side does Tounge Piercing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mental View Post
    Mentally raped?

Please. You pictured Devaclis and Dallas going at each other, got all hot and bothered, excused yourself to the bathroom. Now you're just feeling cheap and want someone to blame it on.

No I swear it wasn't like that

must find somewhere to hide how does he do that Curse you mental and your freaky powers
    Last edited by 636chick; Thu Oct 9th, 2008 at 12:48 PM.
    One time I got stopped for speeding on the Colordo Utah boarder
    and after a discussion with the Officer about Bannana's, pockets and glad tidings to all he let me off with a warning
    and a farewell of "I am always on this strech of highway and I will be watching for you."
    My response "I feel so much better knowing that you Officer Pennywise will be looking out for me."
    WAIT WHAT??!!!!!

ive had a few of my friends cohiba's from his humidor. if i didnt gettem free id be interested. enjoy that smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    The Acids are good aromatics. The Blondie, C-Note, and Khuba Khuba are all nice smokes. Easy to get into and do not offend as much as a robusto may.

I am still a HUGE fan of the Fuente Fuente Opus-X Robusto #4, Romeo - y- Julietta Reserve or Bully, Flora Fina 8-5-8 the Cuesta Rey Pyramid #9. Each smoke has its time, companion cocktail, and mood. Man, I need me a good smoke
    I just gained some new found respect for you Dana.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S