Thread: Wish me luck on my Triathlon

Wish me luck on my Triathlon

So how is the weather back home in CO? I am in a hotel in North FL on the beach.

7 AM is kickoff on my first Triathlon. It is only a sprint (shorter distances) but I am a first timer and I figured I would ease into the shallow end vs diving into the deep end. I figure if I survive the run (not worried about the other 2 legs) I will try to compete in a couple full events next year.

Anyone else run, bike, swim? I am hoping to get more training in next year and wondered if anyone else bikes and/or runs cause I sometimes need a bit of a push to get out and going. This event was a decision a buddy and I made 2 months ago so I haven't trained a ton and he is going to kill my times.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Re: Wish me luck on my Triathlon

Dear Mr. Obvious:

I don't run unless someone is chasing me. Seems logical and rather "obvious" to me. Who'd have thunk it.

I wish you the best of luck. Those fookers are hard and I know the training you must go through. Have a great day, keep your mind in a very sweet spot, and kick some ass. (I hear your skill level increases with lack of sex - so just say NO!) Run Forest....RUN!!!!

I wish you all the luck and skill and best of mentality in the world. DO EET!!!!!
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

Scers sidekick... PuhRobin Yearly Supporter Foolds's Avatar

Im a long distance runner, but my weak swiming keeps me from doing tri's. Good luck let us know how you do!

I used to do 3 or 4 tri's a year, been thinking about getting back into it. Just keep a good pace (slower than you think on the bike) and have fun.
    To those dead souls inching along the freeways in their metal coffins,... ..we show them that the human spirit is still alive

Hyper 1100
    KTM 450 XCW

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Good luck! Guy I worked with just did the Ironman Canada, cause he's crazy.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Just have fun. I race in Tri's (all distances) and also note that as you hit the water, the World Championships in Kona kick off in a couple of hours. Just have fun for your first one and do not worry about times as you have nothing to compare it to. The race is within yourself and not against the other athletes in your age group uless you are going for the podium. Then, it is still on your own......have fun and good fortunes

PS - there are a TON of local races if you get into it. www.5430sports.com is one series, but a bunch at Cherry Creek Rez and something every weekend.

bikes - yes, 6 of them
    motorcycle - obviously
    Cage - FJ Cruiser

"You can always find me out doing something vs. sitting at home wondering what I should be out doing"
    "If you never ask the hard questions, how will you even know the real answers"

good to see some of us are in shape
    Red and Black, 08 CBR600RR.