Thread: Im Tired!

Im Tired!

What a crazy weekend. Friday prctice went well right up to the point i tucked the front in turn 5 On sat. MW SS was one of my funniest races of the year. Four of us trading the lead several times each lap. I think i lead 5 laps and finished 3rd. That is the best kind of race to be in!
    I finished 3rd in HW SS after a not so good start for me. In the afternoon the rain came. I finished 3rd in MW end and fourth in HW end on DOT tires. Everyone that finished in front of me was on rain tires and they were hauling a$$.
    Sunday i had ROR U and ROR O.
    In ROR U the lead trio of riders checked out leaving the race for 4th place. I ended up 6th which is right about where i had been finishing all year.
    For ROR O i rode my gsxr 750. I went out on the tires i used in HW SS and HW end so i was hoping for a top ten depending on how long my tires would last. I started 5th row middle. I got a good start and i think i was 5th or 6th into turn one. I n turn three i got a couple of guys on the brakes and got into 3rd place. I was able to stay in 3rd untill lap 12 or so. A combination of the tires going away and me just being super tired resulted in me eventually finishing 6th. All in all not bad for being on a 750 but it would have been nice to have an extra 30-40hp

Big thanks to all the corner workers for standing out there in the rain and speedy recovery to all injured this weekend.
    mike
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

Re: Im Tired!

Quote Originally Posted by hcr25 View Post
    For ROR O i rode my gsxr 750. I went out on the tires i used in HW SS and HW end so i was hoping for a top ten depending on how long my tires would last. I started 5th row middle. I got a good start and i think i was 5th or 6th into turn one. I n turn three i got a couple of guys on the brakes and got into 3rd place. I was able to stay in 3rd untill lap 12 or so. A combination of the tires going away and me just being super tired resulted in me eventually finishing 6th. All in all not bad for being on a 750 but it would have been nice to have an extra 30-40hp
    You got me on the brakes!
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Mike,
    Nice summary of the weekend. Hopefully, more will take a moment to give their POV on their rides. Best to you and all riders in the off-season.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Nice job this weekend Mike. It was kinda nuts watching you guys run the Endurance in the rain. I pulled out of that. Saw 3 people go down during 5 mins of racing.

EX-MRA #719

- 502 - RIP Gene, you will always be an inspiration.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstien

It was great watching you Mike, among others. It was great being back at PPIR! That place is great!
    '01 SV 650 S
    '08 Gary Fisher mtn. bike
    '69 Austin Healey Sprite
    '92 GTI

great riding mike! I was trying so hard to keep up with you Last sunday to learn some lines b4 this last race. but your too damn fast!

VANMAR!!!!
    Bridgestone Tires
    www.fastermotorsports.net
    www.youngbloodracing.com
    www.chicanetrackdays.com

Erik Cromer |MRA #611