Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Obama: "Spread the wealth around..."

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Re: Obama: "Spread the wealth around..."

Quote Originally Posted by DanFZ1 View Post
    If anyone finds the McCain campaing equivalent, post both links together please. It would/will make for an interesting comparison.

Thanx

http://taxcut.barackobama.com/

^^^It's a calculator. Click on it.^^^
    I don't know if McCain has a cute little calculator but I would like to know how much other things are going to cost because of his plan? I would like a tax cut on cigarettes not capital gains. But I am just a obsolists working man in a union he doesn't know anything about me.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by DavidofDenver View Post
    I don't know if McCain has a cute little calculator but I would like to know how much other things are going to cost because of his plan? I would like a tax cut on cigarettes not capital gains. But I am just a obsolists working man in a union he doesn't know anything about me.
    Federal taxes on cigarettes (sin) tax and gas etc., do have at least some impact on inflation. So does printing too much money in a crisis. Production costs will increase the price of the end product too. Because if raw materials increase in price, the cost goes up. The cost of labor can also lead to inflation. As a workers pay increases, companies usually pass on those costs to the consumer.

As for me, my state and federal tax returns come pretty close to balancing each other out every year. The government doesn't get to hang on to too much of my money during the course of the year, and I basically owe next to nothing at the end of the year. The difference between the two candidates based on what I have punched into the calculator isn't more than a couple hundred bucks once I included my state taxes.

Both political parties are tax and spend political parties. Especially now that both parties have decided to spread the wealth around by giving $700 billion to the Banks and Wall Street firms that donate to both parties.

By the way, doesn't it cost less to roll your own cigarettes? Just asking. Obviously if you don't want to quit that's up to you. I'm just thinking that would cut down on the grocery bill.

Announcer On Radio: Eyewitnesses say that the bees are yellow and black, and dress much the way Eli Wallach did in the movie "The Magnificant Seven". The bees are also overweight..
    Chevy Chase: Wait a minute.. you must be..
    Elliot Gould: That's right, gringo.. the Killer Bees.

Federal taxes on cigarettes (sin) tax and gas etc., do have at least some impact on inflation. So does printing too much money in a crisis. Production costs will increase the price of the end product too. Because if raw materials increase in price, the cost goes up. The cost of labor can also lead to inflation. As a workers pay increases, companies usually pass on those costs to the consumer.

As for me, my state and federal tax returns come pretty close to balancing each other out every year. The government doesn't get to hang on to too much of my money during the course of the year, and I basically owe next to nothing at the end of the year. The difference between the two candidates based on what I have punched into the calculator isn't more than a couple hundred bucks once I included my state taxes.

Both political parties are tax and spend political parties. Especially now that both parties have decided to spread the wealth around by giving $700 billion to the Banks and Wall Street firms that donate to both parties.

By the way, doesn't it cost less to roll your own cigarettes? Just asking. Obviously if you don't want to quit that's up to you. I'm just thinking that would cut down on the grocery bill.

Yes it is cheaper to roll your own.
    The tax does not cover loose tobacco, it is classified as a staple.
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

Roll my own like a hobo, I would rather quit or steal a truckload of smokes and dump them in sloans lake in protest of the high taxes.

I tried to roll my own and they were to strong. But they do come it lots of yummy flavors like mint, vanilla and cherry.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by DavidofDenver View Post
    Roll my own like a hobo, I would rather quit or steal a truckload of smokes and dump them in sloans lake in protest of the high taxes.

I tried to roll my own and they were to strong. But they do come it lots of yummy flavors like mint, vanilla and cherry.
    Just smoke a pipe, then you'll be everybody's friend.

I'm just going to take a wild guess and say that you go for the soft pack of Marlborough lights.

I personally used to go for the red hard pack of Marlboroughs but found I liked Nat Shermans better when they used to be in the hard pack. (they actually smelled like fresh tobacco) Then they switched over to the fancy foil packaging and I just said scew it. I don't even own a pipe any more. God only knows what a pack of smokes cost at the 7-11 these days.

Announcer On Radio: Eyewitnesses say that the bees are yellow and black, and dress much the way Eli Wallach did in the movie "The Magnificant Seven". The bees are also overweight..
    Chevy Chase: Wait a minute.. you must be..
    Elliot Gould: That's right, gringo.. the Killer Bees.

Just smoke a pipe, then you'll be everybody's friend.

I'm just going to take a wild guess and say that you go for the soft pack of Marlborough lights.

I personally used to go for the red hard pack of Marlboroughs but found I liked Nat Shermans better when they used to be in the hard pack. (they actually smelled like fresh tobacco) Then they switched over to the fancy foil packaging and I just said scew it. I don't even own a pipe any more. God only knows what a pack of smokes cost at the 7-11 these days.
    Did you mean Marlboro's? I smoke Davidoff lights. I started smoking them in Europe and liked them. Before that it was Marlboro 100 lights box but you are close. I have never been discriminated by a non smoker. Although, I have been bothered by some jerkoff coughing once and Waterworld. It was to far away and up wind from me so I figured he was just being a jerk or dieing so I paid him no mind.