Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama: "Spread the wealth around..."

Re: Obama: "Spread the wealth around..."

Quote Originally Posted by GGRR View Post
    This poll would matter if the election was decided by national popular vote. The electoral map is currently showing a blowout, possibly by 200+ electoral votes.
    Polls schmolls... http://www.zombietime.com/lefts_big_blunder/

The only poll that matters is the one on Nov. 4th. The current data showing a "blowout" is based on "extended" likely voter models. Basically... the polling groups are going out of there way to count on the youth vote like never before. They are actually having to make an effort to show Obama up 3-5, which is pretty sad. We saw the same trend with Gore's "rock the youth vote" 2000 campaign... and, yes, Bush may have lost the popular vote, but he still won. Traditional polls are showing McCain either up, or in a statistical tie. Throw in Bradley effect and racism (which unfortunately exist), and some still consider a McCain landslide a very real possibility.

Remember... the youth are about as reliable on election days as my ability to get an erection in a gay bar. Sure, it could happen, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Some more to chew on from James Pethokoukis' article, "Did Barack 'Spread the Wealth' Obama Just Blow the Election?" (published today)

And after last night's debate, a few more Americans might think that way, too. McCain's best line: "Now, of all times in America, we need to cut people's taxes. We need to encourage business, create jobs, not spread the wealth around." And by the way, I just noticed that the IBD/TIPP poll, the most accurate in 2004, has McCain down by just 3 points. If the contest is perceived by the voters as a contest between a wealth redistributor and a wealth creator, then it could be a long night come Nov. 4. This is still a center-right country, gang. Note this Gallup poll from June:
    When given a choice about how government should address the numerous economic difficulties facing today's consumer, Americans overwhelmingly—by 84% to 13%—prefer that the government focus on improving overall economic conditions and the jobs situation in the United States as opposed to taking steps to distribute wealth more evenly among Americans.
    There you go.
    http://www.usnews.com/blogs/capital-...-election.html

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    Polls schmolls... Throw in Bradley effect and racism (which unfortunately exist), and some still consider a McCain landslide a very real possibility.

Remember... the youth are about as reliable on election days as my ability to get an erection in a gay bar. Sure, it could happen, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.
    I do hope your right. It would be nice to have a hot chick as a vice president. Hey she is hot to us older guys.
    "For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing....What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    No way in hell.

Unless they do the standup thing and change the ticket.
    Who would have though Bush would have got a second term, with everyone hating him and everything. The liberal media makes you think the everyone on the planet hates Bush, thus you must hate McCain. I guess we will have to see if liberal biased media is wrong again or right this time.... I mean left.. I mean... well I don't know what I mean.
    "For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing....What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?"

Quote Originally Posted by R1chie View Post
    Who would have though Bush would have got a second term, with everyone hating him and everything. The liberal media makes you think the everyone on the planet hates Bush, thus you must hate McCain. I guess we will have to see if liberal biased media is wrong again or right this time.... I mean left.. I mean... well I don't know what I mean.
    I really liked how McCain smacked Obama with the "I'm not George Bush.. and if you wanted to run against George Bush than you should have run back in 2004" blast. Oh that's right, back in 2004 he was hanging around and working with Bill Ayers.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Unhappy Re: Obama: "Spread the wealth around..."

I think Obama wants to spread our cheeks and distribute our wealth
    RESPECT MY ATHORATA

02 Yamaha FZ1
    http://www.myspace.com/theschwagman

Quote Originally Posted by R1chie View Post
    I do hope your right. It would be nice to have a hot chick as a vice president. Hey she is hot to us older guys.
    Of course I'm right. The primary goal right now is just to not fall for the hype of the liberal media. Read that article I linked to up at the top of the page titled "The Left's Big Blunder." It's basically a scientific/sociological analysis of how we, as people, will say one thing in a group that we disagree with personally. It's an instinctive reaction for acceptance and to avoid being outcast from the group. Unfortunately, we as republicans have suffered from this effect because we've allowed the angry/obnoxious left to control the dialogue for far too long. We simple sit by as they spew their hype - never offering a counter punch. The media, and the Obama campaign, is taking advantage of this, and trying to beat the right into submission by inflating polls and Obama's popularity, so we won't even consider voting on November 4th. It's the, "Look, Obama can't lose, you'd be an idiot to vote for the other guy! HAHA!" DO NOT fall for it!

The fact that this guy is barely at 50% in an anti-war, anti-Bush, pro-Democratic year has the left scared shitless. They are using guerilla warfare (and voter fraud through ACORN) to try and drag Obama across the finish line. Keep your head up, keep the faith, and DO NOT BELIEVE THE HYPE. They are desperate for a win, and using desperate measures to keep us at bay.

CHIN UP pardner!

Hey, I think I just found 700 billion dollars! Maybe we could get THESE guys to to Spread the Wealth Around.

JOHN McCAIN (R)
    Merrill Lynch $298,413 Citigroup Inc $269,251 Morgan Stanley $233,272 Goldman Sachs $208,395 JPMorgan Chase & Co $179,975 AT&T Inc $174,487 Blank Rome LLP $150,426 Credit Suisse Group $150,025 Greenberg Traurig LLP $146,787 UBS AG $140,165 PricewaterhouseCoopers $140,120 US Government $137,617 Bank of America $129,475 Wachovia Corp $122,846 Lehman Brothers $117,500 FedEx Corp $113,453 Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher $104,250 US Army $103,613 Bear Stearns $99,300 Pinnacle West Capital $97,700 Source: OpenSecrets.org
    TOP CONTRIBUTORS BY INDUSTRY
    BARACK OBAMA (D)
    Goldman Sachs $691,930 University of California $611,207 Citigroup Inc $448,599 JPMorgan Chase & Co $442,919 Harvard University $435,769 Google Inc $420,174 UBS AG $404,750 National Amusements Inc $389,140 Microsoft Corp $377,235 Lehman Brothers $370,524 Sidley Austin LLP $350,302 Moveon.org $347,463 Skadden, Arps et al $340,264 Time Warner $338,527 Wilmerhale Llp $335,398 Morgan Stanley $318,070 Latham & Watkins $297,400 Jones Day $289,476 University of Chicago $278,885 Stanford University $276,038

...and I quote:

"We got politicians running races on corporate cash
    Now don't tell me they don't turn around and kiss them peoples' ass
    You may call me old-fashioned
    but that don't fit my picture of a true democracy
    and it feels like I am living in the wasteland of the free

We got CEO's making two hundred times the workers' pay
    but they'll fight like hell against raising the minimum wage
    and If you don't like it, mister, they'll ship your job
    to some third-world country 'cross the sea
    and it feels like I am living in the wasteland of the free"

I think the folk singer from Kansas got it right.
    I wonder if Iris Dement hangs with Ron Paul.

Announcer On Radio: Eyewitnesses say that the bees are yellow and black, and dress much the way Eli Wallach did in the movie "The Magnificant Seven". The bees are also overweight..
    Chevy Chase: Wait a minute.. you must be..
    Elliot Gould: That's right, gringo.. the Killer Bees.

Hey, Looky here what I found! More bankers willing to help all the little people.

George W. Bush
    Top donors to Bush's 2004 campaign, with Wall Street firms included:

Morgan Stanley $599,730
    Merrill Lynch $569,204
    PricewaterhouseCoopers $508,300
    UBS Americas $456,525
    Goldman Sachs $373,100
    MBNA Corp. $351,000
    Credit Suisse First Boston $329,290
    Lehman Bros. $315,275
    Citigroup Inc. $311,100
    Bear Sterns $302,600
    Ernest & Young $296,140

Wow! What a shock! I wonder if these folks can help us. Why, maybe if we ask real nice and all, they'll even be gracious enough to trickle down on us Uncle Jed!

Oh but WAIT! a minute Jethro. Don't be so selfish and all now. Why these here folks can't even hep them selves.

Why maybe we should just trickle up some of our earnins to them!

...seriously now people....

Explain how the trickle down theory (a.k.a. Voodoo Economics according to George H. W. Bush) is supposed to work when Congress, including McCain and Obama, just gave the people who are supposed to be "trickling" down on us OUR money just to stay afloat.

( ...Ron Paul save me...)

Announcer On Radio: Eyewitnesses say that the bees are yellow and black, and dress much the way Eli Wallach did in the movie "The Magnificant Seven". The bees are also overweight..
    Chevy Chase: Wait a minute.. you must be..
    Elliot Gould: That's right, gringo.. the Killer Bees.

Gold Member

im sure obama is going to win this year.. when he does and all you people who voted for him start to get screwd just shut your mouths.... all you people who vote for obama cuz you think one man can fix the world your the retards...

and voter fraud through ACORN
    There is a big difference between voter fraud and voter registration fraud. Voter registration fraud is being perpetrated upon ACORN by the shitheads they've hired to register people.

Nobody is going to show up to vote with these fraudulent registrations. It makes no sense, it wouldn't work. The number of people that would have to participate to throw the election makes vote fraud unworkable in this day and age. Just another conservative bogeyman.
    http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...bate_no_3.html

Voter suppression on the other hand, is very real. And for the most part, it's conservatives that are engaging in it.

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GGRR View Post
    There is a big difference between voter fraud and voter registration fraud. Voter registration fraud is being perpetrated upon ACORN by the shitheads they've hired to register people.

Nobody is going to show up to vote with these fraudulent registrations. It makes no sense, it wouldn't work. The number of people that would have to participate to throw the election makes vote fraud unworkable in this day and age. Just another conservative bogeyman.
    http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...bate_no_3.html
    If you have fraudulant registrations, they don't actually have to show up. You've already padded the eligible voter count and all you have to do is say they voted for Obama. Bam, stolen election...say in Ohio, by 200,000:

http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/new...0-16-0033.html

Voter suppression on the other hand, is very real. And for the most part, it's conservatives that are engaging in it.
    Source?
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    The top 1% of income earners pay nearly 40% of all income tax. The top 10% pay about 70% of the income taxes. The bottom 50% of income earners (those making less than $31K) pay 3%.

Source : http://www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/22652.html

Dirk
    Dirk,

I pay about 50% in taxes by the time I get change at the store. I don't know about you but I'm getting screwed.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by DanFZ1 View Post
    Hey, Looky here what I found! More bankers willing to help all the little people.

George W. Bush
    Top donors to Bush's 2004 campaign, with Wall Street firms included:

Morgan Stanley $599,730
    Merrill Lynch $569,204
    PricewaterhouseCoopers $508,300
    UBS Americas $456,525
    Goldman Sachs $373,100
    MBNA Corp. $351,000
    Credit Suisse First Boston $329,290
    Lehman Bros. $315,275
    Citigroup Inc. $311,100
    Bear Sterns $302,600
    Ernest & Young $296,140

Wow! What a shock! I wonder if these folks can help us. Why, maybe if we ask real nice and all, they'll even be gracious enough to trickle down on us Uncle Jed!

( ...Ron Paul save me...)
    Looks to me like these companies just made a 695.6 Billion return on their investment.
    Last edited by Snowman; Fri Oct 17th, 2008 at 10:20 AM.

MRA Racer No.427

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

I have two questions.

1. What the hell is going on in Indiana
    2. Why is Michigan voting Democrat. Well I'll answer my own question here. Because Detroit can't build a car worth selling on the open market --- that's why.

You do the math ..................

* Wisconsin -- 10 electoral votes --- Obama ahead by 17 points
    * Virginia -- 13 electoral votes --- Obama a 10-point advantage
    * Pennsylvania -- 21 electoral votes --- Obama up by 16 point
    * Ohio -- 20 electoral votes --- Obama ahead by 5 points
    * North Carolina -- 15 electoral votes --- Obama up by 2 points
    * Nevada -- Five electoral votes --- Obama a 3-point lead
    * New Mexico -- Five electoral votes --- Obama ahead by 8 points
    * New Hampshire -- Four electoral votes --- Obama ahead by 6 points
    * Missouri -- 11 electoral votes --- Obama ahead by 6 points
    * Michigan -- 17 electoral votes --- Obama up by 16 points
    * Indiana -- 11 electoral votes --- McCain leads by 7 points
    * Florida -- 27 electoral votes --- Obama a 5-point edge
    * Colorado -- Nine electoral votes --- Obama leads by 9 points
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    "Joe the plumber" is not even a licensed plumber in the state of Ohio.
    Does he earn money in Ohio? If he does than I think that he has a right to complain about it being taken. He asked Obama a question that Obama didn't have his telepromter for and the left has decided to destroy him for it. I guess this is a sign of what we can expect from his presidency? You will tow the Obama line or be detroyed by the truth police.
    Last edited by DavidofColorado; Fri Oct 17th, 2008 at 10:41 AM.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Liberal media HYPE. Nov 4th we will ALL see what the outcome is.

also:
    Originally Posted by Canuck

If he can clear the shit clogged toilet, I could care less if he has a license.
    Snake that nasty shit

Better him than me
    Last edited by puckstr; Fri Oct 17th, 2008 at 10:34 AM.
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

Quote Originally Posted by puckstr View Post
    Liberal media HYPE. Nov 4th we will ALL see what the outcome is.

also:
    Originally Posted by Canuck

If he can clear the shit clogged toilet, I could care less if he has a license.
    Snake that nasty shit

Better him than me
    +1

I think its ironic that the left is berating him for not having a license. Does Barry have any experience in the Executive branch of the government? He sure talks like he does.
    Last edited by DavidofColorado; Fri Oct 17th, 2008 at 11:15 AM.

Hey I have worked for this company for 6 years and I am due for the CEO position......

Hello
    Hello

WTF do you mean I am not qualified?
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

AKA "Devaclis"

First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

^^THAT explains McCain's faces after the debate! nObama's steal'n his girl!!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Someone that spy's on me here will send this to my GF but I don't care.

Palin is hot!!! She photoshops so well.

The last pic I added just because its so f'n funny.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidofDenver View Post
    I think its ironic that the left is berating him for not having a license. D
    I do not know about contract work, but I work for an engineering firm and do NOT have a PE (Professional Engineering) license for myself. Nor do I need one, so long as one person in the firm (who must be a principle) has one.

Mr. Joe Plumber has made it clear he WORKS for a company that does plumbing work, and that he is INTERESTED in buying it. I'm sure should he continue on that course he would need to pursue a license or "registration" before transfer of ownership is complete. But is a "registration" required simply to do plumbing work for a registered outfit? If I walked into Roto-Rooter and filled out a job application, would I be turned down if I didn't show my professional plumber's registration?

If it's anything like engineering, I would think not. I know many laborers on job sites who have dick registrations for hammers and saws, but they are hired to do plenty of work on the homes and office buildings we all live and work in.

Honestly, what's the gripe here?

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post

Honestly, what's the gripe here?

Thought it was pretty obvious...

"We don't like what he's saying. We don't want to discuss his points. Therefore we will bring up something completely irrelevant to distract you. Please carry on worshiping our savior."

This brought to you by the most enlightened, intelligent and caring party on the planet. Vote Democrat '08!
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!