Thread: SUN'S SALES IS BAD

Board Newbie

Thumbs down SUN'S SALES IS BAD

I mean this for mostly women there are sales people at Sun who after two things one is the oldest trick in the book and the other is to find women and take advantage of them with sales and then lead them on if they are worth any money they charm you and then take you for all you are worth and move on to the next woman or victim....be careful out there and have fun riding but not on Sun's Bikes try RPM, PowerSports, or anyone else..Catch some air and be cool.....

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Re: SUN'S SALES IS BAD

I assume that you were taken advantage of by Sun?
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Dissconected from this world

not surprising their sales people act like a bunch of vultures when ever I have to get a part from them. On the same not Omara Ford is the same way, they have tried to use my faith to sell me a car and when my wife and i had our mustang they tried selling her a set of oem tires for that car at a price of 1,200.00 no rims just tires.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

OK, it's your first post so I'll cut you some slack, but a general slam on a business isn't what this forum is intended for.

Please post up the details of your experience. What were you shopping for? What tactic was employed that you find objectionable? How could they have earned your business?

Thanks
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by 2WHEELFUN View Post
    I mean this for mostly women there are sales people at Sun who after two things one is the oldest trick in the book and the other is to find women and take advantage of them with sales and then lead them on if they are worth any money they charm you and then take you for all you are worth and move on to the next woman or victim....be careful out there and have fun riding but not on Sun's Bikes try RPM, PowerSports, or anyone else..Catch some air and be cool.....

Yep, post up a detail experience you had with them and then you should email them (if they got an email) of the link so the business can change their ways. If you never let a business know then you have little right to bitch about them. Plus don't expect them to change, and never complain to the help, always take it to the top.

Good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO View Post
    OK, it's your first post so I'll cut you some slack, but a general slam on a business isn't what this forum is intended for.

Please post up the details of your experience. What were you shopping for? What tactic was employed that you find objectionable? How could they have earned your business?

Thanks
    Scott

ummm isnt this shop experiences? They probably could have earned her business by not taking advantage of her like she said in the first place.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by skilz View Post
    ummm isnt this shop experiences? They probably could have earned her business by not taking advantage of her like she said in the first place.
    Yup, which means a SPECIFIC experience. Me posing up:

"SUPER soup sucks" doesn't help you decide if that soup is good or not.

On the other hand:

Me posting up that "I had a bad experience with Super Soup the other day. When I opened the can I found a hair net inside that must have fallen off one of the workers. After several attempts to contact the company the finally returned my call three weeks later, as of right now they have not resolved the issue and are denying responsibility"

IS a useful review. I'm sure you can see the difference.

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

sounds like that was her/his experience right there. may not be as detailed as you'd like but i'd say that by reading those descriptions that this person doesn't recommend the dealer/shop because their sales people try to take advantage of female buyers, based on this person's experience of course.
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

I don't mean to be a d1ck but if a salesperson's charm is going to have any bearing on where or what I buy, I deserve what I get. People are like donkeys that way...you can't lead them on if they don't want to be led. So I'd have to say for this report to be of any use, I have to have specifics. It sounds like more of a personal jab to me.

I do have to say... Ive had a few different experiences with Sun... some good ... some bad. Shaggy was absolutely awesome for a sales person and was fantastic in non-pressuring way. It wasn't till 5 months later that he actually got a sale on me. The other bad experiences I cant speak about because there's too much speculation on what really was going on.

Hopefully this is within "response" guidelines
    My 250 can beat up your 250...
    cause its a Ninja

Man, I sure hate it when good looking women charm me out of my hard earned money!

Wait, no I don't. Sorry for you bad experience, but some punctuation and some clear thoughts might help this thread...
    08 CBR 1KRR RED
    Lots of goodies, more to come
    06 Big Dog K9 custom

As a traveling salesman (oh, this doesn't sound good already) I can say that being social and charming, as well as informative and listening to the customer's needs, is/are all part of good sales. Customers, male or female, want to be heard and respected. My primary job is to point out the features and benefits of our MC products. After that, it is my job to overcome "no's and I'm not sure's." The customer makes the final decision.

Having said that, I do not condone "preying" on a customer. If it isn't the right product for them, I will suggest something else--if they are in mind for that. Hell, lots of people at the trade shows just want to talk about their motorcycling experience.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

opinions are like assholes---we all got one.
    having many friends over there I say watch your tongue noob and stick to facts not opinion.
    be nice till it's time to no longer be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Squisha View Post
    I don't mean to be a d1ck but if a salesperson's charm is going to have any bearing on where or what I buy, I deserve what I get. People are like donkeys that way...you can't lead them on if they don't want to be led. So I'd have to say for this report to be of any use, I have to have specifics. It sounds like more of a personal jab to me.

Truth is, anyone in sales can tell you; A sales person can make all the difference! If a company wants repeat customers they must have the whole package: Good price-Good product-Good sales people!

Quote Originally Posted by REPSOLSASH View Post
    opinions are like assholes---we all got one.
    having many friends over there I say watch your tongue noob and stick to facts not opinion.
    Since you seem to know the facts of what happened to this person, why don't you post them up?
    You must be fast, 'cuz I was haulin' ass when I passed you.

Wade
    '01 TL1000S

Another version for TL is "sounds like Thunder - fast like Lightning"
    Imagine it was said by a Hardley rider!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nissn1 View Post
    theres no soul in R1's only r-soles

Sun's baaaaad mmmkay?

wow... of all the suckiest threads that ever sucked, this is a great one... a one post newb comes on throws out some random, half-witted review of Sun, and now everyone's jumping down each others' throats!

Way to go troll.

...oh, and on a personal note, I personally have no opinions regarding the sales at Sun. Every time I've been in there, I've been treated well, but I've never bought a bike there.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

I've never had a problem there either. I haven't spent a lot of money in there, but I've always been treated good. Actually, it's the only dealership in the north metro that I will go into.
    You must be fast, 'cuz I was haulin' ass when I passed you.

Wade
    '01 TL1000S

Another version for TL is "sounds like Thunder - fast like Lightning"
    Imagine it was said by a Hardley rider!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nissn1 View Post
    theres no soul in R1's only r-soles

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Last edited by konichd; Sun Oct 19th, 2008 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Repsolash is a douche'
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

and then lead them on if they are worth any money they charm you and then take you for all you are worth and move on to the next woman or victim
    sounds like a personal problem... never ever had any issues with Sun.. too bad they cut back they're promotional budgeting

I've bought a bike from Sun a couple of years ago and was very happy with the whole transaction. Salesguy I dealt with was great, parts and accessory folks were also very helpful.
    Maybe things have changed since it was a couple years back and maybe I should send my wife in looking for a bike?
    Eric
    CSBA#477
    00 Triumph Sprint RS
    www.cocsba.com

Sun is the best place i've ever bought a bike from, sucks you had a crappy experience

Just my personal experience at Sun, as a female. I bought a bike there last year. The sales guy, Rob, was great, low pressure, easy to work with. I had no problems with them, and get way more respect there than at other local dealerships that I have been in. I plan on buying my next bike there, too.

Sorry that you had a bad experience...