Thread: Server Admins come forth!

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter t_jolt's Avatar

Server Admins come forth!

Alright, so my new adventure that im at a loss for.

I have a win 2000 server, server old. use to be a dc. I believe that this was de-commed correctly. now have a win 2008, new, which is the PDC. Old is what everything is pointing to for sntp. (network time) i have shutoff server old, and when a net time command is used, it still looks like its looks for server old first, then after 5 seconds, it pulls from server new.
    Now i have turned off the broadcasting bit for server old. So it should not be broadcasting itself as a reliable time server. Rebooted a local client, net time - still pulling time from server old.

also server new is set to broadcast time.
    I think that it may be an old group policy that may be still lingering around somewhere but i dont know. What do you guys think?

Thanks
    Tyrel
    Mitsujagvettecedes 1000RXTS GTR

Hand built by Jerry Garcia, Dan Gurney, Chuck Norris and Duntov's ghost. GT97 turbo,
    8WD, berilium pistons, titanium rods, unobtanium crank. Block forged from the dead souls of Mongol warriors. Depleted Uranium Dog box, Flubber tires, and stage 87 axles.

-1.07 @5.7c

AKA "Devaclis"

Re: Server Admins come forth!

First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Re: Server Admins come forth!

Quote Originally Posted by t_jolt View Post
    Alright, so my new adventure that im at a loss for.

I have a win 2000 server, server old. use to be a dc. I believe that this was de-commed correctly. now have a win 2008, new, which is the PDC. Old is what everything is pointing to for sntp. (network time) i have shutoff server old, and when a net time command is used, it still looks like its looks for server old first, then after 5 seconds, it pulls from server new.
    Now i have turned off the broadcasting bit for server old. So it should not be broadcasting itself as a reliable time server. Rebooted a local client, net time - still pulling time from server old.

also server new is set to broadcast time.
    I think that it may be an old group policy that may be still lingering around somewhere but i dont know. What do you guys think?

Thanks
    Tyrel
    Did you force group policy update on the machine your testing with to make sure it has all the latest updated policies?
    1998 CBR600F3 "Desert Storm" - SOLD

WAS keeping the banana seat alive!