Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

haha
    finally about 11 last night...

sheissty iPhone night camera lol

i still found the stupidity to check the tires signals brakes and other general stuff... go to start it... put in and turn key... kick stand up.. clutch in... but something wasnt right...

no FI sounds... umm WTF mate...
    OH YEAH>>> kill switch engaged.. haha

alright ..went and got some gas... 87... even though the lowest here in CO is 85... should i still run 87 ?
    maybe ill test a few tanks of each and see if there are differences

anyway... then went riding around a little today and will get in a good ride on sunday afternoon...

anyone want to suggest great routes / group rides from Denver?
    i have alllll day to ride...despite my shitty footwear situation at the moment.

Re: SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

for the route situation, there are allot of fun roads outside of boulder and golden so have at it.

as for the gas situation, I have used 91 in almost all my vehicles. just the difference in smoothness and power is amazing. the CBR requires it but as for my old car, felt like someone put a finely tuned Mercedes engine in there.
    Red and Black, 08 CBR600RR.

ummmm... yay, for random posts.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

^^^^Yup they happen all the time
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

Last edited by modette99; Mon Nov 7th, 2011 at 03:45 PM.

Congrats on the new ride.
    You wanted it, asked for it, and received it.
    Now it's time to have fun!
    It works! Slow in, Fast out
    "Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet, especially if the people reading it don't know you personally". By Spiderman
    Neither irony nor sarcasm is argument. By Rufus Choate
    Be smart, be nice, do what'cha love and always have fun.
    Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food. - Hippocrates
    I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone. - The Hippocratic Oath

You can find plenty of Good Roads at the main page.
    "Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet, especially if the people reading it don't know you personally". By Spiderman
    I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone. - The Hippocratic Oath

utsv650,

You should be able to run 85 octane gas with no problem. 85 octane at this attitude is the same as running 87 octane at sea level.

Running premium gas (91 octane) in a bike that doesn't need it offers you no benefit and can actually produce less power. Do a Google search on fuel octane ratings and it will bring up some links that offer good explanations of what fuel grade is best.

Save yourself some maoney and run regular unleaded.
    2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 (SOLD)
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Stupidity should be painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Vess View Post
    You should be able to run 85 octane gas with no problem. 85 octane at this attitude is the same as running 87 octane at sea level.
    Please avoid thinking on your own on octanes. That's how peeps hurt themselves.
    If the owners bible tells the world to use 87 octane in a SV. That's what you use. <---period
    Street bikes using a lesser pump octane won't make you or your bike happier.

The Rockstar sticker requires the correct pump octane for it's hp advancement.

now lets just be clear (in lame noBAMA voice) ... ive july 2007... i just moved from Tampa to Denver.. and finally got it shipped up here ...

thanks for the road suggestions and i know about the octane ...but just wondered if others had personal experience with SVs in particular at altitude... i have and always will run 87 ;-)

oh.. and the ROCKSTAR stuff on the forks are the actual cans... from original and punched... i just cut them and used zip ties.....

+69 HP...

Quote Originally Posted by dapper View Post
    Please avoid thinking on your own on octanes. That's how peeps hurt themselves.
    If the owners bible tells the world to use 87 octane in a SV. That's what you use. <---period
    Street bikes using a lesser pump octane won't make you or your bike happier.
    Maybe you need to spend some time studying up on octane level.

It's not my opinion, it's a fact. 85 octane will work at this elevation in any vehicle in which 87 octane is recommended. <---period
    Last edited by Jim_Vess; Sat Oct 18th, 2008 at 11:37 PM.
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R

Just cause it will work doesnt mean its not going to have carbon build up. I have seen what can happen from running cheap gas aka 85 octane at this elevation. So untill you can prove that it doesnt cause any problems its still an option weither you think so or not.

Chris Titus

Quote Originally Posted by Tipys View Post
    Just cause it will work doesnt mean its not going to have carbon build up. I have seen what can happen from running cheap gas aka 85 octane at this elevation. So untill you can prove that it doesnt cause any problems its still an option weither you think so or not.
    This has already been proven, therefore it is a fact. Look it up.

My statement is based on published research, not something I pulled out of my ass.

I suggest you guys do some research on what octane does before you state your "opinions."
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R

If its published fact why dont you post a link. Me im not going to believe something that has been printed on paper that I have seen for myself. Oh and I didnt pull anything out of my ass. I never said what I was saying was fact just what I have seen. So untill you prove it yourself its still an option.

Its Like This. Say a BBQ place says on the wall that its the best BBQ in colorado just cause its writen on the wall doesnt make it fact.

Also if it is Dyno results that is there way of of saying its fact. You can control what a dyno is going to say. So im done reading peoples options on what they think is fact so im not gonna check this thread agian.

Chris Titus

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

I would suggest useing (gulp) shell gas in any flavor in your bike. It really is better fuel.

But the western stations is a close second and is usually cheaper.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

thread jacked lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tipys View Post
    If its published fact why dont you post a link. Me im not going to believe something that has been printed on paper that I have seen for myself. Oh and I didnt pull anything out of my ass. I never said what I was saying was fact just what I have seen. So untill you prove it yourself its still an option.

Its Like This. Say a BBQ place says on the wall that its the best BBQ in colorado just cause its writen on the wall doesnt make it fact.

Also if it is Dyno results that is there way of of saying its fact. You can control what a dyno is going to say. So im done reading peoples options on what they think is fact so im not gonna check this thread agian.
    WTF? You're not making any sense.
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R

Board Newbie

Here is a good link for this thread to read:

If my CBR calls for Premium...that is what it will get. I tried this in my Audi 1.8T with a 1/2 tank of 91 and the other half with 87 octane. In 33K miles, this has been the worse fuel mileage on a tank of gas recorded. I think I will go with dapper and Tipys on this one...

http://engineguy.wordpress.com/2007/...gh-octane-gas/

06' CBR 1000RR-Arata Titanium/ with wrapped headers, DNA filter, Afam/DID 520, CRG shorty levers, Powers Stuntworks Race Rails.
    06' YFZ 450 GYTR- Piped/ spark arrestor & jetted...a few AC parts.
    08' YZ 450F- Stock/ spark arrestor..doesn't need mods

All of you are missing the point of my original post. utsv650 asked if 85 octane will work in his bike and I said AT THIS ALTITUDE it will.

Octane ratings around here are 85 for regular, 87 for mid grade, and 91 for premium.

At sea level octane ratings are 2 points higher at 87, 89, and 93.

If using 85 octane gas in a bike set up to run regular unleaded were bad, then it would stand to reason that using 91 octane would cause problems with a bike set up to run premium since premium is 93 octane at sea level. No one seems to be bitching about premium only being 91 octane around here.

I run premium in my R6 because the manual calls for it. I run regular in my car and Seca because that's what the manuals recommend. AT THIS ALTITUDE, regular is 85 octane and works fine. At sea level, regular is 87 and works fine. There is no need to run mid-grade in an engine setup to run regular.

Check the Regional Variations section of this link for a detailed explanation regular is 85 octane in Colorado: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R

Quote Originally Posted by utsv650 View Post
    now lets just be clear (in lame noBAMA voice) ... ive july 2007... i just moved from Tampa to Denver.. and finally got it shipped up here ...
    welcome man! my wife janice and i moved out here from Tampa back in '92. mosquitos are rare around here, although vicious as back home when you do find them. practically no fleas though, so if you have pets, that's like a huge deal. :-)

we lived mostly in south tampa, near bayshore & bay-to-bay, or near westshore. janice grew up in north tampa and i grew up mostly in Saint Petersburg, went to Eckerd College, blah blah blah. :-) i'm sure you'll dig the dryness and moderate climate here. nice to see somebody from home. i really have just one question:

DID YOU BRING ANY JIMBO'S BBQ WITH YOU? :-)

[EDIT: DOH ok i see from your other thread you were talking about LAST Sunday, no worries :-) glad you had a good ride]

welcome to colorado man

--robert
    Last edited by 2wheelsgood; Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 at 03:59 PM.

im still thinking about riding this weekend.. maybe soapbox derby on saturday at red rocks... then a ride sunday since its still nice ish out...

i ate jimbos on my drive up here... yay take away boxes...

did they call it CAMP ECKERD then too?

i jsut finished up at UT. im now head athletic trainer at denver west high school.

i lived at kennedy and westshore... know the area quite well!

my asthma loved the humidity, but i sure did miss being able to run outside and especially in the cold and not come home drenched in sweat!... this vented mesh textile jacket is not going to cut it though lol

Quote Originally Posted by utsv650 View Post
    im still thinking about riding this weekend.. maybe soapbox derby on saturday at red rocks... then a ride sunday since its still nice ish out...

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...645#post371645

Keep an eye on this thread....try and ride with the Northies this Sunday!
    For My Diavan

Let's see...

Regular unleaded costs $2.79/gal now in Morrison. Premium is $2.99/gal. I fill up my CBR with what, 3.6 gallons? That's a whopping difference of 72 cents per tank.

For shit's sake, it's a MOTORCYCLE, not some stupid 40-gallon SUV! You do what you like, but a few cents a week won't stop me from feeding mine premium like the manual says.

You both have wasted more energy arguing about it than your bikes would burn in the same amount of time. Just go ride, already; everything will be all better then.

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bikernoj View Post
    Let's see...

Regular unleaded costs $2.79/gal now in Morrison. Premium is $2.99/gal. I fill up my CBR with what, 3.6 gallons? That's a whopping difference of 72 cents per tank.

For shit's sake, it's a MOTORCYCLE, not some stupid 40-gallon SUV! You do what you like, but a few cents a week won't stop me from feeding mine premium like the manual says.

You both have wasted more energy arguing about it than your bikes would burn in the same amount of time. Just go ride, already; everything will be all better then.
    YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!

We will argue about the stupidest ship until that cows come home.

BTW when are you going riding again?
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson