Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just killed on 74

Just killed on 74

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...ahoo_headlines

Are all CSCers safe and accounted for?
    "That which does not kill you only postpones the inevitable."

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Re: Just killed on 74

It must have been pretty bad, they had morrison shut down just after the 2nd Red Rocks entrance and were turning everybody around.

RIP rider
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

wow.... RIP.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

RIP Connor.
    Last edited by SamuraiX; Mon Oct 20th, 2008 at 07:42 PM.

-Dedicated to all of those with BIG egos.

I just did that road yesterday, man that sucks. RIP
    Yellow and Silver K7 1000
    M4 GP Exhaust, PCIII, Galfer SS Brakes lines F&R, Puig DB Screen, Bikelitz Fender eliminator

They just had this on Fox News.

All they said was the rider hit an Audi that was trying to turn. It was very vague in that they didn't say whether or the car pulled out in front of the bike.

RIP
    2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 (SOLD)
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Stupidity should be painful.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Yeah, pretty, vague. Probably typical car making a left turn killing a biker.

RIP rider, Godspeed.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

bad year...
    RIP rider...
    wrote that far too many times
    Hey! I'm unique... just like everybody else

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Vess View Post
    They just had this on Fox News.

All they said was the rider hit an Audi that was trying to turn. It was very vague in that they didn't say whether or the car pulled out in front of the bike.

RIP
    It sounds like the car did turn left in front of the bike ...legally ...as in making a left turn.

"An Audi sedan was traveling west and had stopped to make a lefthand turn. The motorcyle was a few cars behind. The motorcycle swung out to pass the other cars and the stopped Audi, then braked hard and started a skid before hitting the back of the Audi."

Sometimes you only get one chance to make a bad decision. RIP
    "That which does not kill you only postpones the inevitable."

RIP rider..
    11 BMW S 1000 RR

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Update:

Boulder motorcyclist killed in Jeffco crash
    By Rocky Mountain News
    Sunday, October 19, 2008
    A Boulder man died this morning after the motorcycle he was driving hit an Audi sedan on Colorado 74 in Jefferson County, the Colorado State Patrol reported.
    The accident occurred around 9:45 a.m. about five miles west of Morrison. The motorcycle was a few cars behind the Audi, which was stopped as the driver was preparing to turn left. The motorcyclist attempted to pass the stopped cars as the Audi’s driver started to turn, according to the state patrol.
    The motorcyclist braked hard and the motorcycle went sideways before colliding with the Audi. The man, who was wearing a helmet, and was pronounced dead at the scene.
    The Audi’s driver wasn’t injured and a passenger suffered minor injuries, according to the state patrol.
    The name of motorcyclist was withheld pending notification of his family.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

EDIT - I guess there was no female passenger like the article stated.

RIP hope the family/friends are doing ok, thoughts out to the passenger, has to be pretty tramatic for her.
    Last edited by Slo; Mon Oct 20th, 2008 at 10:32 AM.

Man, I hate to hear about this stuff, especially when it's rider error.
    08 CBR 1KRR RED
    Lots of goodies, more to come
    06 Big Dog K9 custom

Ok guys, I was on this ride.

This was not a planned ride, just 5 of us who met at MoCo looking for a ride. A few of us are CSC members but I'm not sure about Connor, who died on the scene.

Everyone was in great spirits, looking forward to the great day of riding ahead of us. I had just met Connor at 9:15am, and what really stood out for me was what a friendly and polite guy Connor was, he gave off really good vibes.

He told me he bought his 03' 600RR brand new and had around 10k miles on it, and was looking to get a new liter bike in the future.

I suggested we hit up Deckers, so we loft Moco about 9:30 with myself being the lead rider. We did not do any pre-ride rules on passing or anything, I wish we had.

I couple miles west of Moco, I came across a lone car and decided to pass, the car then pulled over and the group was all together again.

Another mile or two, we came across 5-6 cars, I decided not to pass with the heavy traffic for obvious reasons. There is a strait away another couple miles up, and I new we could pass there. I was just thinking to myself the group might be getting antsy when I heard the scream of Connors CBR.

He decided to come from the very back of the pack, pass the group and the then the few other cars in front of me. He didn't see the Audi slow to start the turn until it was too late. He was on the oppisite lane passing when he collided with her.

It looked like he hit the brakes a hundred yards before inpact but it didn't help much, as you can imagine, the impact was incredibly horrible and violent. The audi seemed to jump 3 feet in the air from the rear.

Just to clarify, he was riding alone, the passenger who was injured was in the car.

It was a nightmare, dead silence as we all pulled over. I'm no expert, but he appered to be dead instantly.

Someone called 911, there were quite a few people there riding bicycles, and stopped cars, everyone wide eyed and trying to come to termes with what we were seeing. A SUV pulled over, and a women hopped out, the driver told us that she is a Doctor. She started looking for signs of life, along with Connors lifelong friend, who was also riding with us.

Another minute or two and emergency care started to arrive. They attemped to revieve him, but after 15 minutes or so they pronounced him dead. Everything started to slow down at that point as the police started taking statements.

Horrible day. RIP

Sounds like there wasn't anything you could do, just a shame that we lost another rider. I think many people are getting antsy since it's coming to the end of the good season.

I know exactly where this happened as we almost had the exact same thing happen to a couple riders at the front our pack on Saturday. Horrible way to end a tough season.

RIP Connor.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbound View Post
    Ok guys, I was on this ride.

This was not a planned ride, just 5 of us who met at MoCo looking for a ride. A few of us are CSC members but I'm not sure about Connor, who died on the scene.

Everyone was in great spirits, looking forward to the great day of riding ahead of us. I had just met Connor at 9:15am, and what really stood out for me was what a friendly and polite guy Connor was, he gave off really good vibes.

He told me he bought his 03' 600RR brand new and had around 10k miles on it, and was looking to get a new liter bike in the future.

I suggested we hit up Deckers, so we loft Moco about 9:30 with myself being the lead rider. We did not do any pre-ride rules on passing or anything, I wish we had.

I couple miles west of Moco, I came across a lone car and decided to pass, the car then pulled over and the group was all together again.

Another mile or two, we came across 5-6 cars, I decided not to pass with the heavy traffic for obvious reasons. There is a strait away another couple miles up, and I new we could pass there. I was just thinking to myself the group might be getting antsy when I heard the scream of Connors CBR.

He decided to come from the very back of the pack, pass the group and the then the few other cars in front of me. He didn't see the Audi slow to start the turn until it was too late. He was on the oppisite lane passing when he collided with her.

It looked like he hit the brakes a hundred yards before inpact but it didn't help much, as you can imagine, the impact was incredibly horrible and violent. The audi seemed to jump 3 feet in the air from the rear.

Just to clarify, he was riding alone, the passenger who was injured was in the car.

It was a nightmare, dead silence as we all pulled over. I'm no expert, but he appered to be dead instantly.

Someone called 911, there were quite a few people there riding bicycles, and stopped cars, everyone wide eyed and trying to come to termes with what we were seeing. A SUV pulled over, and a women hopped out, the driver told us that she is a Doctor. She started looking for signs of life, along with Connors lifelong friend, who was also riding with us.

Another minute or two and emergency care started to arrive. They attemped to revieve him, but after 15 minutes or so they pronounced him dead. Everything started to slow down at that point as the police started taking statements.

Horrible day. RIP
    RIP -- Conner. I'm sorry you had to experience this. You are not alone as I experienced the loss of an acquaintance on Tennessee Pass in 1998. Pre-ride talks should be a requirement.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

RIP Connor.....
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Dissconected from this world

rip connor...

RIP Connor and I am sorry you had to go through this. I too have been through a very similar experience so I know how traumatic it can be. Dont place blame on yourself...my best goes out to the rider and his family and friends.
    For My Diavan

Thanks for the information Vegasbound. I agree that this is a very good example of how important it is to take a minute or two to get everyone on the same page.

RIP Conner!!!
    www.onthemarcphotography.com

Another terrible story...so sorry to hear this.

My prayers are with the family and friends.

RIP Connor
    Silly Boys Gixxers Are For Girls!!!

To the friends that I have lost Bryan, Kris, Thor, Matt, Nick, and Gene you will never be forgotten! I love you!

myspace.com/gsxr_lover_t

Horrible news

RIP Connor
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM