View Poll Results: Have you ever been stung by a bee while riding?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's happened to me more than once.

29 31.18%
  • Yes.

22 23.66%
  • No, but had a close call and narrowly escaped getting stung.

19 20.43%
  • No (not yet?).

23 24.73%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever been stung by a bee while riding?

Re: Ever been stung by a bee while riding?

i have been stung by 2 bees while riding. the first time it got in my shirt and stung me 7 times around my belly button. the BAD time was when i was riding without a helmet once and somehow it managed to go up my NOSE and stung me inside. that one hurt like hell and i had to pull over for 15 or so minutes cause i couldnt see cause my eyes were watering so badly.
    Last edited by jimwallace; Tue Oct 21st, 2008 at 08:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    and you did it!

the rest of us were just thinking it.

http://www.myspace.com/adrenalineaddiction24

01 zx9r
    99 r6 (race bike)

only once

leaving work I had my facemask open and felt something hit the side of my face.. few seconds later i felt something making its way towards my ear and I freaked out at 70mph on hwy 36..

ever since I was 12 in Texas where I witnessed my cousin get sent to the ER after a june bug lodged itself deep in his ear canal i've had this real bad thing about bugs coming near my ears so I took my sunglasses and started stabbing back there hoping to kill whatever stupid fly had survived the initial impact of my face.

turns out it was a yellow jacket and he didn't appreciate the sunglass thing so by the time I got pulled over and ripped my helmet off he'd done quite a nice job on the side of my head.
    - Jeff

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

It's never happened to me, but an old buddy pulled his shorts to the side once to air out the jewels on a hot summer day in the SoCal desert (on the way to Lake Isabella) and......got stung on his left nut! I didn't see it but the guy riding next to it saw it and saw Brian almost go into the ditch. I still really didn't believe it until one day years later when me and a different buddy went riding to the same lake.....and when we stopped for a beer a bee was stuck stinger first in his belt right above his nutz! At that point, I figured what happened to Brian had to be true, especially with the witness. Luckily, nothing like that has ever happened to me.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by 64BonnieLass View Post
    My right breast got bigger (not a good thing) and he died.

The end.
    That's NOT a good thing?!?!
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

ride them bitches
    be nice till it's time to no longer be nice

I had a close call i was downtown with my face shield up and something hit my face than i heard it buzzing around my ear, it was very ticklish i pulled over took my helmet off and there was the bee flopping around.

Member Lifetime Supporter CBRSue's Avatar

Yup, been stung a few times while riding. Had the critters get me on my arm, my neck and the chest region, too.
    Susan

New one. Rita and I went on a short ride this past Saturday. We came down lookout road and made a left on 93. When we got to 6, we stopped at the light. I had flipped up my shield. When the light changed, just as I took off a bee landed on the liner above my left eye. I tried to shoo him out but he was taking up residence. I pulled over at the wide spot before it went to one lane and carefully shook him out.

No sting though.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    It happened to me Saturday morning coming into Palmer lake from Monument... shocked the hell outta me! I now have a nice red welt on my neck!

I know there have been a few threads by people who have gotten stung, but I figured why not start a collective thread & see how common this actually is.
    I haven't been stung yet, But while riding to Denver once, I had my visor up, and big bumble bee splattered on my shades! LOL!
    Every man dies..
    Not every man really Lives...

www.myspace.com/5thdynasty

Yes! About two months ago while going to Deckers with the wife on the back. The little bugger got me on the inside of my left thigh. I felt a sting and grabbed the area trying to kill it and then it got me again. I think it was inside my pants. The area swelled up and hurt and itched like crazy. I still have a small welt and it still itches a little bit. That bug had some powerful juice! I'm sure glad it was not a few inches higher or the family jewels would have been involved as well.

Stung next to my eye and on the tata. Both this summer within a month of one another.

Leah
    05 Raven R1
    01 YZ250F

This doesn't involve riding, but I was so lucky I had to pass it on.

I got laser eye surgery two weeks ago. The day after the surgery I couldn't really see very clearly, but I could see enough to get around. I noticed something on my carpet that looked like a small leaf or something, so I decided to pick it up and throw it away.

After I grabbed it I could feel it wiggling between my fingers and when I held it close to my face I could see it was a very pissed off hornet. It was trying to sting me, but I was holding it in such a way that it couldn't.

Talk about lucky.
    2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 (SOLD)
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Stupidity should be painful.

I've had one fly/get caught in my jacket when i had the zipper only halfway shut.
    The worst bug encounter I've had was hitting one. I swear it was a 3" long black hornet, only got a very brief glimpse before impact. I had on my MX helmet with goggles and my gf on back with my street lid. It hit the edge of the goggle port on my helmet, hard enough my head snapped around 90 degrees. The sides of both helmets looked like I got shot with a paintball and the gf got the overspray, and the kicker to all this was I had just crossed an intersection and was going maybe, maybe 25mph. I seriously thought it was a flippin' bird as hard as it hit.
    Eric
    CSBA#477
    00 Triumph Sprint RS
    www.cocsba.com

I had a close call a few months ago. I was riding up 67 at a pretty fast pace an some how a huge yellow jacket managed to land on top of my gage cluster up under the wind screen an just sat there for about 10 miles. I didn't want to mess with him because I'm allergic to bee's, but I needed to do something because it seemed as if he had no plans on leaving any time soon.I should have just pulled off an let him fly away but for some reason I was thinking if I could get him to fly out from under the wind screen the wind would take him away.. I was right it did just not in the direction I was hoping for. As soon as the bee caught wind he flew right into my jacket at the neck. It scared the sh** out of me but some how he managed to find his way out of my jacket with out stinging me.
    I lucked out that day next time Ill make sure my jacket is zipped up before I go messing with bee's in the wind.
    When in doubt...Pull it out.

I've been riding for awhile and have yet to have any negative encounters with em (knock on wood)....however on 36 heading back to boudler from lyons my buddy pulled over all of a sudden and was doing stretch like motions while jumping up and down before trying to rip his leather suit off as fast as possible.

I was laughing my arse off because his suit was a little tight and he couldn't get his arms out very easily and was flailing about wildly.

Aparently the bee/wasp had gotten into his boot and was stinging the hell out of his foot. One of the funniest situations I'de have ever seen.

OMG! I had no idea this was such a common occurrence. I got stung right in the side. At first I thought it was just a rock that someone in front of me kicked up until the stinging didn't go away! (yes I was riding without a jacket) When we pulled over a little while later I pulled my shirt out of my pants and the dead bee fell out
    The time to hesitate is through
    No time to wallow in the mire
    Try now we can only lose
    And our love become a funeral pyre

07 cbr600rr - cookie
    02 yzf600r - sold