36. You may not vote on this poll
  • '07/08 Tundra

26 72.22%
  • '07/08 Titan

10 27.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tundra or Titan?

Question Tundra or Titan?

Those who have comparison info between the '07/'08 Tundra vs. Titan. What would be your pick and why? On the older models I would definitely go Titan, but everything I've heard about the new Tundra's sounds pretty impressive.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Re: Tundra or Titan?

Toyota has been Taliban tested.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

I own a 2005 Titan and have to say that it's one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. Mileage is respectable if I don't drive it like a hot rod (I can get 20MPG if I'm careful). Power is extremely good, handling and ride are very good and the seats are comfortable. Overall I've been very impressed, and I've now driven it 82,000 miles. Routine maintenance is all that's been required.

Things that could use improvement: The door design causes a bunch of wind noise in STRONG cross winds.

The exterior mirrors have started to rattle in the last 5000 miles (truck now has 106K on it)

Other than those small issues it's an outstanding vehicle and I would buy another one.

Scott

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

I had similar experiences with my old Tundra.

All in all, I think it's really a matter of personal preference. Drive both and see which one you like better. Both are great trucks.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Tundra, the new one is sweet for sure
    08 CBR 1KRR RED
    Lots of goodies, more to come
    06 Big Dog K9 custom

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Why do you hate America?

Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

You can't really go wrong with a Toyota, they last forever!

Site Admin

Both of these trucks are built in America.

I'm a toyota girl myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sortarican View Post
    Why do you hate America?

there probably more american then ford or chevy anymore
    Danny

Why do you hate Mexico?
    Quote Originally Posted by RYBO View Post
    Both of these trucks are built in America.
    Quote Originally Posted by dchd1130 View Post
    there probably more american then ford or chevy anymore

^^^ Fixed it.
    Last edited by Sortarican; Tue Oct 21st, 2008 at 02:31 PM.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

^^^ Fixed it.
    because of the water
    Danny

What I don't understand is how GM, Ford, and Mopar can't afford to keep factories open, and the cars/trucks they designed are built out of the country cheaper then would be here, and Toyota is expanding and opening up new facilities and Americans are building these cars/trucks. WTF!

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Big-J View Post
    What I don't understand is how GM, Ford, and Mopar can't afford to keep factories open, and the cars/trucks they designed are built out of the country cheaper then would be here, and Toyota is expanding and opening up new facilities and Americans are building these cars/trucks. WTF!
    It's really all about unionization and the pension payables in the big 3's future. Toyota has been extremely successful in keeping the unions out of their business.

The big 3 have future pension and medical care payments that are staggering and have to keep either their costs low or their profits high to overcome the future payables. (overhead). They have been extremely unsuccessful in having a reasonable profit margin, so have to reduce the size of the workforce and the infrastructure in order to keep costs low.

Say what you want about Unions, I know they have served a purpose, but they are presently killing both the auto and the airline industries in our country.
    s

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO View Post
    It's really all about unionization and the pension payables in the big 3's future. Toyota has been extremely successful in keeping the unions out of their business.

The big 3 have future pension and medical care payments that are staggering and have to keep either their costs low or their profits high to overcome the future payables. (overhead). They have been extremely unsuccessful in having a reasonable profit margin, so have to reduce the size of the workforce and the infrastructure in order to keep costs low.

Say what you want about Unions, I know they have served a purpose, but they are presently killing both the auto and the airline industries in our country.
    s
    You beat me to it
    Danny

Why do you hate America?
    nice. Actually I just sold my piece of America that I owned since 02' It was a great truck, but diesels are cranky on cold mornings and with fuel prices where they are now it just makes more sense to go w/ something a bit smaller that uses gas. It won't be as much fun to drive or have the power, but I don't own a big trailer and the trade will be worth it. I'm ready for that new car smell and I don't think that an F150/Ram 1500/GM 6.0 have what I'm looking for even though they are all decent.
    I got my fun out of the other one..

Last edited by InlineSIX24; Tue Oct 21st, 2008 at 04:22 PM.

Honda Civic.

You can haul anything you need to (as long as you don't mind being mocked on the internet for all eternity).
    1989 Honda Hawk,2005 crf250x supermoto

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser

Quote Originally Posted by Filo View Post
    Honda Civic.
    You can haul anything you need to (as long as you don't mind being mocked on the internet for all eternity).
    There ya go:

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by InlineSIX24 View Post
    nice. Actually I just sold my piece of America that I owned since 02' It was a great truck, but diesels are cranky on cold mornings and with fuel prices where they are now it just makes more sense to go w/ something a bit smaller that uses gas. It won't be as much fun to drive or have the power, but I don't own a big trailer and the trade will be worth it. I'm ready for that new car smell and I don't think that an F150/Ram 1500/GM 6.0 have what I'm looking for even though they are all decent.
    I got my fun out of the other one..

Dude! That thing smokes like a Hardley!
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

I didn't drive the Titan but sat in it, but I did the Tundra and I REALLY liked the CrewMax with the 5.7L V8. Suh WHEET! Great motor. the only drawback is a non-mechanical locking rear diff like the GM/Chivvy has.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Dude! That thing smokes like a Hardley!
    And then some. If you turn the fuel up all the way it will stop both lanes of traffic on the highway. I like the crewmax also. Tough decision. I believe the crewmax actually has a bit lower tow weight rating vs. the regular extended cab, but I do like the 5.7L

Like scott said,

I have an 06 LE and LOVE it. Awesome power and there are some mods out there that are pretty simple/easy/cheap.

As for MPG - 12.5-14 city depending on foot, and I have gotten 18/19 mpg on highway, but 16.5 average.

Those who have comparison info between the '07/'08 Tundra vs. Titan. What would be your pick and why? On the older models I would definitely go Titan, but everything I've heard about the new Tundra's sounds pretty impressive.
    Just go get another Cummins(the new 6.7L is badass) dude. Believe me, you'll thank yourself in the long run and have a way better truck as well. If you ever do get something that is heavy or big, you'll be chuckin all the way home when you romp on the Cummins.

but if you have to have one of the weenie trucks. Get the Tundra, looks tough and has a stout motor. Plus have you looked at the rear end and axle on the Titan. Looks like two #2 pencils poked into a tennis ball. It just strikes me as weaksauce.

As far as fuel prices are concerned with the tumble of fuel prices now, it would only be in your best interest to get another Diesel. If the prices stay where they are, several in the Wall Street Journal are expecting us to stay in the 70's for a barrel of oil well into next year(even during summer, they're betting on drastic slowdown in demand). Even if OPEC decides to quit producing, they demand is very low now.

What's the Diesel prices in Denver now?? Here in Colorado Springs, cheapest I've found is $3.35(as of today) and in Woodland Park, it's around $3.15 a gallon. Gas here has also hit the $2.60ish territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly boy View Post
    Like scott said,

I have an 06 LE and LOVE it. Awesome power and there are some mods out there that are pretty simple/easy/cheap.

As for MPG - 12.5-14 city depending on foot, and I have gotten 18/19 mpg on highway, but 16.5 average.
    That's not that great for fuel mileage in town. Highway is down too. Depends on your mods and your driving though.

My Silverado with duals, CAI gets between 15-19mpg in town. I've never gotten much of a highway figure for it, only places I've really gone are out East and to Denver. I easily get into the low 20's with it. All this and not driving like a grandpa, but driving conservatively.

Which is why I've wanted a diesel(mainly Cummins) for so long. I know guys with stock Cummins getting 18-21mpg in town. Only Duramax I know of that gets good my friends 01, he's got it chipped, CAI and exhaust. In economy mode he can manage 22-23mpg in town.

Downside to diesel are the maintenance cost and fuel prices tend to be .40 to .60 cents higher then 91 octane, which is a real bummer.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

And then some. If you turn the fuel up all the way it will stop both lanes of traffic on the highway.
    It also makes girls scream....
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you