View Poll Results: What do you tip the pizza delivery guy?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • $2.00

13 23.64%
  • $3.00

12 21.82%
  • $4.00

13 23.64%
  • $5.00 or more

12 21.82%
  • Other amount

5 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pizza Delivery - What Do You Tip?

Pizza Delivery - What Do You Tip?

So, most places have a BS "delivery charge" of around $1.40 - $1.80 when you order online. When all is said and done... pizza cost, tax, and delivery charge, what do you give the driver for tip these days?

This poll is more for me to consider whether or not I need to up my tips than anything else.

Re: Pizza Delivery - What Do You Tip?

PS: Assume a typical order of 1-3 medium/large pizzas. Obviously bigger tips are required on huge party orders.

i delivered pizzas for a few months last year, so from a delivery guys view, $2 is pretty standard, anything less than a dollar is just an insult.... lol..

06 DR650SE

Seriously? We're polling on how much to tip the pizza delivery guy already?

FAUK!!!

It's gonna be a LOOOOONG winter!!!!
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Give the guy a $10 spot and tell him to buy somethin' nice for the little woman.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Tip him 20% minimum because he knows where you live?
    "6 pairs of kicks is my definition of 12 steps"

I can inhale a large 3 topping pizza in short order, all by my self at the end of the day so I just give them a $20 and tell them to keep the change. Of course I always seem to have coupons as well. Maybe they remember, maybe they don't, but my Pizza is always hot and fresh.

To the pizza delivery personnel among us: Do you remember your regular customers? Does tipping really make a difference?

Announcer On Radio: Eyewitnesses say that the bees are yellow and black, and dress much the way Eli Wallach did in the movie "The Magnificant Seven". The bees are also overweight..
    Chevy Chase: Wait a minute.. you must be..
    Elliot Gould: That's right, gringo.. the Killer Bees.

Don't have pizza delivered. So far we haven't found any good delivery pizza and we don't eat enough to justify it. Occasionally we have Chinese delivered but that's every couple of months. And it's generally 20% of the order.

We do go to Nick and Willies or Anthony's from time to time.

Sorry I can't be of help.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

Papa Murphys FTW

Quote Originally Posted by King Nothing View Post
    Papa Murphys FTW
    +1000 !!!Try the Chicago Style Stuffed pizza!!!
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Quote Originally Posted by DanFZ1 View Post
    To the pizza delivery personnel among us: Do you remember your regular customers? Does tipping really make a difference?
    i remembered regular customers, and if they tipped well id remember what they needed, like extra parm cheese, peppers, etc, might even cop a ranch or garlic butter sauce on the way out if i know they like it..... BUT you are more apt to get remembered if you leave no tip or a shitty tip. those are the orders that get left sitting on the rack ready to go because nobody wants to take them.... lol

06 DR650SE

Gotta help them out, I am a generous tipper, always leave more than 20% unless service really sux. Our pizza kid has been at it a year now, going to Community College and schlepping pizza's to get by, he always comes in and pets the dogs, knows by our order if all the kids are at the house, comments on the yard, great kid.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

10%... maybe a bit more

I delivered pizza's right after high school (so, "back in the day"... and when delivery was free), and my boss told me to expect an average of 10%... some would tip more, some would tip less, but it usually averaged out to 10%.

Regular customers are remembered, and big "party" orders do not always mean a bigger tip... I had a $41-and-change order (remember, this was "back in the day", so this was a BIG order), and it was on the far outskirts of town... Fucker gave me $42 and told me to keep the change.
    Last edited by Spiderman; Wed Oct 22nd, 2008 at 08:59 AM. Reason: added "maybe a bit more" to 10%
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thatmofo View Post
    Tip him 20% minimum because he knows where you live?
    +1 20% or $3 minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by DanFZ1 View Post
    When I was younger I worked several places doing pie delivery.
    I've had guns and knives pulled on me, people try to steal my car, bogus joke orders (pizza for I.C. Weiner), braved the worst bizzards,
    and dodged deadly traffic on a daily basis.
    A waitress only walks across the fucking room and most people tip at least 10-15%.

And yes we remember you.
    If you're a regular and a good tipper you will have drivers fighting over your order and it will be the first one delivered on the loop.

There was a German nanny that used to order a pie every day for lunch and would actually wait for her 10 cents change.
    We all used to Roshambo for who had to deliver her.
    We all wondered if she was aware of the tipping concept so finally I asked her one day.
    She gave me the nasty Nazi hairy eyeball and spat back "Yezzzzzzz".
    Then pocketed her ten cents and slammed the door....She got sneeze pizza from everyone after that.

Worst order ever, Christmas Eve, in a blizzard, had to park outside their cul de sac and walk like 15 pizzas up to their house on 3 trips.
    Paid with a check for exact amount, no tip. I told the guy to never order from us again.
    He called the manager to bitch who told him it was due to the walk not being shoveled etc.,
    but we put his address down in the system as a deadbeat do not deliver.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    So, most places have a BS "delivery charge" of around $1.40 - $1.80 when you order online. When all is said and done... pizza cost, tax, and delivery charge, what do you give the driver for tip these days?

This poll is more for me to consider whether or not I need to up my tips than anything else.

They do this because there a TON OF CHEAP ASS MOTHERFUCKERS ordering pizzas.

3 years ago I was on hard times and worked 60+ hours a week between two jobs (one was Black Jack Pizza delivery).

So many times I was stiffed on a tip, by a jackass with a check or the exact amount. This was mostly from homes that were Million Dollar homes in the 17th ave (Park Hill) area and Hill Top. House poor rich people.

The best tips were from Hispanic families near Peoria and Clofax.
    Why? Because they know what it is like to work for tips and they tip well for good service.

So adding the charge is something that keeps the turn over of drivers lower.

BTW. The pizza delivery employees REMEMBER cheap jerks and will either
    desecrate your pie, or put you at back of the delivery pile.

Jeff made a good point....
    Waitresses only carry your food.
    Delivery people...Well. We took the orders, made the pies, washed the dishes, and made the deliveries.
    Last edited by puckstr; Wed Oct 22nd, 2008 at 08:31 AM.
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

Quote Originally Posted by puckstr View Post
    So many times I was stiffed on a tip, by a jackass with a check or the exact amount. This was mostly from homes that were Million Dollar homes in the 17th ave (Park Hill) area and Hill Top....
    Noticed the same thing.
    On average, the nicer the house, the lesser the tip.

Best tippers, waitresses and strippers.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

Oh I forgot. There was always a huge pizza order on Sundays.
    It was to the Temple in Lowry area.

Ha Ha Ha the new guys would always fight over the run.
    We would wait to see there faces when they returned....

So where is the tip??? Ha Ha they pay with a check and NO TIP.

I'm always a good tipper but I don't get pizza delivered very much.

I'm spoiled for life due to growing up in eastern Ohio in an area that has arguably, the best pizza in the nation. If I were still living back there I'd weigh 300 pounds and would have deliveries 2 or more times a week.

Usually a $2 min, unless conditions are shit (which is usually when & why I'm ordering pie anyway) in which case I'll add on up to 3 bucks ($5 total for all you math whizzes). If you've gotta go through the rain, sleet, snow, & dobermans that I didn't want to, then you get an extra couple for your troubles
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCBX View Post
    ..I'm spoiled for life due to growing up in eastern Ohio in an area that has arguably, the best pizza in the nation...
    Very arguable......but I have had good pizza in Ohio.
    (Wait...Chris is from Ohio. I take that back then, nothing good has ever come out of Ohio.)

Best pie? NYC, Philly, Chicago.
    Last edited by Sortarican; Wed Oct 22nd, 2008 at 09:20 AM.

NYC FTW

I had a kick ass pie in a dive in Time Square

AKA "Devaclis"

Best pie, NY. If you say otherwise you have never had it. And you are smelly.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

mmmm pizza... DO WANT
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

my best tip was $90....... a huge $450 order for one of the office buildings on new years eve... was paid with a corp credit card and some lackey picked it up and said, 20% tip sound good? and wrote it in .... sweeeeeeeeeet

06 DR650SE