Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: IMI Saturday the 25th

Re: IMI Saturday the 25th

Quote Originally Posted by mcg_916 View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by schwagman
    Well not the monkey fuck super dork with total disregard for anyones safety

lol.... its a race track bro, get over it. he was hardly doing anything that was dangerous to other riders and if youre finding him all that distracting you should probably learn to not fixate on the riders in front of you. he had steady lines and he even waved me past him when i was approaching .
    i see where youre coming from tho, the first time i saw him i had a little wtf moment while he was doing his super man style. lmao but its his $35 so let him do w/e he wants yeah?
    I'll disagree with you on this. Race track or not, his cash or not, if his distraction caused an accident you'd bite your tongue. Make all the accusations you want pertaining to the riding ability of those distracted and the fixation issues that may need to be extinguished but we all go to the track to be surrounded by like minded individuals in an environment that encourages growth and skill improvement.

I enjoyed following Sal (for the nano second that I could) because I tried to mimic his position and lines, an asshat doing a superman belongs with the rental carts.
    08 CBR 1KRR RED
    Lots of goodies, more to come
    06 Big Dog K9 custom

nice pictures bear, looks like you two were beating that tracks little ass
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sky_blue View Post

Thanks Jen!!!

And as for Patrick...now I get it. I mean, I know we see it all the time with racer photos and MotoGP races, etc., but seeing someone actually do what he described makes a whole lot of sense. It helps to compare where my body position was in the photos to what you had said I should try to get to.

No excuses, but it would probably do me a world of good if I wasn't trying to match that body position on the Zed. But, I'm still gonna keep trying.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Thanks, Cathy!!

Quote Originally Posted by chad23 View Post
    nice pictures bear, looks like you two were beating that tracks little ass
    It almost kicked mine, actually! The tire slid out once on a left hander; but that wasn't the doozy.

My knee puck (before I turned it around to continue riding) had actually worn to the point of no return - and I dragged a combination of leather and velcrow. At that point, my entire knee got caught on the pavement, and unsettled the bike something aweful. Realized I wasn't going to finish out the turn - had to stand it up and drive through the dirt. No going down though, at least I learned something from the last time I went down

ill agree that pulling stuff like that doesnt really belong on racetrack, but i dont even think what he was doing deserves to be mentioned, well maybe for a laugh of two. a few people seem to be getting quite worked up over it ( although i could just be reading too much into the insults). i dont agree with the idea that him doing stuff like that is dangerous to other riders. some of the younger and more reckless riders will wizz be you and run your ass right off the track with no regards for you but like i said in my first post, "its a race track." and for the record i am NOT that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by fullgrownbear View Post
    It almost kicked mine, actually! The tire slid out once on a left hander; but that wasn't the doozy.

My knee puck (before I turned it around to continue riding) had actually worn to the point of no return - and I dragged a combination of leather and velcrow. At that point, my entire knee got caught on the pavement, and unsettled the bike something aweful. Realized I wasn't going to finish out the turn - had to stand it up and drive through the dirt. No going down though, at least I learned something from the last time I went down
    Gotta love that self induced pucker. Good to hear that you rode that out.
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Quote Originally Posted by PROFLYER View Post
    Not sure who he was, out there in a helmet, a textile jacket and khaki cargo pants...he was riding an FZ1.

???? Nice form here, actually.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Yeah, the one thing that got me was looking at the track and seeing this guy ride by sitting on his tank. That's what made me shake my head.

But later in the day, after being "talked to", he was out there on the track and riding like that pic shows. I guess some people, you just need to "sweet talk". He also came over to us after riding well and seemed to want to chat for a bit.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

I honestly felt kind of bad for him in a way...

Yeah, he looked like a goof riding on the tank and doing the superman and what not, but he was one of the only ones there that didn't know anyone, and I sure know how that feels as I am pretty shy.

And really, as stupid as it may look on the track to do what he was doing, it IS better than him doing that crap on the road.

Oh yeah, and I said in my response to your emails about the pictures, but those pictures are AWESOME Jen, thanks a lot for taking them.
    -Greg
    2013 BMW R1200GS

My pleasure. Couldn't take my lens off that 600RR....

Keeper of The Great White Buffalo

Really perfect day of riding today. Thanks to fluff and the boys that keep that track going. I going down 1 up two for ERIE. Hope to be in second and third never first. Nice pics James