Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I don't hope for bad things onto too many people but I make exceptions!!!!

I don't hope for bad things onto too many people but I make exceptions!!!!

Link to 9 news

LAKEWOOD - Just hours before his owner is to appear in court, Bobo, the badly burned Yorkshire terrier, died from his injuries.

Tanya Martin, 38 of Lakewood, owned Bobo. She now faces arson and animal cruelty charges.

The charges stem from Martin's reported actions last Sunday, which have sparked outrage in the community.

Bobo was rescued from Martin's apartment after a neighbor called police, reporting that someone was hurting a dog.

Responding Lakewood Police agents found a fire and Bobo. They believe Martin tried to burn a phone book on the stove and allegedly placed Bobo onto the burning phone book.

The officers extinguished the fire and took the dog outside to get it away from the heat and smoke. Drivers of a West Metro ambulance were asked to take the dog to Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital. They put the dog onto a stretcher in the ambulance and carried it to the hospital.

For the next three days doctors at Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital made valiant efforts to save Bobo. They were able to secure a hyperbaric chamber but the treatment was not successful.

Bobo died from his injuries at around 1:30 a.m. Thursday.

Dr. Elisa Mazzaferro of the hospital told 9NEWS Thursday morning that Bobo was not suffering as they had worked hard to manage his pain.

Bobo's story had prompted a strong response from community members. This week, a number of animal lovers showed up at the hospital and the Table Mountain Animal Shelter with donations of money, get well cards and stuffed animals.

One of Bobo's rescuers, Agent Matt Vandiver, had even submitted a foster care application.

Martin will appear in court Thursday morning. She is being held on $10,000 bond. The Associated Press reports that her uncle, Leo Cordova, says she suffers from mental illness.
    Last edited by Slo; Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 at 09:34 AM.

Re: I don't hope for bad things onto too many people but I make exceptions!!!!

It's a shame we're too "civilised" to burn people at the stake anymore....
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Off with her head!
    CEO, Angry Marmot Motorsports
    07 Passion Red Kawi 650R

Yeah, what the article didn't say was that she freaking hogtied the dog & then let it burn. Hell has a special circle reserved for people like this...

Anyone ever see the butterfly effect? yeah, it's kinda like that one scene...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Bitch musta been pretty hungry to try and cook a phonebook-terrier sandwich?
    See what happens when the Broncos start losing. RIP Bobo.

-Dedicated to all of those with BIG egos.

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

Poor puppy. God speed little one.

Love and light to the owner as well. From the interviews of her neighbors, she clearly is suffering from some sort of paranoid schizophrenia. Doesn't justify what she did, but I don't believe it puts her in the same category as Michael Vick.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxerk2 View Post
    Poor puppy. God speed little one.

Love and light to the owner as well. From the interviews of her neighbors, she clearly is suffering from some sort of paranoid schizophrenia. Doesn't justify what she did, but I don't believe it puts her in the same category as Michael Vick.
    Yeah Vick is another one I wouldn't mind seeing in a cage with a pack of hungry agressive dogs.

what the fuck is wrong with people!!!
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by puckstr View Post
    How much time do you have?
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Someone have her address? What a bitch, my fiance has a yorkie and it's quite possibly the sweetest creature on earth.

I'll take her fingers off with some pruning shears, who wants her toes?
    08 CBR 1KRR RED
    Lots of goodies, more to come
    06 Big Dog K9 custom

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    It's a shame we're too "civilised" to burn people at the stake anymore....
    Damn skippy!!! And I hope she gets the full extent of the law. Nut-job-bitch!

These stories break my heart.
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    How much time do you have?
    Can you start with The Black Knight?

Quote Originally Posted by puckstr View Post
    Paranoid Schizophrenia...
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Paranoid Schizophrenia...
    Then why the hell was she allowed to own the dog at all? It's no excuse PERIOD!!! You think that a schizo is immune to the cries of torture and pain. BULLSHIT!!!

I'd like to light her on fire and see if that registers for her. (oh hey, you're on fire, sorry...I CAN'T HEAR YOU!)
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

I would go to jail for what I would do to her if I had the chance...People who have it in them to harm animals like that are seriously sick in the head. I just don't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by 64BonnieLass View Post
    Then why the hell was she allowed to own the dog at all? It's no excuse PERIOD!!! You think that a schizo is immune to the cries of torture and pain. BULLSHIT!!!

I'd like to light her on fire and see if that registers for her. (oh hey, you're on fire, sorry...I CAN'T HEAR YOU!)
    Yes she is "immune" to them. If she had a psychotic break, there literally is no telling what mental state she was in at the time.

If people can rip their own bodies apart because they believe there are insects crawling under their skin or cut their own organs out because they think Chinese are coming to harvest them, they are "immune" to the cries of a poor defenseless puppy. Don't underestimate the power of the human mind when it goes all whacky (professional term in the DSM ).
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

It's interesting to me how quickly some will throw around the "sick" "demented" and "psycho" card, and basically talk about just how twisted this woman is, and then turn right back around, and explain how much they'd like to do things to her that are.... well... You get the idea.

Reminds me of (EDIT: a majority of) people who follow religion.

Carry On.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 at 10:39 AM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

It's interesting to me how quickly some will throw around the "sick" "demented" and "psycho" card, and basically talk about just how twisted this woman is, and then turn right back around, and explain how much they'd like to do things to her that are.... well... You get the idea.

Reminds me of people who follow religion.

Carry On.
    Emotion is a crazy thing Barn. That's why I had mine surgically removed.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Quote Originally Posted by nattynoo View Post
    .People who have it in them to harm animals like that are seriously sick in the head.
    ^^ +10000
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

If there is this much outrage over a dog why don't people get so upset over killing innocent babies by abortion? Oh, yeah, that's just a bad side effect from a night of fun not a human life.

BTW, I do feel sorry for the dog but moreso for all the unborn unwanted kids.
    Eric
    CSBA#477
    00 Triumph Sprint RS
    www.cocsba.com

This is what I like to call a "gateway thread".
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Carry On.
    It makes me feel better that's why! Plus, for as many times as this topic has appeared, I feel the need for consistency in my thoughts. I don't waver on this topic.
    Last edited by 64BonnieLass; Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 at 10:43 AM.

2005 SV650S Street

If people can rip their own bodies apart because they believe there are insects crawling under their skin or cut their own organs out because they think Chinese are coming to harvest them
    I think I would have been slightly more sympathetic if that were on the news.

Reminds me of people who follow religion.

Carry On.
    Don't forget that people are much more capable of aggravating or instigating negative responses from other people. A dog on the other hand, doesn't know any better, if say it bites a person. Unless the dog has been trained to instigate negative reactions from people, but again, not the dogs fault. Usually dogs harm humans out of fear more than anything else. So, for someone to intentionally harm a dog that has, most likely, done nothing to deserve torture, then yes they are sick in the head. For someone, like me, to feel the need to harm or torture the lady who did this is different. She may, or may not have known due to mental illness, what was coming to her for her actions but it is the way of our society to want to justify what people do, especially to innocent puppies

Will I ever harm another person for something like this, no. But do I want to YES.