Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I don't hope for bad things onto too many people but I make exceptions!!!!

Re: I don't hope for bad things onto too many people but I make exceptions!!!!

WTF?? Is that pic in your sig nattynoo a pole dancin errr... marshmellow rabbit??? Hahaha....nice

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Yeah, I understand the complexities of situation Natalie; and by all means, she needs to be punished for what she's done. I'm not embarassed to say that I too felt some heartache reading that news. I had heard about the story over the past few days, and it's an unfortunate thing all-the-way-around. Especially the dog not surviving.

But my chuckle about the whole thing (which often gets dusted off when people get angry like this), is that we are so very quick to label, and classify, and characterize people as these horrible and evil things, and without blinking an eye, we become what we allegedly despise.

Human nature is a very vindictive and hypocritical thing, is all. And we think we justify it with simple lipservice, but all we do is shine the light on the fact, ever brighter.

Sigh..... Rest in peace little dog.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 at 10:52 AM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    WTF?? Is that pic in your sig nattynoo a pole dancin errr... marshmellow rabbit??? Hahaha....nice
    Its a peep show! Duh! Glad you like it

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Barn did you actually just become the "voice of reason" or am I really that stoned on Nyquil?
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

Quote Originally Posted by 64BonnieLass View Post
    Barn did you actually just become the "voice of reason" or am I really that stoned on Nyquil?
    You ever try Nyquil........ On weed?
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    You ever try Nyquil........ On weed?
    I tried drinking one of those formula 44d's back in the day, holy sh*t. Bad trip/experience haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Yeah, I understand the complexities of situation Natalie; and by all means, she needs to be punished for what she's done. I'm not embarassed to say that I too felt some heartache reading that news. I had heard about the story over the past few days, and it's an unfortunate thing all-the-way-around. Especially the dog not surviving.

But my chuckle about the whole thing (which often gets dusted off when people get angry like this), is that we are so very quick to label, and classify, and characterize people as these horrible and evil things, and without blinking an eye, we become what we allegedly despise.

Human nature is a very vindictive and hypocritical thing, is all. And we think we justify it with simple lipservice, but all we do is shine the light on the fact, ever brighter.

Sigh..... Rest in peace little dog.
    I am not angry about the situation, doesn't do any good! I am saddened, confused and disgusted by it though. I completely understand what you are saying, and yes I guess I would have to know what was wrong with the lady to actually understand the situation fully. How can people call the lady crazy, when all we want to do is the same kind of nasty things to her?

We are all a bit crazy I guess

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

I blame the Republikans for this one too.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

^^Clearly a well thought out statement, Jeff!

Barn, you've got a good point, but an-eye-for-an-eye is an age old sentiment that's been been passed down through the ages. It's a visceral reaction and while that doesn't necessarily justify the sentiment, there is something to be said for people voicing their opinion instead of actually taking action (think witch trials).
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

It's all about reprisal.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

True Chris, but plenty of age old sentiment, tradition, and practices, have been reconsidered, and improved upon over the centuries.

But I can't argue with what you said alluding to "at least they are thinking it, and not doing it".
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

When, and if, this goes to trial there is no way in hell an impartial jury could be selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    When, and if, this goes to trial there is no way in hell an impartial jury could be selected.
    That is for damn sure, there is a very slight possibility that a jury of animal abusers could be selected.

Damn skippy!!! And I hope she gets the full extent of the law. Nut-job-bitch!

These stories break my heart.
    Unfortunately people dont get in as much trouble for hurting an animal as they do if they hurt a person. My thoughts are that if someone is capable of doing that to animal why would they not do it to another person or child. It is terrible that people could hurt something so innocent that just wants to be loved!

At least the poor dog is not suffering anymore....RIP Bobo
    Silly Boys Gixxers Are For Girls!!!

To the friends that I have lost Bryan, Kris, Thor, Matt, Nick, and Gene you will never be forgotten! I love you!

myspace.com/gsxr_lover_t

you would sort of hope not. However, I doubt this goes to trial unless she's going for the whole "aliens made me do it" defence in which case burning a dog on a phonebook lands her pretty squarely in the "not guilty for reason of insanity" defense...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

I want to start a monkey on fire....but who can blame me?
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

People are stupid and I don't care for them very much. Dogs are kind and loving. Poor Bobo.

I really don't care about her mental state, she is a POS and I hope she dies a similar death.

Quote Originally Posted by Sortarican View Post
    I want to start a monkey on fire....but who can blame me?
    See it's just like you to start something without even the intention of finishing it! Damn kids... Get a job!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Perhaps it's time to allow juries the option of finding the defendant guilty AND insane. Then they can mete out a sentence that fits the crime, rather than an indefinite term in a mental care facility, and people that need actual help are not sent to prison and never treated. It always annoyed my sense of justice that if a person is found to be insane, their doctors get to determine how long they are confined. If they are found guilty, they are confined for a term that is decided by the courts and parole boards. Usually, the courts' sentences are significantly longer.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

This is the sort of thing that makes you wish that there weren't limits to the punishements that could be given. The jusry should be able to decide what to do to her. I think that if that were the case, more people would actually be scared to commit crimes. For example, if the jury decided to hog tie her and light her on fire, I am pretty certain you wouldn't be seeing many more dog burnings . . . same with Vick. If he wants to see dogs fighting, then let him. He can be right in the middle of that crap (did I mention it would be him against the dogs?). There are certain things that I think should be dealt with using incredibly over the top punishments. Doing something like this to a dog is one. Messing with kids is another . . .

Ok, I had better get off my soap box before I really get going . . .
    www.onthemarcphotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider_9 View Post
    This is the sort of thing that makes you wish that there weren't limits to the punishements that could be given. The jusry should be able to decide what to do to her. I think that if that were the case, more people would actually be scared to commit crimes. For example, if the jury decided to hog tie her and light her on fire, I am pretty certain you wouldn't be seeing many more dog burnings . . . same with Vick. If he wants to see dogs fighting, then let him. He can be right in the middle of that crap (did I mention it would be him against the dogs?). There are certain things that I think should be dealt with using incredibly over the top punishments. Doing something like this to a dog is one. Messing with kids is another . . .

Ok, I had better get off my soap box before I really get going . . .
    They used to have public hangings in most of the counties here in Colorado; usually in the court house lawn area. I'm all for bringing them back --- as long as I have the popcorn concession.

They used to have public hangings in most of the counties here in Colorado; usually in the court house lawn area. I'm all for bringing them back --- as long as I have the popcorn concession.
    And I get the exclusive photo rights . . .
    www.onthemarcphotography.com

You know there is a flip side of this;

Yes, this woman is clearly distubed and my eyes watered when I saw the picture.

But instead of more hate, look at what Bobo did. He united a group of peaple who arrived with donations at the shelter. Tonight a lot more dogs will get to eat becuase they were able to buy more food. More animals will get spayed and nuetered to save unwanted, unloved animals from a life of neglact and pain. A group of strangers found solice and comfort in caring about the small life of a little dog, and maybe they will find in their hearts to adopt an abandoned pet.

Finally, little Bobo left this world loved, and he will be missed. We should all be so lucky.

My oldest Terrier is almost 18. He can't stand up very quickly, gets unbalanced and I carry him up and down the stairs. He probably had a stroke He wears a diaper, but still responds to affection, gets a little jumpy and runs around a little bit, and will sleep in my lap if I let him. I wonder more and more often if I am keeping him around for my benefit or his. After reading that story, I don't care. He's not suffering, he stays.

Gods speed BoBo, I hope the love and affection you showed here wil be returned in the next life.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Then why the hell was she allowed to own the dog at all? It's no excuse PERIOD!!!
    +1

people!
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02