Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cops can be such dicks

Cops can be such dicks

So after Bike night (around 9:00 PM) we headed south back to Pueblo. On the freeway we were running with traffic about 5-10 MPH over posted.

I do not like to stay stagnant in traffic, I think it is a very dangerous thing to do and hence I'll move to the left and pass slower traffic.

I'm in the left lane behind somebody else who is trying to pass and look in my rear view mirror to see a car coming up FAST.

Of course I simply moved to an open slot on the right and passed the car that was holding up traffic in the left lane.

By this time the slot I moved into had closed and the car that was coming fast cut off the car in the right lane trying to follow me around the slower car in the left.

Well the car pulled between Brian and I and scared me to death by running up just a couple of feet from my rear before turning on his lights to pull me over. I of course immediately pulled over.

Brian being behind the cop started to continue on since he was obviously pulling me over. Cop got pissed and started yelling on the loud speaker for Brian to pull over. By this time the cop had passed me making sure Brian pulled over.

Brian pulled over, cop pulled over, I'm behind all of them and in traffic rubber necking to see what is going on.

Cop gets out and starts yelling at me to get in front of him. I'm waiting for traffic to clear since I would have to get back on the road to get around him. This PISSES him off and he is yelling NOW NOW NOW! I tell him I'm waiting for traffic to clear and he yells QUIT ARGUING WITH ME over and over.

Traffic clears, I move up with Brian and we go through the routine, license, registration, insurance. Now I have a wallet full of registrations and insurance cards (too many cars and bikes) and it takes me a while to find everything. He is constantly yelling that I'm refusing to cooperate.

I find everything and he says he is going back to the car to write us tickets.

WTF, Ok it's not my first ticket, it's only money, I'll take my lumps.

After a few minutes he comes over and says he is going to give us warnings I start to say thanks and he takes off again yelling at me to "QUIT ARGUING, I'm trying to be nice". Fuck this, I'm not going to say anything and make the motion like I'm zipping my mouth.

Then he takes off explaining how he can give me a ticket and regardless of what the Judge might say, I will have lost several days at work and spent lots of money. Which is very true and something that I believe is wrong with our judicial system.

Well we got out with no tickets. I sure wish I had a recorder on my bike to record this DICK HEAD. There is no reason for cops to take this kind of attitude and he needs to be slapped right out of the force as far as I'm concerned. I honestly would have preferred the ticket so I could explain to the judge that this guy is a dick head (which would have lost my case but would have been fun).

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Re: Cops can be such dicks

You can still file a complaint. I would. What a dick
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    Absolutely
    2004 Blue GSX-R 600 Ghetto Fenderectomy

Amazingly enough, dick is not in here ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...olice_officers

Announcer On Radio: Eyewitnesses say that the bees are yellow and black, and dress much the way Eli Wallach did in the movie "The Magnificant Seven". The bees are also overweight..
    Chevy Chase: Wait a minute.. you must be..
    Elliot Gould: That's right, gringo.. the Killer Bees.

I agree. If you have the cops name, badge number or squad car number you can file a complaint. Thier is no need for a cop to treat you like that!

Faster. Till the thrill of speed over comes the fear of death.

http://www.myspace.com/yvonneforever15

http://colocustommetal.zoovy.com/

Quote Originally Posted by y_merkle View Post
    I agree. If you have the cops name, badge number or squad car number you can file a complaint. Thier is no need for a cop to treat you like that!
    I concur. Back when i was on patrol, I even used to tell people if they didn't like the cops I worked with, file a report. If the cop was a jerk or bad at his job, you can believe many of the OTHER cops don't like them either.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

It was dark, the light was always in my eyes, and he was being very agressive. I never got his name or number.

Funny though, after he let us go I looked up and there was a big sign on the side of the road where we stopped...

Report Aggressive Drivers
    Call *CSP

How Ironic

Maybe Brian got something...

Last edited by modette99; Mon Nov 7th, 2011 at 03:48 PM.

Man what a p e n i s
    RESPECT MY ATHORATA

02 Yamaha FZ1
    http://www.myspace.com/theschwagman

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    Agreed. File a complaint. Nothing may come of this individual complaint but if there are others revealing a pattern of behavior, it could either change his attitude or get him assigned to a different line of work.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

I agree you need to file a complaint!!

Just call they will have it on record that you got pulled over and will know what officer it was.

BTW they are supouse to at least give you a business card to to prove that they made contact with you. It was a new regulation that passed a couple of years ago.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by OldKneeDragger View Post
    It was dark, the light was always in my eyes, and he was being very agressive. I never got his name or number.

Funny though, after he let us go I looked up and there was a big sign on the side of the road where we stopped...

Report Aggressive Drivers
    Call *CSP

How Ironic

Maybe Brian got something...
    Shame on the cop...

24-31-309. Profiling - officer identification - training.

(4) (a) A PEACE OFFICER CERTIFIED PURSUANT TO THIS PART 3 SHALL PROVIDE, WITHOUT BEING ASKED, HIS OR HER BUSINESS CARD TO ANY PERSON WHOM THE PEACE OFFICER HAS DETAINED IN A TRAFFIC STOP, BUT HAS NOT CITED OR ARRESTED. THE BUSINESS CARD SHALL INCLUDE IDENTIFYING INFORMATION ABOUT THE PEACE OFFICER INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE PEACE OFFICER'S NAME, DIVISION, PRECINCT, AND BADGE OR OTHER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER AND A TELEPHONE NUMBER THAT MAY BE USED, IF NECESSARY, TO REPORT ANY COMMENTS, POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE, REGARDING THE TRAFFIC STOP. THE IDENTITY OF THE REPORTING PERSON AND THE REPORT OF ANY SUCH COMMENTS THAT CONSTITUTES A COMPLAINT SHALL INITIALLY BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL BY THE RECEIVING LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE RECEIVING LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY SHALL BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN SOME IDENTIFYING INFORMATION REGARDING THE COMPLAINT TO ALLOW INITIAL PROCESSING OF THE COMPLAINT. IF IT BECOMES NECESSARY FOR THE FURTHER PROCESSING OF THE COMPLAINT FOR THE COMPLAINANT TO DISCLOSE HIS OR HER IDENTITY, THE COMPLAINANT SHALL DO SO OR, AT THE OPTION OF THE RECEIVING LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY, THE COMPLAINT MAY BE DISMISSED.

...taken from...
    http://www.state.co.us/gov_dir/leg_d...001/sl.260.htm
    "That which does not kill you only postpones the inevitable."

Hafta wonder if he was a newbie cop still all over his power trip...man alive that definitely sounds uncalled for!
    Jessie
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

i hope some of you are just naive.. bc complaining and filing a complaint wont do shit for you nor okd. nothing at all, well it might give you a warm fuzzy feeling that somthing might come of it, but it wont.. maybe next time thatll come up on his lil wonderfull computer and then youll get that again. its bs beleive me I know. but nothing will come of it, especially if he had the gull to be such a dick to an older rider.
    sorry you experienced that but it goes on everyday, and these tools carry guns around you....

Last edited by modette99; Mon Nov 7th, 2011 at 03:48 PM.

AKA "Devaclis"

If you do not pursue this it will happen over and over again to other people. It is your civil duty to report this officer.

I say absolutely nothing when dealing with police. If asked a question I reply politely. I have been in some tough spots with officers and keeping quiet and calm always prevented the outcome from being bad.

Oh, when riding, ALWAYS ask permission to remove your helmet. Some officers can consider it brandishing a weapon.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Quote Originally Posted by Brat View Post
    i hope some of you are just naive.. bc complaining and filing a complaint wont do shit for you nor okd. nothing at all, well it might give you a warm fuzzy feeling that somthing might come of it, but it wont.. maybe next time thatll come up on his lil wonderfull computer and then youll get that again. its bs beleive me I know. but nothing will come of it, especially if he had the gull to be such a dick to an older rider.
    sorry you experienced that but it goes on everyday, and these tools carry guns around you....

Gotta say, you are wrong. And my opinion is based on first hand knowledge. New officer or old officer alike, most police departments have a policy of investigating complaints if one is received about an officer. Sure, it would take multiple times, but in this new day and age, most progressive departments take complaints seriously. Discipline wont happen instantly, every profession gets a pass and a shaking of the finger at for "making a client unhappy". That is why people have to complain each time, a pattern must be displayed for the dept to do anything.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

yeah well i asked my friend cop, he said it doesnt help you. but then again he admits to me the dickheads in the force that do that shit all the time and when he disagrees with it, its hush hush. i also have first hand knowledge of this, knowing cops and dealing with them closely for years.
    anyways good luck sorry you had a great ride ruined by mr prickhead cop. hopefully your next ride is a smooth turning road and a warm day.

I am not too fond of cops either. Just the other night I am with a few friends driving around in my jeep when this other jeep pulls up and starts shooting at us. Naturally we start shooting back and a chase insues. Those cops were down right mean. I think I will file a complaint too...........................

A complaint won't do anything if it is the only one recieved. If this guy treats even half of the people he pulls over this way and half of those people submit a complaint, the guy will be pulled from any type of patrol duty or given the choice to be nice or leave.

There's no place like home............

just one more reason I want a camera on the motorcycle.
    Frosty Smith
    2007 Z1000
    PowerStands Bar-end Mirrors, R&G Crash Protectors, Veilig Motorrijden Dual Headlight mod, Puig windscreen, LP Racing flush mount smoked turn signals, Fender Eliminator Kit by Targa

AKA "Devaclis"

If an officer asks you to turn your camera off, do you have to? I run with mine on all the time.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Almost guaranteed that the trooper had his camera rolling.
    You know, to document the officer when something bad happens to them.
    OKD, you should ask to see the footage. Probably why he let you go, he realized that his camera was on and he was out of line.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Be careful about that, becuase it can be used against you as well.

I am the unpopular guy here, in that I actually do like cops, but I am with everyone else, file a complaint. I would be willing to bet there is some info on the warning he wrote you. The cops I have known are by and large deadicated folks who are as human as the next person, but can't stand folks with Napoleon complexes giving the rest a bad name.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    Lets face it, cops are human and some should not have a career.
    Not to be rude but their are several current and future police officers that are on this forum and i personally dont appreciate you talking shit about all officers when you hear seperate reports on 1 or 2 cops.

Your a human yourself and im sure several people at one point in time wanted to slap the dog shit out of you for being a dumbass.. but does that make all males/females dumbasses? or all humans dumbasses?

Im not gonna keep going on, but i will say there are times you need to just keep your opinions to yourself.

Im sorry to hear about your issue with the cop, the negative part to the CSP is they are trained via 36 week boot camp which is no different then military boot camp. And as alot of positions and even working for a state prison it changes people and they can be dicks. I know several CSP officers including ranked sgt.'s etc and they are very good people. As to tards comment above just like everyone else cops have bad days and just like everyone else they do or say things like they shouldn't and it can come back to bite you in the butt.. Hence the complaint system.

If he gave you a written warning it should at least have his badge number on the ticket which you can use as well. If you are seriously gung ho on getting a complaint on this officer you can contact the CSP for colo springs or pueblo whichever is closest and they can do a report. ALL traffic stops go though the radio and all radio is recorded.. Meaning they can go back and find out which officer it was that pulled you over at that time, on that day etc. Its alot of work, and as for a complaint... well just like anywhere else the chances of a complaint getting very far is kinda slim.. Harsh but honest.

Either way again im sorry to hear about your experience, this even boggles me at times that i see or hear about this crap, but some cops can be dicks.. and some people posting up shit talking crap can be considered dicks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    Well actually if the guy is a rookie it could cost him his job if everyone that he dealt with was treaded like that reported him the department would just can him as he is too much a risk for the department. So you are wrong, reporting him is a good thing. Too many reports then he might go bye bye.
    And seriously dude, dont go off assuming you know all this crap unless you actually work for the CSP.. Too many complaints would only possibly get the officer a typical suspension and chances are it will be a paid one.. The only way the officer would be too much of a "risk" that the dept would have to ask for his resignation being he is a rookie or not which means nothing. The complaints would have to be legal complaints or civil complaints. Meaning people not only calling in to the CSP to file a complaint but people calling and filing a law suit against the dept or the officer for invidvidual things such as illegal search and seizure, illegal detaining of a person, use of un necissary force etc. So again just because you know the complaint system of the dead end customer service job that your at now, dont go off acting like you know all this crap about CSP or any legal system at that..

Bottom line, when it comes to police officers.. complain all you want but dont be spitting out crap like you know how it all goes when you in fact have no clue how anything goes.

P.S.- as i placed in the reply above, im not saying do not report this officer as i even gave you another way to file a complaint on this officer but simply that i cannot promise that you filing a complaint will get very far. if you do again.. good luck and hopefully nobody else has to go through this.. Alot of complaints are placed on the CSP for some of the things that they do, but simple things such as an officer getting loud with you, the chances are slim..

Im done just adding my .02 good luck with whatever you decide
    Last edited by BeoBe; Mon Oct 27th, 2008 at 02:12 PM.
    "If you love something, let it go... If it comes back to you, you've just high sided!"

'01 GSXR 750~Scorpion Exhaust~Carbon rear wheel cover, chain guard, intake, mirrors and signals~Targa Windscreen