Thread: RAK - Just Checking In

Burke, VA (near D.C.) off Fairfax Co Pkwy near Burke Lake Park

RAK - Just Checking In

Just dropping a line. Computer went down and didn't replace it for about 2 months, been too busy at work to check in there, couple TDYs (work travel), a week of vacation, and let the bike sit unstarted for 3 weeks at one point ... oh, yea ... and I'm a loser for not making a bike night in who knows how long.

P.S. I saw the pics of Scott & Mental's trail riding. Looks fun. I'm getting ready to get my son a CRF50 or a TTR50 for Christmas, so I'll have to start looking for myself in the spring. Looks like 4-5 yrs old (2004) is where the knee in the curve is for resale value. Agree?? Do I go 250 or 450? Motocross or Enduro? So what is the difference between say a CRF250"R" and a CRF250"X"?

Later, Ross (RAK)
    RAK in C Springs

Re: RAK - Just Checking In

The R is a 4 speed motocross bike, the X is a 6 speed trail bike.
    Bashed Bikes, Fat Kids Inc., JDH Welding /Mental made me follow him into that corner... And then he followed me down that hill and then Dallas followed too!

I didn't know Honduh went to 4 speed. I thought they were both 5 speed but the "X" had the lighting kit and E-start.

Depending on how comfortable you are in the dirt, go with a 450 motocross(j/k). If you are not so comfy in the dirt, go with a 250 enduro 4-stroke. The 250 will have plenty of power to get you around and you can throw some DOT's and blinkers on there and run around town too.

There's no place like home............

The Rmay be a 5 speed but the X IS a 6 speed. And yes the X has lights but no brake light.
    Bashed Bikes, Fat Kids Inc., JDH Welding /Mental made me follow him into that corner... And then he followed me down that hill and then Dallas followed too!

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrscott View Post
    And yes the X has lights but no brake light.
    5 min at any SOCO members fine establishment can fix that.

There's no place like home............

That is so very true!