Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Thread: The Democrats have ever intention of taking our guns...

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Re: The Democrats have ever intention of taking our guns...

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    Now, think about this idea...your "right" to bear arms also hurts others...inadvertently, but it still happens. It's an idea, so don't answer this either.
    And it is a flawed idea. My right to bear arms hurts no one. If others abuse their right to bear arms and violate the rights of others, they are the ones hurting people and they should be punished. My right to bear arms does not give me the right to shoot someone without a valid reason, i.e. defending my life or someone else's.

And there is no need to put right in quotes. Self-defense is the most fundamental human right. Without it, none of the others mean much. And unlike many in our society, I consider it a responsibility. Law enforcement, as the courts have held, have no responsibility to protect me. From Bowers v. DeVito (1982):

...there is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen. It is monstrous if the state fails to protect its residents against such predators but it does not violate the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment or, we suppose, any other provision of the Constitution. The Constitution is a charter of negative liberties; it tells the state to let people alone; it does not require the federal government or the state to provide services, even so elementary a service as maintaining law and order.
    Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Jeepers, Creepers, where'd ya get those peepers? Jeepers, Creepers, *(come on guys, sing along)*, Where'd ya get them eyes?

Nevermind..

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Wow...that's an old song...I mean way old...older than me even...

Jeepers, creepers....whered ya get them peepers
    Jeepers, creepers...whered ya get those eyes
    Gosh oh, git up....howd they get so lit up
    Gosh oh, gee oh....howd they get that size

Golly gee...when you turn them heaters on
    Woe is me...got to put my cheaters on

Oh, those weepers....how they hypnotize

Oh, those weepers....how they hypnotize
    Where did ya get those
    Golly whered ya get those
    Where did ya get them there eyes

Of course, I could be wrong and you mighta meant the movie. It is almost Halloween.

Oh...yeah...I'm done postin'. You guys battle it out...or shoot it out...or whatever.

Have a nice day.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora-11 View Post
    Men are from Mars, Women-Venus.
    I thought women were from Mars?

http://www.femmusic.com/wfm.htm

Announcer On Radio: Eyewitnesses say that the bees are yellow and black, and dress much the way Eli Wallach did in the movie "The Magnificant Seven". The bees are also overweight..
    Chevy Chase: Wait a minute.. you must be..
    Elliot Gould: That's right, gringo.. the Killer Bees.

Terrorists and criminals already have guns. I say lets give guns to the good guys.
    Jeff in Littleton
    '02 Blackbird
    '98 Sports racer

Dissconected from this world

CCW's all around!!!! (sry had too)

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    And it is a flawed idea. My right to bear arms hurts no one. If others abuse their right to bear arms and violate the rights of others, they are the ones hurting people and they should be punished. My right to bear arms does not give me the right to shoot someone without a valid reason, i.e. defending my life or someone else's.

And there is no need to put right in quotes. Self-defense is the most fundamental human right. Without it, none of the others mean much. And unlike many in our society, I consider it a responsibility. Law enforcement, as the courts have held, have no responsibility to protect me. From Bowers v. DeVito (1982):

Dirk
    Even closer to home (Castle Rock; 2005)...

The Supreme Court ruled on Monday (06/27/05) that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.

You can't always rely on the gov't. Stop being sheeple.
    "That which does not kill you only postpones the inevitable."

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanFZ1 View Post
    I thought women were from Mars?

http://www.femmusic.com/wfm.htm
    Those women would like to be from Mars but they were born on Venus.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by kidicarus13 View Post
    Even closer to home (Castle Rock; 2005)...

The Supreme Court ruled on Monday (06/27/05) that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.

You can't always rely on the gov't. Stop being sheeple.
    The damnable thing is that you can't get people to realize that very fact. For some reason unknown to the rest of us, some people think that cops will be at their beckoning call. They think that since police officers are around, that they are somehow entitled to protection 24/7.

And in reality, "when seconds count, cops are minutes away."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    The damnable thing is that you can't get people to realize that very fact. For some reason unknown to the rest of us, some people think that cops will be at their beckoning call. They think that since police officers are around, that they are somehow entitled to protection 24/7.
    Unfortunately we live in a society that does not take personal responsibility, and says it is alright to blame others, when bad things happen. Just look at all the civil suits these days. It's pathetic.

Unfortunately we live in a society that does not take personal responsibility, and says it is alright to blame others, when bad things happen. Just look at all the civil suits these days. It's pathetic.
    Oh I agree, I mean people suing cigarette companies because they get cancer?? People suing McDonalds because they got fat?? The worse thing is these people actually win!! Only in America....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Who can I sue because I am going poor from taxes on cigarettes?

But I am will you there. People sueing gun companies for making a gun that was used in a crime is the worst. But in this case it was only meant to bankrupt the gun company. Even when they usually get dismissed defending the company from the hundreds of lawsuits gets expensive.

I think inColorado if you defend yourself in a lawsuit and win, you can collect legal fees from the plaintiff. I think?
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

It will only get better...
    Last edited by Cars-R-Coffins; Sun Apr 26th, 2009 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    ...Beyond that however, the fact remains that if someone wants to hurt or kill someone else, the lack of a gun is hardly a reason that it won't happen...I'm pretty damn glad that I and most likely a majority of my neighbors have means of defense.

...The criminals don't give a shit about gun laws and arm themselves whether they're "allowed to" or not. It's trivially simple to buy a gun on the street because laws only matter to law abiding citizens.

So let me ask you, if bad people wanting to do bad things are getting the guns anyway, what good does it to do make laws that prevent the rest of us from getting them?
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    ...My right to bear arms hurts no one. If others abuse their right to bear arms and violate the rights of others, they are the ones hurting people and they should be punished. My right to bear arms does not give me the right to shoot someone without a valid reason, i.e. defending my life or someone else's.

Dirk
    I couldn't of said it any better. Good job Ralph and Dirk!

Last edited by *GSXR~SNAIL*; Thu Oct 30th, 2008 at 09:25 PM.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

It will only get better...

This all I see...

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Oh I agree, I mean people suing cigarette companies because they get cancer?? People suing McDonalds because they got fat?? The worse thing is these people actually win!! Only in America....
    Not me I am going to sue McDonald because of cancer and then I am going to sue the cigarette companies for making my guns. And I am going to do it with my $300 I will get with Barrack's tax plan.

Right-o you are, broseph. If you want a good one, check this out. This chick is pathetic. Judge Judy is awesome!

That link is to part two, the more interesting of the selection.