Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: The Democrats have ever intention of taking our guns...

Re: The Democrats have ever intention of taking our guns...

Quote Originally Posted by Filo View Post
    Citation please? I know London is having trouble with a rapidly rising knife-based violent crime wave, but London is not England, just like Chicago is not the US. As for Australia, I didn't know anyone lived there anymore
    I'll have to dig it up but off the top of my head from what I remember. England did a total ban on all handguns and many rifles and shotguns. I know many shooting clubs and organizations were bummed because they can't participate in their activities anymore.

As for Australia being un-inhabited. Ah come on mate, with all the guppies and shelia's runnin around, with the Kiwi's to our West. We've got people that go walk about every now and then. HAHA!!

Mladin, Corser, Bayliss? HAHAHA!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DavidofDenver View Post
    I would like to believe that too. But I don't anymore and I have seen the light. The dems don't like guns or cars or corporations and even though they say they like the poor I don't think they like those people either. But when they say they do they can be very convincing. I have just seen them say "Do as I say not as I do." one to many times.
    Ya gotta expand on this idea, please. I want to know who, what and where? I plan on voting Dem and I find this a tad insulting to say the least. I've been poor. I was even the sole provider for the family at the ripe ol age of 17 when my Mom was out of work for several months. I do not have disdain for the poor. I also went shooting with you. I also own an American auto. Honestly, the "group everyone" approach is falling on deaf ears here pretty damn quick, David. Make up, or you will lose my patience and my respect.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Quote Originally Posted by zetaetatheta View Post
    So if you don't support Focus on the Family you are gay..oh how christian.
    NOOOOOOOO!!! that's not what she's saying and that's not what I was saying either(if you were trying to imply me.)

I think she mentioned it, because of your disdain for Focus on the Family. Because being anti-gay is one of the things they are known for. That's all man, nothing more to it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Pandora-11

Thank you my White Knight.

Pandora-11

Oops, wait a minute! Zeta will think I'm hitting on you. I take it back.

Winchester Classic 101, 20 ga., Remington youth 20 ga., Ruger 77 mrkII .243, Remington 700 25-06, Marlin 22 lever action, and Smith&Wesson Airweight 38 special. 25-06 is in Florida with my brother. That's it, but looking to buy a 270 or 308 for Colorado. Moved here from Mississippi.
    My point is I have no fear in losing my guns and I am in favor of criminal backround checks.
    Nice collection by the way.

I'm all for background checks as well. However, the ones we have now work just fine. I don't think though that some states need to take up to 15 days to run a background check, when "MY" own state can do it in 1 hour. What that tells me is it's nothing but deterrence, to keep someone from buying a gun.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora-11 View Post
    Davidof Denver,
    F on Fam means Focus on the Family. Zeta mentioned it.
    (New poster and haven't figured out how to add the quote.)Duh, I need an education.
    Zeta honey, the only thing you and I have in common is our Greek moniker.
    Don't need to hit, but thank you. Love ya!
    David of Denver is suppose to be a user name that will let you know where I am and where I will be if you want to ride. You can call me David or Dave~ or the fucking right wing nut job like Cunuck does if you want to.

Cunnuck I will speak my mind thanks. But I will do you a favor and calm down on the insults and gay jokes for you. I get a little carried away and I am glad you said something early this time. Thanks man.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Oops, wait a minute! Zeta will think I'm hitting on you. I take it back.
    oh great, I just got DENIED!!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    Ya gotta expand on this idea, please. I want to know who, what and where? I plan on voting Dem and I find this a tad insulting to say the least. I've been poor. I was even the sole provider for the family at the ripe ol age of 17 when my Mom was out of work for several months. I do not have disdain for the poor. I also went shooting with you. I also own an American auto. Honestly, the "group everyone" approach is falling on deaf ears here pretty damn quick, David. Make up, or you will lose my patience and my respect.
    How much time are you going to give me? I don't think I can get it together is a quick reply on a forum post? Its very esoteric of a subject. I talk like most people have gone thru the same stuff.

I feel you on the poor thing. I don't know any other way actually.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Pandora-11

No denial Black Knight. I have this thing going with someone named DanFZ1 on another thread.

How do I add the quote into my post?

[quote=The Black Knight;372619]NOOOOOOOO!!! that's not what she's saying and that's not what I was saying either(if you were trying to imply me.)

Sorry, thought it was a rip on anyone disagreeing with their position...Seriously people have free will and can and should be able to follow their beliefs as they see fit. I guess the hypocrisy gets under my skin, I know, I know, we are all imperfect. So, sorry if I offended anyone. I love everyone and respect all religions, Christian, Jewish, Islamic, Hindu, Mormon, Wicken, etc al., even Buddhism (not really a religon). I just have a problem with legislating ethics. Coexistance is the way to go. I know this country will always be governed from the center--so peace out.

How much time are you going to give me? I don't think I can get it together is a quick reply on a forum post? Its very esoteric of a subject. I talk like most people have gone thru the same stuff.

I feel you on the poor thing. I don't know any other way actually.
    You need to get out more, David...and do it with an open heart and mind. Of course, what you perceive is completely up to you. Just remember that I haven't been exactly what you expected when you first started talking with me...and I am not the only one.

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Nice collection by the way.

I'm all for background checks as well. However, the ones we have now work just fine. I don't think though that some states need to take up to 15 days to run a background check, when "MY" own state can do it in 1 hour. What that tells me is it's nothing but deterrence, to keep someone from buying a gun.
    I've only had to wait 3 days, but only for handguns, never rifle or shotgun. Really doesn't make much sense, if someone is really pissed off a shotgun can reek havoc. I think the main hold up is psychological checks as these records are suppose to be secret, but of course they are not. With computers what they are, it should be instant, but all those in the info tech business know how everyone loves their own system. I know it from the military, where the Navy couldn't talk to the Army--yadda yadda. Hell we can't even get voting records straight, I would argue the most important database for our country.

You need to get out more, David...and do it with an open heart and mind. Of course, what you perceive is completely up to you. Just remember that I haven't been exactly what you expected when you first started talking with me...and I am not the only one.

What was I expecting when we first started talking? You impressed me with your open mind and I think that while shooting for fun or money wasn't your cup of tea I think you have a leg to stand on when you talked about it. But seemed a little scared of the weapons a little gun shy. Although your courage was something that should be on motivational posters.

But who else are you talking about me being wrong about?

Does this mean I don't have to write you an essay?

No denial Black Knight. I have this thing going with someone named DanFZ1 on another thread.

How do I add the quote into my post?
    well just as long as I'm not some fling HAHAHA!!

if you want to quote someone, just hit the "quote" button in their comment box. It's at the bottom. Also the "+" allows you to add more that one quote at a time.

I've only had to wait 3 days, but only for handguns, never rifle or shotgun. Really doesn't make much sense, if someone is really pissed off a shotgun can reek havoc. I think the main hold up is psychological checks as these records are suppose to be secret, but of course they are not. With computers what they are, it should be instant, but all those in the info tech business know how everyone loves their own system. I know it from the military, where the Navy couldn't talk to the Army--yadda yadda. Hell we can't even get voting records straight, I would argue the most important database for our country.
    I guess only living in Colorado my whole life(I don't count the 10 months in Okalahoma as much), our gun laws are all I really know(I do know other states as well, it's more of a figure of speech).

Here in Colorado the average wait time is 20 minutes. I've waited as long as 5 hours, and as less as 15 minutes to purchase a firearm. Depends on the day really. If you go on the weekend when a gun show is in town(or in state) expect a longer wait. During the week is the prime time. Most of the time during the week when I've bought, I'm the only guy in the state on the list to get cleared. So it goes fast.

Which is why I mentioned that all background checks in all states should be the same. Everything is computer fed and the computers from all agencies talk to each other. If you've got a red flag on your record it will get kicked out and you'll get denied.

Like I say, if Colorado can do it in usually an hour or less, why can't California and New York? I know they probably have way more acces to multiple systems then we do(meaning more computers to run checks), so why can't they move as quick as us?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I thought the laws for waiting periods on buying guns was to help prevent crimes of passion? Is this just rumor? Either way, I'm glad CO doesn't have such a law. Seems to be pointless to me. If someone wants to obtain a gun to do something unlawful, they will find a way. However I do believe we should enforce background checks for all gun sales.

And just because this is such a fun thread, I'm posting a pic of 2 rifles I just finished building. Down with the assault weapons ban!!

Asphalt - Worlds' fastest tattoo remover

What was I expecting when we first started talking? You impressed me with your open mind and I think that while shooting for fun or money wasn't your cup of tea I think you have a leg to stand on when you talked about it. But seemed a little scared of the weapons a little gun shy. Although your courage was something that should be on motivational posters.

But who else are you talking about me being wrong about?

Does this mean I don't have to write you an essay?
    Nope, no essay. And I was not skeered of the guns. Just a tad weary of you my dear.

You are right about the "Not my cup o'tea." But, just cuz I don't like it, doesn't mean I want everyone to not like it, nor do I believe people should be kept from it. That statement isn't something you would expect, according to the way you have been speaking here, from a Democrat.

Dissconected from this world

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    I thought the laws for waiting periods on buying guns was to help prevent crimes of passion? Is this just rumor? Either way, I'm glad CO doesn't have such a law. Seems to be pointless to me. If someone wants to obtain a gun to do something unlawful, they will find a way. However I do believe we should enforce background checks for all gun sales.

And just because this is such a fun thread, I'm posting a pic of 2 rifles I just finished building. Down with the assault weapons ban!!

Ahh now I have been peeping at this thread but when you posted I just had to say you got some nice RRA's.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

Yeah I had heard about the crimes of passion reason as well. Although in some states if you commit a crimes of passion, you basically get off scott free. Somehow they chalk it up to being temporarily blinded by passion. Either way doesn't make sense. So if they keep some guy from buying a gun to blow his cheating wife away. Then he'll just go get a piece or rope, knife, baseball bat, tow chain, piano wire, chainsaw, rock or brick to commit the crime. HAHA it will happen, just depends on how creative one might get.

As far as your pics of your guns are concerned, all I can say is:
    BOING!!!!

very badass!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Winchester Classic 101, 20 ga., Remington youth 20 ga., Ruger 77 mrkII .243, Remington 700 25-06, Marlin 22 lever action, and Smith&Wesson Airweight 38 special. 25-06 is in Florida with my brother. That's it, but looking to buy a 270 or 308 for Colorado. Moved here from Mississippi.
    My point is I have no fear in losing my guns and I am in favor of criminal backround checks.
    Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier I was distracted by something shiny.
    That is a nice collection. Very impressive and there is no to ways about it. And I think that you are right about them not taking your guns away too. And do you want to know why? None of those guns listed are on the scary black rifle list. Those are all nice and safe hunting weapons that they think you should own... now. But imagine if they get there way and they ban my collection of weapons; Mini 14, Bushmaster XM15, WASR10, 2x romanian g AK's (I call them blasty 1 and 2) HK-g3 .308, and a k98 mauser. All but one will be gone, because they are all on the new ban list that will be retro back to 1994~ maybe. The G3 is still banned from import but luckily its preban. And ironicly the only one that won't be on the list is the only one that is an actual Military rifle the k98 is a war trophy that my great uncle picked up in North Africa during WWII. But its a bolt action with no magazine sticking out the bottom so it looks like a normal hunting rifle. But what about when they get their way with my guns? Instead of mislabeling them as machine guns that shoot 600 rounds a minute they will just call yours sniper rifles.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3kvn3kB534
    Its a pretty easy switch in the media. All they have to do is get those brains working to come up with a sensational story about snipers and then yours are on the list too.
    I think its worth defending now before its gone and I am doing for the children so they have something to shoot in the future.

Nope, no essay. And I was not skeered of the guns. Just a tad weary of you my dear.
    What? Was it my mad skillz on the bike, my chizled rugged good looks, my unexplainable buldge? Or that fact that you wiped the f'n road with me while riding?
    Remember when I told you that I was almost out of gas and you told me that you were going to keep going. I said "That's fine I just wanted to let you know so in a week when I still haven't shown up you can tell everyone my last known location."That was funny. Good times, good times!

You are right about the "Not my cup o'tea." But, just cuz I don't like it, doesn't mean I want everyone to not like it, nor do I believe people should be kept from it. That statement isn't something you would expect, according to the way you have been speaking here, from a Democrat.
    I know, my bad for lumping all democrats in like that. That is very one sided of me. But we are talking about one Democrat that has a history of doing those things. And a democrat that has a history of telling people what they want to hear. I think with a great majority of democrats in the house and senate we need a moderate in the Whitehouse, not someone that will sign any gun regulation that may come down the pipe.

Now, for some more details...

How do you define the word "loophole"? In your words, a private seller can go to a gun show and sell guns without requiring a background check. That, to me, is a loophole to getting around the background-check requirement.
    Technically, the only sale not covered by a background check requirement is between 2 individuals in a private setting. Under law, a "gun show" is any gathering of more than 2 people for the purpose of buying or selling firearms. Thus, there is no "gun show" loophole. The gun control lobby wants to eliminate gun shows by portraying them as a free for all, rather than a convenient opportunity for vendors and buyers to get together in a PERFECTLY LEGAL business environment.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier I was distracted by something shiny.
    That is a nice collection. Very impressive and there is no to ways about it. And I think that you are right about them not taking your guns away too. And do you want to know why? None of those guns listed are on the scary black rifle list. Those are all nice and safe hunting weapons that they think you should own... now. But imagine if they get there way and they ban my collection of weapons; Mini 14, Bushmaster XM15, WASR10, 2x romanian g AK's (I call them blasty 1 and 2) HK-g3 .308, and a k98 mauser. All but one will be gone, because they are all on the new ban list that will be retro back to 1994~ maybe. The G3 is still banned from import but luckily its preban. And ironicly the only one that won't be on the list is the only one that is an actual Military rifle the k98 is a war trophy that my great uncle picked up in North Africa during WWII. But its a bolt action with no magazine sticking out the bottom so it looks like a normal hunting rifle. But what about when they get their way with my guns? Instead of mislabeling them as machine guns that shoot 600 rounds a minute they will just call yours sniper rifles.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3kvn3kB534
    Its a pretty easy switch in the media. All they have to do is get those brains working to come up with a sensational story about snipers and then yours are on the list too.
    I think its worth defending now before its gone and I am doing for the children so they have something to shoot in the future.
    Yea, I have pretty safe guns; I do however, believe in the rights of those wanting to collect mil spec/grade weapons. I used to have an HK 40 cal w/14 round clip. Took it to a gun show after clip ban and had folks bidding for it. Wish I had never sold it. I do respect the right to own weapons, and do believe if someone wants to kill someone they can and will find a way. I know folks will point to Columbine and say what if those kids had automatic weapons, but the real question is why were the guns available to them in the first place and not secured. Guess there is no easy answers. We can't legislate responsibility or anti-stupidity; otherwise, parents would take control of their children's education. I personally do not care to own an assualt rifle, but I do like shooting them. Had several occasions in the Navy of firing 50cal off the stern--big rush, especially since ammo was free.
    I still want that Browning lightweight 308 lever action.

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    Technically, the only sale not covered by a background check requirement is between 2 individuals in a private setting. Under law, a "gun show" is any gathering of more than 2 people for the purpose of buying or selling firearms. Thus, there is no "gun show" loophole. The gun control lobby wants to eliminate gun shows by portraying them as a free for all, rather than a convenient opportunity for vendors and buyers to get together in a PERFECTLY LEGAL business environment.
    Um, actually...

"The "Gun show loophole" is a term coined to describe the legal sale of firearms between private individuals at gun shows in states where this is legal. When these sales take place at a gun show, some perceive a "loophole" in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), although these laws have never applied to individual-to-individual sales of personal firearms. United States federal law requires persons engaged in interstate firearm commerce, or who are in the business of selling firearms, to hold a Federal Firearms License and to perform checks prior to transferring a firearm, but there is an exemption for private sales by individuals who are "not engaged in the business" of selling firearms, or who only make "occasional" sales. Unlicensed private sellers are permitted by law to sell privately-owned guns at gun shows, or at private locations, in 24 states (as of 1998 )."

That's the way it is described.
    Last edited by mtnairlover; Sun Oct 26th, 2008 at 09:31 PM.