View Poll Results: Single Issue Voter?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: If the candidate is for/against issue, I vote for them.

3 11.54%
  • No: I weigh all the issues and vote for the candidate with the highest score.

23 88.46%

Thread: [Poll] Single Issue Voter?

[Poll] Single Issue Voter?

Just out of curiosity, is there a single issue you absolutely must see support for (or against) for you to vote for (or against) a candidate?

No no, don't need to see the issue, there are several threads running around

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

Re: [Poll] Single Issue Voter?

I just vote for the guy with the least funny looking ears.....
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Pandora-11

I'm continually amazed at the reasoning behind why people choose a candidate. Most voters can't even tell you the positions of each candidate. Saw a news review where the reporter gave all of McCain's positions to Obama and interviewed people who said those positions were why they were voting for Obama.
    Also saw a woman on one of the news channels say she was voting for Obama because his mother had died of cancer like her mother had.
    This blows me away.
    This is not a cut on you TFOG. I know you're kidding!

Some people do not have a gammit of issues they need to vote for people...Some will vote for Obama simply because he could be the first black president. Some for McCain because he put a milf by his side. That's why it's called their RIGHT they have it to use in any way form or fashion. Single issues, multiple issues, or race, gender alone. There is always someone out there that color or gender will be their only reason for voting because they are not concerned with the issues each candidate addresses. Even McCain himself, taking a woman into his campaign you have never heard him say I brought her along for her experience and ability to take over incase I stroke out.
    98 VFR 800 (Old faithful)
    06 Sprint ST 1050 (Sexual Chocolate)

I do have one single issue that if the candidate does not support it I will not vote for that person. However, most candidates say the support my issue so the other issues get looked at.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Yes. McCain calling Mixed Martial Arts "Human cock-fighting".
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Pandora-11

[quote=VFR;372906]"Some people do not have a gammit of issues they need to vote for people...Some will vote for Obama simply because he could be the first black president. Some for McCain because he put a milf by his side. That's why it's called their RIGHT they have it to use in any way form or fashion. Single issues, multiple issues, or race, gender alone. There is always someone out there that color or gender will be their only reason for voting because they are not concerned with the issues each candidate addresses. Even McCain himself, taking a woman into his campaign you have never heard him say I brought her along for her experience and ability to take over incase I stroke out."

I agree that each of us has the right to throw away our vote as we choose AND the right to not have any issues; however, how sad not to care about anything. Sadder still to put someone into office with no research into that person's background and desires for the country. Scary!