Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Allright, I went and did it.......

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Allright, I went and did it.......

.....I'll have to admit it. After all the hoopla and mud-slinging, and all joking aside, for the first time in many years I voted for a Democrat.

There, I said it. Happy now?
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Re: Allright, I went and did it.......

I'm so ashamed of you...
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    .....I'll have to admit it. After all the hoopla and mud-slinging, and all joking aside, for the first time in many years I voted for a Democrat.

I don't believe you.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    I don't believe you.
    +1. Frank you trying to get everyone all stirred up. "Pot Stirrer"!
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

Party trumps person. Always. Frank is a sucker.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Riiiiight, Frank. Sure we believe you...just like you believe that the faeries are taking care of you when you sleep at night.

NOT!
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Frank voted for Obama!!!!

<EDIT> I took out all the knee jerk, angry, politically divisive, polemicised, partisan nonsense and just left you all with a smiley </EDIT>
    Last edited by Filo; Wed Oct 29th, 2008 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Cut out all the Frank bashing anger
    1989 Honda Hawk,2005 crf250x supermoto

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser

AKA "Devaclis"

You voted? Sissy
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

I am still a registered Republican, and I am voting for Obama. Even if your joking. I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop Frank.

Anyway, we are not the only ones. You may be an Independant, I don't know, but check out these informed Republican voters.

Jim Leach, Former Congressman from Iowa

"For me, the national interest comes before party concerns, particularly internationally. We do need a new direction in American policy, and Obama has a sense of that."

Lincoln Chafee, Former United States Senator from Rhode Island

"As I look at the candidates in order who to vote for, certainly my kind of conservatism was reflected with Senator Obama, and those points are that we're fiscally conservative, we care about revenues matching expenditures, we also care about the environment, I think it's a traditional conservative value to care about clean air and clean water."

Richard Riordan, Former Mayor of Los Angeles

"I'm still a Republican, but I still will always vote for the person who I think will do the best job."

Lowell Weicker, Former Governor and Senator from Connecticut

"At issue is not the partisan politics of two parties, rather the image we have of ourselves as Americans. Senator Obama brings wisdom, kindness, and common sense to what is both his and our quest for a better America."

Jim Whitaker, Fairbanks, Alaska Mayor

"If we are as a nation concerned with energy, then our consideration should be a national energy policy that is not predicated on crude oil 50 years into the future. We need to get to it, and I think Barack Obama is very clear in that regard."

Linwood Holton, Former Governor of Virginia

"Obama has a brain, and he isn't afraid to use it."

Government Officials:

Douglas Kmiec, Head of the Office of Legal Counsel under Reagan & Bush 41

"I was first attracted to government by Ronald Reagan, who lives in our national memory as a great leader and an inspiring communicator. Senator Obama has these gifts as well, but of course, more rhetorical flourish without substance would be worth little. Is there more to Senator Obama? I believe there is."

Jackson M. Andrews, Republican Counsel to the U.S. Senate

"Barack Obama is a thoughtful visionary leader who as President will end the decline of American law, liberty, and fiscal responsibility that are the hallmarks of the extremist policies of the current Administration, now adopted by John McCain."

Susan Eisenhower, Granddaughter of President Eisenhower & President of the Eisenhower Group

"Given Obama's support among young people, I believe that he will be most invested in defending the interests of these rising generations and, therefore, the long-term interests of this nation as a whole."

Francis Fukuyama, Advisor to President Reagan

"...Obama probably has the greatest promise of delivering a different kind of politics."

Rita Hauser, Former White House intelligence advisor under George W. Bush

"McCain will continue the wrong-headed foreign policy decisions of Bush, while Obama will take us in a new direction."

Larry Hunter, Former President Reagan Policy Advisor

"I suspect Obama is more free-market friendly than he lets on. He taught at the University of Chicago, a hotbed of right-of-center thought. His economic advisers, notably Austan Goolsbee, recognize that ordinary citizens stand to gain more from open markets than from government meddling."

Bill Ruckelshaus, served in the Nixon and Reagan administrations

"I'm not against McCain, I'm for Obama."

Lilibet Hagel, Wife of Republican Senator Chuck Hagel

"This election is not about fighting phantom issues churned out by a top-notch slander machine. Most important, it is not about distracting the public-- you and me-- with whatever slurs someone thinks will stick."

Columnists and Academics:

Jeffrey Hart, National Review Senior Editor

"It turns out that these political parties are not always either liberal or conservative, Democratic or Republican. The Democrat, under certain conditions, can be the conservative."

Andrew Bacevich, Professor of International Relations at Boston University

"For conservatives, Obama represents a sliver of hope. McCain represents none at all. The choice turns out to be an easy one."

David Friedman, Economist and son of Milton and Rose Friedman

"I hope Obama wins. President Bush has clearly been a disaster from the standpoint of libertarians and conservatives because he has presided over an astonishing rise in government spending."

Christopher Buckley, Son of National Review founder William F. Buckley & former NR columnist

"Obama has in him-- I think, despite his sometimes airy-fairy 'We are the people we have been waiting for' silly rehtoric-- the potential to be a good, perhaps even great leader. He is, it seems clear enough, what the historical moment seems to be calling for."

Andrew Sullivan, Columnist for the Atlantic Monthly

"Obama's legislative record, speeches, and the way he has run his campaign reveal, I think, a very even temperament, a very sound judgment, and an intelligent pragmatism. Prudence is a word that is not inappropriate to him."

Wick Alison, Former publisher of the National Review

"I made the maximum donation to John McCain during the primaries, when there was still hope he might come to his senses. But I now see that Obama is almost the ideal candidate for this moment in American history."

...all Republicans.

Read'em and weep.

Announcer On Radio: Eyewitnesses say that the bees are yellow and black, and dress much the way Eli Wallach did in the movie "The Magnificant Seven". The bees are also overweight..
    Chevy Chase: Wait a minute.. you must be..
    Elliot Gould: That's right, gringo.. the Killer Bees.

Beaten

A

Dead

Horse

Blah blah blah Obama.. McCain.. Milf.. Retarded kids..

Why does this board always turn into a political argument? Also, why are all the outspoken people who plan to vote for Obama on this forum relentless in their rebuttals and feel the need to prove their opinion is correct over anyone else? I just don't understand why you can't have your opinions, views, beliefs, and not personally attack someone else who doesn't share the same ideals as you.

P.S.

McCain '08

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

What Frank?.... Was there a Dem. who was running unopposed for a particular office?

You sure as hell didn't vote for the Obama/Biden ticket, I know that much.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

So you are hanging out in the men's locker room too long now?
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

Woooh! You voted for the guy who just reduced his "tax threshold" from $250,000, to $200,000, to $150,000... and that's just in 3 weeks?! Maybe it'll be down to $42,000 by the time he takes office.

http://corner.nationalreview.com/pos...WNmZjIzM2U3NmY

Don't be mad when we say, "I told you so!"

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

The fact that some of you think he honestly voted for Barack Obama, is really the funniest part of this thread.

And go figure... it's JSDude and DougNothing, two staunch righties.

I guess it's only appropriate (if not expected) that one-of-your-own is pulling a fast one on you and getting away with it. Enjoy the punch, boys!
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Wed Oct 29th, 2008 at 08:35 AM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Frank, you're dead to me.

(you voted for a democrat to fill the seat of vice-poop-cleaner or some other peon job didn't you.)
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by HR636 View Post
    ... Also, why are all the outspoken people who plan to vote for Obama on this forum relentless in their rebuttals and feel the need to prove their opinion is correct over anyone else?...
    Becuase you touch yourself.

(Unaffiliated in 08!)
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Resident Hater Site Admin Canuck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post

The fact that some of you think he honestly voted for Barack Obama, is really the funniest part of this thread.

And go figure... it's JSDude and DougNothing, two staunch righties.

I guess it's only appropriate (if not expected) that one-of-your-own is pulling a fast one on you and getting away with it. Enjoy the punch, boys!
    Brandon has spoken the truth.
    RIP Gene. You are a good friend that will be missed. I'm Gene Bazyl Bitch!!

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

"
    .....I'll have to admit it. After all the hoopla and mud-slinging, and all joking aside, for the first time in many years I voted for a Democrat."
    ...but only because I can't stand Marilyn Muskrat!

Sorry, just trying to inject a little humor into the mudslinging that's been on OUR board here.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

^^THERE IS NO HUMOR!!! THERE IS NO LAUGHTER!!! THIS THE INTERNET!!!! DAS IST VERBODEN!!!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

_
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    ^^THERE IS NO HUMOR!!! THERE IS NO LAUGHTER!!! THIS THE INTERNET!!!! DAS IST VERBODEN!!!
    THERE IS NO INTERNET... ONLY ZUUL!!!
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    THERE IS NO INTERNET... ONLY ZUUL!!!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

^^^^^

OH That's just WONG
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

Quote Originally Posted by HR636 View Post
    Why does this board always turn into a political argument? Also, why are all the outspoken people who plan to vote for Obama on this forum relentless in their rebuttals and feel the need to prove their opinion is correct over anyone else?
    Cause riding season for many (others, not me) is coming to or has already ended. And people need to get "it" out of their system. It is always like this during the winter with primadona motorcycle people. If I can't prove to you how much of a better rider I am, surely I can brow beat the fuk out of you on Al Gore's internet.

After the election, we will be onto a new horse, don't worry.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR