Thread: Please help fill grab bags for motorcyclist-soldiers returning from Iraq

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Please help fill grab bags for motorcyclist-soldiers returning from Iraq

I received this email from the Motorcycle Safety Officer of a unit currently deployed in Iraq. They will be returning to the US near the end of November, and he will be holding a class upon their return to go over motorcycle safety & fundamentals. He'd like to hand out grab bags to all the students. If you can help assemble items to include in these grab bags, please let me know, and I will coordinate collecting them, and getting them to the Sgt. Here are a couple of emails with more information:
    Dear Sir or Ma'am,

My name is SGT Jackson. I am currently serving my second tour in Iraq. We
    are due to come back to the states in 3 months. I am my unit's Motorcycle
    safety officer, and I have a group meeting when we return of new and
    experienced riders to go over motorcycle safety and fundamentals. I am
    trying to gather goodie bags of motorcycle stuff to give out to them at the
    class. I am wondering if you all could send me some stickers, keychains,
    t-shirts, hats, etc. Anything that I can put in there bags to give out as a
    door gift.

Motorcycle safety is very important to us in the Army, especially after
    returing from a deployment, as Soldiers that ride have been off of thier
    bikes for 15 months. I just want this class to be a great success, and I
    would appreciate any and all help you all can provide.
    Again, thank you so much in advance.

My home address is:

A. Jackson
    5475 Heatherhill Drive
    Colorado Springs, CO 80915

Warmest Regards,
    SGT Jackson
    Tikrit, Iraq
    Like I said, if you can help assemble items to include in these grab bags, please let me know, and I will coordinate collecting them, and getting them to the Sgt. If somebody from the Springs wants to help out in collecting items/getting them to the Sgt, please let me know - any & all help would be greatly appreciated. Here's a little more information I got after replying to his email:

Mr. Hasenhundl,

Thank you so much for your quick response! We have appx 12-15 Soldiers that will be involved in this program. I sincerely appreciate whatever you all can do to help us.

Let me thank you in advance for your support, patriotism, and continued thoughts and prayers.

Warmest Regards,

SGT Adam Jackson
    Tikrit, Iraq

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 4:52 PM, Colorado Sportbike Club <cosportbikeclub@hotmail.com> wrote:
    Hi SGT Jackson,

First off, thank you... you and all the men & women over there with you, for
    serving our country!

I appreciate your concern for the continued safety of the riders that are
    currently serving overseas. I will put this out there to the members of the
    club, as well as to some of the shops in the area & we'll see what we can
    come up with for you.

Do you have an idea approximately how many Soldiers will be participating in
    this group meeting?

Thanks & God bless!
    Bob "Spiderman" Hasenhundl
    President & Webmaster,
    Colorado Sportbike Club
    www.cosportbikeclub.org
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

This is how Da South Side does Tounge Piercing.

Re: Please help fill grab bags for motorcyclist-soldiers returning from Iraq

PM Sent
    One time I got stopped for speeding on the Colordo Utah boarder
    and after a discussion with the Officer about Bannana's, pockets and glad tidings to all he let me off with a warning
    and a farewell of "I am always on this strech of highway and I will be watching for you."
    My response "I feel so much better knowing that you Officer Pennywise will be looking out for me."
    WAIT WHAT??!!!!!

Thanks Krissy. You can be the southern contingent on this gig.

Still need people to help get stuff.
    - If you work at a local shop, or have friends that do, hit them up for schwag.
    - If you're a racer, hit up some of your sponsors for stuff.

Anything helps!

TIA
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
    R.I.P. 502

Bump!

I'd like to have everything collected by Friday 11/21, so I can get it shipped/delivered that weekend.
    R.I.P. 502

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Bob,
    I am working on a small set chain lube/honda polish
    for carrying in the trunk of a bike. I recieved one from
    somewhere and carry it with me on extended rides.
    I thought is was useful so I am paying it forward.
    This is not already in the bag is it?
    Peace Bash
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Bash,
    Thanks, that's an awesome idea!
    As it stands right now, yours are the first items in the bag (I haven't had time to make any calls myself). Rybo is working on putting something together - I don't have the details, but it might not be ready in time.
    Thanks again!
    R.I.P. 502

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Hey honey. I have a bunch of AMA Racer posters that I picked up from Laguna while Joe and I were there. Some are smaller then others. I don't have the ceiling space for all of them. Heehee.

Are those easy enough to ship without being crinkled (new word), or not such a good idea? Let me know and I can bring them to the house this weekend. You can pick and choose those that would work or not.

I also have a couple of Black Grand Prix T-shirts that I have washed but not worn. Only good for small chested boys though.

Give me a call and let me know.

Miss you BTW.
    Last edited by 64BonnieLass; Fri Nov 7th, 2008 at 06:31 PM.
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

This is how Da South Side does Tounge Piercing.

So what are we looking at putting in the grab bags?????

Thinking I could maybe hit up Apex and see if they good donate some goodies. Key chains, maybe T-shirts ect. am I on the right track????
    One time I got stopped for speeding on the Colordo Utah boarder
    and after a discussion with the Officer about Bannana's, pockets and glad tidings to all he let me off with a warning
    and a farewell of "I am always on this strech of highway and I will be watching for you."
    My response "I feel so much better knowing that you Officer Pennywise will be looking out for me."
    WAIT WHAT??!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 636Chick View Post
    So what are we looking at putting in the grab bags?????

Thinking I could maybe hit up Apex and see if they good donate some goodies. Key chains, maybe T-shirts ect. am I on the right track????
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT Jackson
    I am wondering if you all could send me some stickers, keychains, t-shirts, hats, etc. Anything that I can put in there bags to give out as a door gift.
    Yes, you are on the right track. Stickers & hats would be good too.
    R.I.P. 502

Pandora-11

If I can get them done on time, I will knit you 15 beanie hats (toboggan-style).Black.

Any women in the military group? Where may I mail them?

Spiderman,
    I recieved comformation on the small cans
    of honda polish today. They are ordered and
    on the way. They might be the new brand "Original"
    But esseniallly the same stuff.

Way to get on board Pandora-11.

Where is the rest of the club on this?
    I know there are several shops that promote
    thier business here. Step up!
    Peace Bash
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Being a fellow soldier, I am avail to help out in the Springs. The weekend of the 22d is my birthday and I am unavail.

Other than that I can help assemble etc.

Feel free to PM me.

John

Spiderman,

The walrus is flying the plane.

I repeat,

The walrus is flying the plane.

That is code for I picked up Bashedbikes
    contribution for this CSC donation for the
    soldiers returning this afternoon.
    Nice trunk sized bike polish. Sweet!
    When you are ready to meet up just PM
    Krissy or I a few days in advance.

Peace Bash