Thread: The October Surprise

The October Surprise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyspCRmJv7w
    The October Surprise—Suit To Remove Barack Obama From The Ballot. Barack Obama Is A Citizen Of ?

(probably could have been posted in the Pics and Videos section, although this does seem like a rather important issue, so I posted it here. If the admins wish they can move it at their discretion)

True or not, this guy sounds like he's gone through all of the right procedures. He sounds legit. Obviously if he's a lawyer he knows his way around the law(s).

At just over 10 minutes long, I'd say it's worth watching the whole thing. Lots of info and lots of good questions asked. My only question though, if this really was that big of an issue, why wasn't it brought out in the first place?? This alone would discredit Obama from the presidency. Then again, from what this guy is saying, it's being stalled in the courts, and we know how the courts work as it is.

The guy is also a Democrat, so can't blame the Republicans for conjuring this one up. True or false, it does make one think...

p.s.
    this isn't a pot stirring either, just one heck of a good video and questions asked. I'd say watch it objectively and come to your own conclusion.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 at 08:38 PM. Reason: added title of short film to clear up confusion :)
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Re: The October Surprise

Just one problem there.....

It's November

MRA Racer No.427

Yeah I know, it's the title of the short film.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Two problems, actually - it is November, and yesterday Hawaii certified that B.O.s birth certificate is legitimate and cited the section of Hawaii state law that does not allow them to release it to the general public.

On another note, McCain was born in Panama... (and that is trying to stir the pot )
    1989 Honda Hawk,2005 crf250x supermoto

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser

Quote Originally Posted by Filo View Post
    Two problems, actually - it is November, and yesterday Hawaii certified that B.O.s birth certificate is legitimate and cited the section of Hawaii state law that does not allow them to release it to the general public.

On another note, McCain was born in Panama... (and that is trying to stir the pot )
    yeah that was mentioned in the video...

As for Hawaii, my only question is. Why do they have a law like that(seems convienent)? I mean you can't apply for certain forms of credit without a birth certificate. You can't even get a drivers license(your first time @ age 16) unless you show a proof of birth. So how is it, someone running for the most important job in America get off without showing his??(and by the way, even some jobs require proof of birth as well).

Even forms of I.D. require a birth certificate in order to get them, as well as obtaining a P.O. Box(while they accept many forms of identification or verification, if you can't come up with the others on the list and have your birth certificate, they accept that as ID).
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 at 09:00 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    As for Hawaii, my only question is. Why do they have a law like that(seems convienent)?
    The law allows you or your family members to get them. It is just like Pennsylvania (where I was born). I can get my birth certificate. You, however, cannot get my birth certificate. If I am incapacitated, my wife/parents/siblings can get it, but that is it. I guess it is privacy based. I find it highly unlikely B.O. would have gotten this far in the process without being born here.

To bad the law excludes Arnold S. Then we would have a terminator for president.

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser

The law allows you or your family members to get them. It is just like Pennsylvania (where I was born). I can get my birth certificate. You, however, cannot get my birth certificate. If I am incapacitated, my wife/parents/siblings can get it, but that is it. I guess it is privacy based. I find it highly unlikely B.O. would have gotten this far in the process without being born here.

To bad the law excludes Arnold S. Then we would have a terminator for president.
    True, I totally agree on the privacy issue. However, when running for President, I firmly believe that all cards must be on the table. You are going to be in the highest position of the country and are going to represent the country. If you don't want your laundry done in public, then perhaps running for President isn't the best thing to do.

I think the people have a right to know about you because of what you will encompass as a person. Being President, you cease to be a citizen and are now answerable to the Citizens of America. The populace is your BOSS and if your boss wants to know about you and your past it should be out in the open.

Even for me when I got hired on with the City of CS, I had to pass a rather vigorous background check(meaning credit check, citizenship, criminal records, etcetera). I'm sure it's the same for many many companies.

Yeah too bad about Arnold, I'd probably vote for him just cause he is the Terminator HAHA. Also Chuck Norris should run, maybe him and Arnie could be on one ticket.

Only one problem with Chuck Norris running for President:
    Chuck Norris doesn't run for the presidency, the presidency runs for Chuck Norris.

On foreign policy: Chuck Norris' foreign policy would consist of PAIN. HAHA
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Chuck Norris
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

"Surrick dismissed the case, finding that Berg lacked standing to bring the suit because he did not face direct harm even if the allegations were true. Berg has said that he plans to appeal [press release] the suit's dismissal. AP has more.

A similar court challenge was previously made to the citizenship of Obama's presidential rival, Senator John McCain (R-AZ), arguing [NYT report] that McCain did not qualify as a "natural born" US citizen because he was born at Coco Solo Naval Air Station in the Panama Canal Zone, a military installation outside of US territory. US District Judge William Alsup dismissed that lawsuit [order, PDF] in September for lack of standing."

Old news for both contestants.

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/cou...ase_id-281573/

The case was dismissed on Oct. 24 for the same reason given in the lawsuit against John McCain back in September.

Announcer On Radio: Eyewitnesses say that the bees are yellow and black, and dress much the way Eli Wallach did in the movie "The Magnificant Seven". The bees are also overweight..
    Chevy Chase: Wait a minute.. you must be..
    Elliot Gould: That's right, gringo.. the Killer Bees.

streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetching......

Sorry, I dont usually post in the political threads but find this whole thing a little last resortish.

True, I totally agree on the privacy issue. However, when running for President, I firmly believe that all cards must be on the table. You are going to be in the highest position of the country and are going to represent the country. If you don't want your laundry done in public, then perhaps running for President isn't the best thing to do.

I think the people have a right to know about you because of what you will encompass as a person. Being President, you cease to be a citizen and are now answerable to the Citizens of America. The populace is your BOSS and if your boss wants to know about you and your past it should be out in the open.

Even for me when I got hired on with the City of CS, I had to pass a rather vigorous background check(meaning credit check, citizenship, criminal records, etcetera). I'm sure it's the same for many many companies.

Yeah too bad about Arnold, I'd probably vote for him just cause he is the Terminator HAHA. Also Chuck Norris should run, maybe him and Arnie could be on one ticket.

Only one problem with Chuck Norris running for President:
    Chuck Norris doesn't run for the presidency, the presidency runs for Chuck Norris.

On foreign policy: Chuck Norris' foreign policy would consist of PAIN. HAHA
    Man, you really are... well never mind. Of course you will never believe anything he has to say even when the proof is sitting on your face like a 250 lb chick. You want 100% disclosure then how about JM releases ALL his medical records and let real Dr.'s look at them for an unlimited amount of time instead of a bunch of reporters and CNN's Dr Gupta for one hour with the records all mixed up, many without page numbers. How about Palins medical records that have yet to be released? You stand and scream the negatives about President Obama, yet you have no voice left to complain about JM and SP? Hmmmmm, smacks of bullshit to me.

Support the troops, bring them home

Quote Originally Posted by merlotSV View Post
    streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetching......

Sorry, I dont usually post in the political threads but find this whole thing a little last resortish.

It's actually been around since just after the DNC. Berg, the first to file a suit, was a "lifelong Democrat" (as most took to mean a pissed off Hilldog supporter).

Quote Originally Posted by AirAssault View Post
    Man, you really are... well never mind. Of course you will never believe anything he has to say even when the proof is sitting on your face like a 250 lb chick. You want 100% disclosure then how about JM releases ALL his medical records and let real Dr.'s look at them for an unlimited amount of time instead of a bunch of reporters and CNN's Dr Gupta for one hour with the records all mixed up, many without page numbers. How about Palins medical records that have yet to be released? You stand and scream the negatives about President Obama, yet you have no voice left to complain about JM and SP? Hmmmmm, smacks of bullshit to me.
    Actually if they wanted to go over McCain's records fine by me. At least he released them. I'm not the one in charge, so don't complain to me about his records not been thouroughly run through with a fine tooth comb.

As far as complaining about McCain and Palin, well of course not. However, McCain wasn't my choice to win the primaries. However, he's the best choice for me, so I'm voting for him.

And for Palin, yeah I'll never have a problem with her, that's basically the woman of my dreams. Conservative, opinionated, gorgeous, loves guns and is a Lifetime Member of the NRA, stands her ground and wears naughty librarian glasses. Yeah she pretty much has me firing on all cylinders.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

And for Palin, yeah I'll never have a problem with her, that's basically the woman of my dreams. Conservative, opinionated, gorgeous, loves guns and is a Lifetime Member of the NRA, stands her ground and wears naughty librarian glasses. Yeah she pretty much has me firing on all cylinders.
    Eeewww. I just got a mental image of you "dancing with yourself" while thinking of Palin. Good thing I don't know what you look like. Although I will admit she is the best looking VP candidate our country has ever had.

Here is another woman-of-your-dreams http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/....intruder.wtae Not only does she own a gun, but she ain't afraid to use it, motherf&%er.
    Last edited by Filo; Mon Nov 3rd, 2008 at 03:56 PM.

Eeewww. I just got a mental image of you "dancing with yourself" while thinking of Palin. Good thing I don't know what you look like. Although I will admit she is the best looking VP candidate our country has ever had.

Here is another woman-of-your-dreams http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/....intruder.wtae Not only does she own a gun, but she ain't afraid to use it, motherf&%er.
    dude, that woman in the video is 75 HAHA that's a little too old, even for me. Don't get me wrong, older women rock but not when they have to take their metamucel and be in bed by 6:30 HAHAHA..

Seriously though, I'm glad the granny smoked the intruder. She has ever right to be safe and protect herself and her home.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

How about 57 y/o?

Too bad it wasn't during his first visit though...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...6?OpenDocument

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    How about 57 y/o?

Too bad it wasn't during his first visit though...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...6?OpenDocument
    that's still too old for me. I'm talkin like 35 max..
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by AirAssault View Post
    The review of medical records is not required by the Constitution to be elligable to run for president, unlike No-Bama's questionable citizenship status.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)