Thread: Vacuum Gauges for Carb Sync?

Vacuum Gauges for Carb Sync?

Somewhere buried deep in the basement must be my vacuum gauges that I use to synchronize carbs, but for the life of me I can't find them (and haven't seen them since I moved to Colorado).

It's not like you need to synchronize the DFI systems very often but I just rebuilt the carbs from my old KZ1300 and want to get them setup right. I can do it with 4 gauges but 6 is even better. Does anybody have a set (or two) that I could borrow long enough to do my bike?

Tuning by ear just goes so far....

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Re: Vacuum Gauges for Carb Sync?

OKD,
    does that mean the 1300 is running?
    Bash
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Re: Vacuum Gauges for Carb Sync?

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post
    OKD,
    does that mean the 1300 is running?
    Bash
    I'm waiting on a new cam chain tensioner before I run it but otherwise it is mechanically ready. That bike has a bad history of cam chain tensioners going bad and screwing with valve timing in the worst kinda way and I don't need that now.

Next, I need to figure out what the heck I'm going to do with it. Sure wish I still had the old DG 6 into 1 exhaust and cafe setup I used to have. Otherwise I think I will just think about a paint job.

I am so looking forward to the sound of the inline 6 again....