Thread: This is the stuff that gives gun owners a bad name...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is the stuff that gives gun owners a bad name...

I just found this article on MSNBC sports, that says guns only endanger people and you are stupid, scarred, and trying to be a "man" for carrying one. This is the stuff that a lot of people read and form opinions on gun owners without any real facts. It annoys me, that authors spew this stuff without looking up facts and real-life acounts. If I was a star, I would always be carrying a gun (legal unlike Burres), there are a lot of crazy people out there, and I want to be in my full power to protect myself. Also, Burres is dumb and also gives a lot of gun owners a bad name by carrying a loaded, unlicensed gun "gangsta" style in his belt. Again, I worry that a lot of people generalize off these isolated and over-blown events. Out of so many legal CW carriers how many have shot themselves in the leg... I own a gun for recreation and personal defense, not to feel like a man.

Granted, he is correct that a lot of people especially athlete's need to remember that the gun is not a force field of safety, rather a tool for better self-defense. A gun will not always guarantee you safety, but a lot of times it will improve your odds. Also, he is also correct that athletes need to be smarter with their guns, like having the correct permits, and buying a holster... I think someone who makes millions can front the money for a belt holster.

Article:
    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28004631/
    Last edited by RyNo24; Mon Dec 1st, 2008 at 08:18 PM.
    "Ride Naked!"
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 (Fazer)
    1984 Kawasaki 250 4-stroke enduro
    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L V8 (Gas Whore)